• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conner Rafferty OT Robinson HS Tampa

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

He is being offered a free education somewhere. The only one who probably wont be fine with this all shakes out is you, the least important person in the equation. Get over yourself already.

Let's have a show of hands who thinks an Eastern Kentucky education is as good as a USF education. I hardly think I am the only one thinking that kid is screwed. Nice he is going somewhere, but screwed.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

how do we raise our hands on a message board?

how do we raise our hands on a message board?

:GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

He's 6 ft 4 and 270 pounds, and doesn't have any other offers? All that tells me is that he isn't very good. With his GPA, the kid could probably play IVY league ball. Hopefully it works out for him.

Coach T did it the only way he could, honestly.

Ivy leagues doesn't offer student scholarships for athletics.

He's 6 ft 4 and 270 pounds, and doesn't have any other offers? All that tells me is that he isn't very good. With his GPA, the kid could probably play IVY league ball. Hopefully it works out for him.

Ivy league prohibits athletic scholarships.

However they do give "Grants-in-Aid".

Yes they do.  But he is competing for everyone that qualifies for admission.

I believe you are just a tad naive!

I believe you are just a tad naive!

Go read the Ivy League rules for financial grants. No one has special status, it goes by need. That is in their bylaws.

He is being offered a free education somewhere. The only one who probably wont be fine with this all shakes out is you, the least important person in the equation. Get over yourself already.

Let's have a show of hands who thinks an Eastern Kentucky education is as good as a USF education. I hardly think I am the only one thinking that kid is screwed. Nice he is going somewhere, but screwed.

If he wants a USF education, he can get it....if he want's to play college football, then it appears that EKU is his level.  

On the plus side EKU is a short drive up I-75, and they have an OCS!

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

No, he is not.  There is a minimum level they must qualify to get into the school.  Then the athletic program gets them academic scholarship money.  Cool thing for the student is that because it is academic as long as they keep their grades up they keep the scholly even if they stop playing for the team.  But they get the offer initially because they are an athlete.  I know someone that was offered by an Ivy League school.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Just picked up an easter kentucky offer, he will be fine

Less than 24 hrs after his @USFFootball offer's rescinded, Robinson OL Connor Rafferty is offered by #EasternKentucky, per asst Shawn Taylor

Eastern Kentucky has a football team? They must play Western Carolina. Not sure how someone will be fine after being offered by a mid major school and ending up at BFE.

Water seeks it's own level...Rafferty may just have found his!

---------------------------------------

Are you always a jerk or just on Mondays?  

I'm sure he'll get other offers now that he is no longer a USF commit.  Obviously you aren't an athlete yourself or you would have a better idea how this works.

Edited by DataBull

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

A 1050 SAT will not get you into an Ivy League school. Not even close. Also a 3.6 GPA will not get you into an Ivy League school unless your parents/grandparents went there and you have money

Edited by NinjaPenguin777

A 1050 SAT will not get you into an Ivy League school. Not even close. Also a 3.6 GPA will not get you into an Ivy League school unless your parents/grandparents went there and you have money

Unless you are a very good football player.