• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conner Rafferty OT Robinson HS Tampa

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

sounded to me like hey, we have 25 spots and if everything falls into place you're number 27 on that list, so we may not have enough spots for you... :2cents:

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,604
  • Days Won:  424

Was he in fact "committed"?  I know the offer was there, but was he listed as a commit?

Since June ...

People jumping to conclusion without knowsing whats going on behind the scenes. I also read that USF could not comment on the situation due to recruiting policies

They could, and should, make a general statement without getting too specific ...

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Maybe he can walk on?

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

People jumping to conclusion without knowsing whats going on behind the scenes. I also read that USF could not comment on the situation due to recruiting policies
    They could, and should, make a general statement without getting too specific ...
Better to leave it alone and answer questions in private with area coaches and recruits that have them...and I'm sure it happen everywhere...not to mention He wasn't a Taggart recruit...at least they were honest with the kid

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Has Louisiana Tech offered him, yet?

• Topic Count:  696
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I hate to hear about this stuff. Isn't fair to the player IMHO. Usf should have honored all commitments.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  751
  • Days Won:  2

Here is what I want to know.  Did they really pull the offer?  Or did they just tell him he would never play?

"He said it would be in Connor's best interest if he were to pursue other offers at this time," Tracy Rafferty said.

"He said that they looked at film and they compared him with other offers they had, and that he was on the list but they didn't think they would get to him. So he said in his professional opinion, it would be in his best interest to pursue any other offers he would have."

That says, "you aren't as good as the rest of our players, you might want to find a place where you can get on the field."  That doesn't say "you aren't getting a scholly from us."

That could be what happened. In that case, CWT has no knowledge of USF football history. The O Line has to be one of the worse hit units when it comes to injuries in the past. I know I'd want as many deep as possible.

And ...what was your last coaching job?

• Downvote 1

Better to leave it alone and answer questions in private with area coaches and recruits that have them... and I'm sure it happen everywhere...not to mention He wasn't a Taggart recruit...at least they were honest with the kid

I agree if it was just the rescinding of a schollie, that does happen all the time, but I think you've got an overall integrity problem that needs to be addressed when you come out and publicly state all commits will be honored but then don't .... 

• Upvote 1