• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MIAMI & the NCAA Situation

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

Taking money from a booster for 8 years, yep nothing should happen to the program.

And this was not proven.

We should be punished on the unproven claims of a convicted felon?  Yeah, that's not such a great option and/or precedent either.

You do realize, there was no proof (outside of Shapiro's claims) for anything beyond the players who were suspended.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

Taking money from a booster for 8 years, yep nothing should happen to the program.

And this was not proven.

We should be punished on the unproven claims of a convicted felon? Yeah, that's not such a great option and/or precedent either.

You do realize, there was no proof (outside of Shapiro's claims) for anything beyond the players who were suspended.

Some of the photos were pretty damning but I guess no paper trail means no penalty.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

And this was not proven.

We should be punished on the unproven claims of a convicted felon? Yeah, that's not such a great option and/or precedent either.

Some of the photos were pretty damning but I guess no paper trail means no penalty.

I understand what you are saying.

My favorite set of photos were the ones that "steel trap memory" Shapiro claimed were taken on the field of the 2003 Fiasco Bowl in Tempe, Arizona.  Yet when you looked closely at the pictures, the players were wearing the wrong colored jerseys and you could clearly see the Orange Bowl architecture in the background.

Yahoo.  What a bunch of fact-checkers, boy.

Multiple guys claimed that "boat" photos were taken after they had already turned pro, including the one guy who went to Nebraska.  It would have been a long commute for him to drive from Nebraska to Miami one day during the semester simply for a boat ride.

I don't think anyone doubts that Shapiro let guys stand in his velvet-rope VIP section at the club.  But handing out money, at least as it is detailed in SI's article on Oklahoma State?  Yeah, that didn't happen.