• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Willie Taggart

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

]depends on how much responsibility he wants....apparently when he was hired at TCU, their coach said he turned down a number of coordinator jobs to coach LBs at TCU.

We're any of those in Florida?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,519
  • Days Won:  422

If we can get Shannon as DC. Taggart would have the Tampa Bay ties and Shannon would have the South Florida ties.

Shannon was the head coach at the University of Miami. Why in the world would he come here as a DC under a Willie Taggart? Have there been instances of something like this happening elsewhere?

he's LB coach at TCU currently

Exactly. It would be a promotion from where he currently is.

it would be more responsibility. maybe a little more money but if he is trying to climb the coaching ladder again then it probably would benefit him.

depends on how much responsibility he wants....apparently when he was hired at TCU, their coach said he turned down a number of coordinator jobs to coach LBs at TCU.

Just saw that ... http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2012/08/gary-patterson-randy-shannon-turned-down-eight-to-10-coordinator-jobs-to-coach-linebackers-at-tcu.html/

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

]depends on how much responsibility he wants....apparently when he was hired at TCU, their coach said he turned down a number of coordinator jobs to coach LBs at TCU.

We're any of those in Florida?

I didn't see where it said which programs...here's the article I read:

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/08/10/4170203/ex-miami-coach-randy-shannon-getting.html

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

If we can get Shannon as DC. Taggart would have the Tampa Bay ties and Shannon would have the South Florida ties.

Shannon was the head coach at the University of Miami. Why in the world would he come here as a DC under a Willie Taggart? Have there been instances of something like this happening elsewhere?

he's LB coach at TCU currently

Exactly. It would be a promotion from where he currently is.

it would be more responsibility. maybe a little more money but if he is trying to climb the coaching ladder again then it probably would benefit him.

depends on how much responsibility he wants....apparently when he was hired at TCU, their coach said he turned down a number of coordinator jobs to coach LBs at TCU.

could be he saw that being a LB coach at tcu gave him a better chance at success than say a DC job at akron or tulane. sometimes it's better to wait for the right opportunity. under the right head coach, USF DC job could be a great opportunity.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

More and more I read about Willie Taggart, the more I feel he might be the best option out there.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I would be ok with Taggert as HC, Magee as OC, but you need a very experienced D-guy (Shannon) to come in and create a nasty attitude on that side of the ball.

I am all about the D... I use to come to the games and was way more excited about our D taking the field than our O.... I miss the punishment our D use to give

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

magee wouldnt OC for taggart

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I agree, but I'm not feeling Taggert or Magee alone, but together I think would be cool....

DW has a tough decision ahead of him

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,430
  • Days Won:  3

Taggart would bring Marquel Blackwell back with him too. If Taggart is successful and were to take a job somewhere else in the long future I could see Marquel becoming our OC or HC in the future which would be awesome.

Edited by zarnozdabull

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Interesting tweet:

@MiramarSports Willie Taggart to USF? Home run for the Bulls, IMO. The draw of choosing in his hometown outmatched the draw of bigger jobs.

Intriguing verb tense there ...

• Upvote 1