• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conner Rafferty OT Robinson HS Tampa

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

People jumping to conclusion without knowsing whats going on behind the scenes. I also read that USF could not comment on the situation due to recruiting policies

They could, and should, make a general statement without getting too specific ...

Better to leave it alone and answer questions in private with area coaches and recruits that have them... and I'm sure it happen everywhere...not to mention He wasn't a Taggart recruit...at least they were honest with the kid

I agree if it was just the rescinding of a schollie, that does happen all the time, but I think you've got an overall integrity problem that needs to be addressed when you come out and publicly state all commits will be honored but then don't .... 

-----------------------------------

Once again, that it what we think happened, but we don't KNOW what happened.  The kid and parents can say whatever they want and the school can't comment at all.

For all we know, Holtz staff never accepted his commitment.  Does anyone remember the guy a couple of years ago that told everyone he was signing with school X and the school had never even heard of the kid?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,624
  • Days Won:  0

A 1050 SAT will not get you into an Ivy League school. Not even close. Also a 3.6 GPA will not get you into an Ivy League school unless your parents/grandparents went there and you have money

That was an unweighted 3.6 GPA, if that matters ...

Depends. If he was in something like the IB program or a magnet program then maybe but even then it's hard.  AP classes and Honors classes wouldn't cut it with that kind of GPA. Someone close to me was in the IB program at St Pete High, had a 3.5+ gpa and a SAT over 1200. She didn't get into UNC/Columbia/Duke. Only the top person from her graduating class of IB seniors got into an Ivy League (Columbia). Some of them went to Stanford, but you get my point. 

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

It's funny that through all this falderal no one has considered the fact that maybe the kid never really had a commitable offer. May have told his coach that he did. But it's strange that we would have jumped on a kid with this talent level back in June(even for the Holtz menagerie). Maybe Willie is doing exactly what Woolard said he would do.

DB- just saw your post, but I guess great minds think alike. :popcorn:

Edited by Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Wow this blew up lol. I understand your feelings 100% slick and it does bother me a bit. But, we don't know 100% what was said. Bullwinkle, at the time, I think Holtz was good w him. My argument is this: every year, you see players transfer to a smaller school bc they just won't get playing time. It sucks right now, but I'd rather spend all 4 years at the same school then decide to transfer half way through... Just me.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,605
  • Days Won:  424

A 1050 SAT will not get you into an Ivy League school. Not even close. Also a 3.6 GPA will not get you into an Ivy League school unless your parents/grandparents went there and you have money

That was an unweighted 3.6 GPA, if that matters ...

Depends. If he was in something like the IB program or a magnet program then maybe but even then it's hard.  AP classes and Honors classes wouldn't cut it with that kind of GPA. Someone close to me was in the IB program at St Pete High, had a 3.5+ gpa and a SAT over 1200. She didn't get into UNC/Columbia/Duke. Only the top person from her graduating class of IB seniors got into an Ivy League (Columbia). Some of them went to Stanford, but you get my point. 

He's taking dual courses at HCC so that means he's taking Advanced classes, which would mean that 3.6 would be higher weighted but the SAT could be a stopper for some of those snooty institutions.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,605
  • Days Won:  424

It's funny that through all this falderal no one has considered the fact that maybe the kid never really had a commitable offer. May have told his coach that he did. But it's strange that we would have jumped on a kid with this talent level back in June(even for the Holtz menagerie). Maybe Willie is doing exactly what Woolard said he would do.

:rolleyes:  ... So now we add the player, the players' parents and the player's coach to the recruiting services that don't know ****. Who's left?

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

:rolleyes:  ... So now we add the player, the players' parents and the player's coach to the recruiting services that don't know ****. Who's left?

You, but then you were always at the top of the list.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

---------------------------------

Seriously Trip, you know that parents and kids are going to say things that make themselves in the best possible light.  

It is possible that Holtz said he might have an offer, might not.  It's possible that there were strings attached.  It's possible that he wasn't told his scholarship was gone, just told that he is low man on the totem pole and might want to go to a school that gives him more playing time.  

None of us heard any of the conversations, we don't know what was offered and we only hear one side of the story.  It isn't always accurate.

What part of that do you disagree with?

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

There's always 3 sides to every story. Hope the kid finds a good landing spot. Who knows, he may go somewhere and end up loving it.

• Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Honestly there are worse people to piss off other than Robinson. wasnt until the last couple of years ago there was anyone worthy of a D1 scholarship. Both of these guys are marginal Holtz recruits. Its more important to make sure we have who we need than let kids come one and take a scholarship knowing they arent goign to fit what CWT is doing. Maybe this just means Kirkland is coming...I can dream.