• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

when do we fire Heath?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,681
  • Days Won:  108

I love this thread and hopefully it keeps going.

Every pitiful reply like the one bull83 gave...again just reinforces my belief that Stan Heath has the most comfortable coaching job in America. I hesitated to write that because I just knew it would be way over somebody's head and what do you know...it was.

I love Triple B and his woeful USF can't be expected to do better speeches and since we are mediocre we should just accept a mediocre head coaching. "Hey we are USF and we suck so what's the big deal? We've sucked this long so might as well suck some more, who knows maybe we'll get a crumb tossed our way eventually."

Triple I like you and always have, but you lost me a few year ago when you said that you rather go to the NIT instead of the NCAAT.

To think that coaches don't make or can't make a difference is asinine. I never said or even thought that USF was a job where there wasn't work that needed to be done. However this notion that you can't win consistently here isn't true anymore. It can be done and I don't know what program you think just is born good without working at it. USF isn't the only program that had to overcome disadvantages to change the perception and the culture from losing to winning. It's been done and will continue to be done as long as the rules of the game remain the same. To do that starts with having the right people in charge in the Athletic Department on down.

I'm sure you will continue to disagree and that's fine, I'm never going to convince you or the others of what I think and you all aren't going to change my way of thinking. We all can just agree to disagree...

I'll be back on this board in a week or so, have fun my friends.

Curious, why do you say that?  Anything in the past prove it, other than Heath taking them to the NCAA's last year?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,575
  • Days Won:  423

I love this thread and hopefully it keeps going.

Every pitiful reply like the one bull83 gave...again just reinforces my belief that Stan Heath has the most comfortable coaching job in America. I hesitated to write that because I just knew it would be way over somebody's head and what do you know...it was.

Based on this post, the only one whose head is consistently being overflown is yours ...

I love Triple B and his woeful USF can't be expected to do better speeches and since we are mediocre we should just accept a mediocre head coaching. "Hey we are USF and we suck so what's the big deal? We've sucked this long so might as well suck some more, who knows maybe we'll get a crumb tossed our way eventually."

Never said that.

Triple I like you and always have, but you lost me a few year ago when you said that you rather go to the NIT instead of the NCAAT.

Never said that.

To think that coaches don't make or can't make a difference is asinine. I never said or even thought that USF was a job where there wasn't work that needed to be done. However this notion that you can't win consistently here isn't true anymore. It can be done and I don't know what program you think just is born good without working at it. USF isn't the only program that had to overcome disadvantages to change the perception and the culture from losing to winning. It's been done and will continue to be done as long as the rules of the game remain the same. To do that starts with having the right people in charge in the Athletic Department on down.

You honestly aren't grasping what most of us are telling you, are you?

I'm sure you will continue to disagree and that's fine, I'm never going to convince you or the others of what I think and you all aren't going to change my way of thinking. We all can just agree to disagree...

Plenty of agreeing to disagree on the board but just stop putting lies in our mouths to disagree with ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I'm reeeling from the fact that Vega thinks Stan should be fired and Skip needed more time. Or maybe I "misremember".

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

Another two losses since I started this, and the performance on the hardwood is just reinforcing the thoughts that we may have the wrong guy at the whiteboard.  Our shooting is abysmal.  Watching the L'ville  game Sunday, we could not hit consistently in warm ups.  What is wrong with these guys?  

I have always had a philosophy with sports, football and basketball in particular.  The first half belongs to the players, the second half belongs to the coaches.  Here is why.  You have all week to prepare for a game.  You get the team set, design plays, schemes, watch tape etc.  You have the time to set up for your opponent for days.  the first half comes down to executing that game plan.  At that point the players have to be in their assignments, be mentally in the game, and execute.  The goal is to win the first half with your game plan and put the other team off theirs.

The second half is the coaches.  They need to go into the locker room and make the strategic changes based on the first half.  This is where they earn their money, being able to make adjustments to players, getting them back on the plan, or changing up based on what the other team is doing.  They need to motivate the guys to hold a lead or get the lead, and they need to out think the other coach and anticipate what they will change.

Stan has not been able to do this effectively.  So many games we have been ahead or close at half, hell, just look at this past week two good first halves, then the second half we lose it.  We fail to change up what we do, fail to adjust.  This is coaching.  

At this point, play the kids, get Jordan out there to learn the speed of BE BBall.  he actually had some movement and game in the few minutes he played lately.  Get Rudd back on his game, if that means benching him everytime he steps BACK to show off his NBA 3-pointer.  Figure out a new way for Collins to play, it is known now, successful coaches have it schemed.  Lastly, get the bench healthy, I know having Noreiga out is a killer.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,575
  • Days Won:  423

Another two losses since I started this, and the performance on the hardwood is just reinforcing the thoughts that we may have the wrong guy at the whiteboard.  

It's the same guy we had at the white board in 09-10 and 11-12 ...

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Heath is responsible a tad, but the players this year have been garbage. Can't really blame him for that. the freshman have been good though.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I've never seen a team miss so many 5 footers. How is a coach supposed to account for that?

Next game you watch count how many 5 footers and less USF misses. Then at the end of the game look at the scoreboard. It will be amazing what you see.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

Heath is responsible because he recruited the players.  He is also responsible for coaching and teaching players.  If they can't shoot then practice shooting.  You improve on your weakness as a team that is how the team improves.

• Upvote 1