• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MIAMI & the NCAA Situation

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,458
  • Days Won:  25

I still don't see a problem in using any of the information "unethically obtained".  Misleading a witness to obtain more information is a standard practice police interrogators use every day.  Miami is grasping at straws on this.

I'll give it to them, attacking the NCAA is their best option, but they wont get the case dismissed.  Their punishment may not be as harsh because of the folly, which Miami perpetuated.

That's all they care about...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

I still don't see a problem in using any of the information "unethically obtained".  Misleading a witness to obtain more information is a standard practice police interrogators use every day.  Miami is grasping at straws on this.

I'll give it to them, attacking the NCAA is their best option, but they wont get the case dismissed.  Their punishment may not be as harsh because of the folly, which Miami perpetuated.

haha, grasping at straws? Only people grasping at straws are moron fans who are so jaded that they are ok with a corrupt system going to corrupt means to punish someone. If it so clear then find the evidence and go after Miami ethically.

Maybe I should befriend some USF players, take them bowling a few times, save the receipts and then tell the NCAA twice that I paid USF players tens of thousands of dollars. That is all that needs to be done for the NCAA to believe me.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

The guilty party trying to escape on technicalities.

That's exactly what it is ....

Meanwhile, UM also will allege that NCAA investigators lied to interview subjects by claiming that other people interviewed made comments they never made, in order to trick the subjects into revealing incriminating information they otherwise might not, according to multiple officials familiar with the NCAA’s case against UM and former coaches. UM believes such behavior is unethical.

If lying to perps is what it takes to get to the truth, what's the problem? Didn't say "into revealing incriminating false information they otherwise might not" ....  and LOL at the delusional fan that thinks the NCAA will be the one resting in peace.

You start to straddle the fine line of "entrapment;" that's the problem. It's a **** shame that the NCAA is just as dirty as the U, but it looks like the U will get off relatively pain free, me thinks.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

haha, grasping at straws? Only people grasping at straws are moron fans who are so jaded that they are ok with a corrupt system going to corrupt means to punish someone. If it so clear then find the evidence and go after Miami ethically.

Maybe I should befriend some USF players, take them bowling a few times, save the receipts and then tell the NCAA twice that I paid USF players tens of thousands of dollars. That is all that needs to be done for the NCAA to believe me.

Homer.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

Meanwhile, UM also will allege that NCAA investigators lied to interview subjects by claiming that other people interviewed made comments they never made, in order to trick the subjects into revealing incriminating information they otherwise might not, according to multiple officials familiar with the NCAA’s case against UM and former coaches. UM believes such behavior is unethical.

If lying to perps is what it takes to get to the truth, what's the problem? Didn't say "into revealing incriminating false information they otherwise might not" ....  and LOL at the delusional fan that thinks the NCAA will be the one resting in peace.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/27/3310225/miami-hurricanes-claim-more-unethical.html#storylink=cpy

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/27/3310225/miami-hurricanes-claim-more-unethical.html#storylink=cpy

You start to straddle the fine line of "entrapment;" that's the problem. It's a **** shame that the NCAA is just as dirty as the U, but it looks like the U will get off relatively pain free, me thinks.

I thought entrapment was tricking them into actually DOING something illegal and the arresting them. This was trying to get them to reveal something they've already done .... Totally different, IMO.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

miami and its fans are pathetic.  sad day for college sports when you can basically get away with murder.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I thought entrapment was tricking them into actually DOING something illegal and the arresting them. This was trying to get them to reveal something they've already done .... Totally different, IMO.

Details don't matter to 'Cane fans.  Escaping punishment for what they have done wrong is what matters.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,458
  • Days Won:  25

Interesting blurb in this mornings Trib. UM is not disputing the wrong doings of a player, only that the NCAA would not have found out if they had used a different line of questioning.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

Police investigators and interrogators lie to suspects all the time in order to get information out. They will tell them their partner confessed, they know this and that, that they have all of this evidence that they really don't have, etc, etc, all lies in an effort to get a confession.

Police and law enforcement are allowed to lie to you, but it is illegal for you to lie to them.

Trying to defend Miami by saying that the investigators misled interviewees to get information is rationalization. It doesn't matter how the truth came out, it came out and Miami should be punished for it. A wrong by the NCAA does not make a wrong by Miami into a right. 

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,305
  • Days Won:  10

What a bunch of Miami crap, trying to say information gained in one case cannot be used by the NCAA.   

Wright, according to Miami's motion, "acknowledged receiving those benefits only after Johanningmeier asked him specific questions regarding the benefits" that the former quarterback received from convicted felon and one-time Hurricanes booster Nevin Shapiro.

And the NCAA, Miami contends, only learned about those benefits - including a trip to a Snoop Dogg concert in 2005 and an overnight trip to the Bahamas - because of the deposition that Shapiro attorney Maria Elena Perez conducted of former Miami equipment-room staffer and Shapiro confidant Sean Allen in December 2011.

That was one of the depositions Perez conducted as part of Shapiro's bankruptcy case under subpoena power while receiving payment from the NCAA for the work performed. The NCAA does not have subpoena power, and has said it struck all the information collected from Perez's depositions of Allen and former Shapiro business partner Michael Huyghue from the notice of allegations against the Hurricanes.

Miami does not believe the NCAA has stricken enough.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/miami-wants-wrights-testimony-allegations-205608681--spt.html