• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conner Rafferty OT Robinson HS Tampa

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I don't like situations like this. Coaches are prohibited from commenting on recruits, so it just becomes a lot of accusations that can't be proven. I'm not trying to let CWT off the hook, but he could have easily had a conversation with the kid that ended with him politely pulling the offer with no foul play and the kid can say anything he wants to save face amongst his peers and on the internet. CWT can't do a thing to clear his name. Look at whats going on with Tuberville, the man can't say a thing and kids are piling on him like crazy. Even in some cases, others are bringing in evidence they're ******** charges. One TTU recruit is claiming Tuberville left him sitting at dinner when he got the job at Cincy and just walked out of the restaurant hanging him out to dry on his visit. Multiple sources are proving that to be a horsefeathers story by a teenage kid with his own motives for spreading it. I think until proven otherwise, CWT deserves the benefit of the doubt and there's more to this story than a 10:30 phone call to tell him to suck it.

This

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

I don't like it... I think they should have honored all of the offers. 

Even if he would likely not play, perhaps just be forward, tell him that his chances of play time are slim and that other programs might be a better fit, but still allow him to choose USF. He could always surprise the staff. 

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,287
  • Days Won:  10

Not very impressive. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

I don't like situations like this. Coaches are prohibited from commenting on recruits, so it just becomes a lot of accusations that can't be proven. I'm not trying to let CWT off the hook, but he could have easily had a conversation with the kid that ended with him politely pulling the offer with no foul play and the kid can say anything he wants to save face amongst his peers and on the internet. CWT can't do a thing to clear his name. Look at whats going on with Tuberville, the man can't say a thing and kids are piling on him like crazy. Even in some cases, others are bringing in evidence they're ******** charges. One TTU recruit is claiming Tuberville left him sitting at dinner when he got the job at Cincy and just walked out of the restaurant hanging him out to dry on his visit. Multiple sources are proving that to be a horsefeathers story by a teenage kid with his own motives for spreading it. I think until proven otherwise, CWT deserves the benefit of the doubt and there's more to this story than a 10:30 phone call to tell him to suck it.

This

JTrue posted that before the other article came out ... Looks like a polite conversation from Wells to me.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  70
  • Days Won:  0

I like what Taggart did. Shows we mean business. This kid had to know this was coming. Don't believe everything you read. I am sure we will patch it up with Depue and his successor. If we wanted what Skip was dishing up. we should have kept him.

I know Coach DePue and he does not lie and if he is pissed heads will roll in the local recruiting... In my opinion this shows me two things 1. The handling of this situation was not in a classy and professional manner. 2) That Coach T wants his guys but at what cost? Do you burn bridges this late in the recruiting process? As an alumni and a donor I am not happy about how this situation will effect local recruiting and how our program is being represented.  

Edited by Whyyyyyyy?

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Not a huge fan but this is the way it goes.

Until signing day and offer is almost meaningless

and a verbal commit from a kid is even more meaningless...

should be rolling letters of intent.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Kid does it for a better offer- yay for the kid. School does it for a better play, shame on the school. The end.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Kid does it for a better offer- yay for the kid. School does it for a better play, shame on the school. The end.

Exactly.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  70
  • Days Won:  0

Exactly.

I do not think that people are mad about pulling a scholarship from a mediocre OL. Its how it was done. The end 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I don't like situations like this. Coaches are prohibited from commenting on recruits, so it just becomes a lot of accusations that can't be proven. I'm not trying to let CWT off the hook, but he could have easily had a conversation with the kid that ended with him politely pulling the offer with no foul play and the kid can say anything he wants to save face amongst his peers and on the internet. CWT can't do a thing to clear his name. Look at whats going on with Tuberville , the man can't say a thing and kids are piling on him like crazy. Even in some cases, others are bringing in evidence they're ******** charges. One TTU recruit is claiming Tuberville left him sitting at dinner when he got the job at Cincy and just walked out of the restaurant hanging him out to dry on his visit. Multiple sources are proving that to be a horsefeathers story by a teenage kid with his own motives for spreading it. I think until proven otherwise, CWT deserves the benefit of the doubt and there's more to this story than a 10:30 phone call to tell him to suck it.

This

JTrue posted that before the other article came out ... Looks like a polite conversation from Wells to me.

I should have quoted the part that I was agreeing with, my apologies on that. USF cannot issue a statement about this as he is a potential recruit. We will never get the schools side of the story.