• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conner Rafferty OT Robinson HS Tampa

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

If he's a marginal at best recruit, why should USF have to honor it. USF isn't running a charity, giving away scholarships worth thousands of dollars to undeserving athletes, athletically speaking. If he wasn't good enough, he wasn't good enough. Bottom line.

Because USF said they would ...

I didn't know a university could speak.... ;)

:facepalm:

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Nothing reported has said that they actually rescinded the offer.  All it says it that he would be better off if he went somewhere else.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Looks like less than 24 hours later, Conner Rafferty has an offer from Eastern Kentucky. Anyone think this is more than coincidence that EKU, who I am assuming knows WKU well, offers him? Could Coach T have called in a favor?

Maybe.  But it is no secret other states covet Florida recruits.  A smart coaching staff at a small school is going to follow the Florida schools looking for recruits that just miss the cut. 

I would agree with all of the above but out of all 50 states...Kentucky? And Eastern Kentucky at that? Who plays in the FCS which WKU was in until they made the jump. I don't know the coach at Robinson's connection with EKU but I would guess that Coach T would know some people at EKU. Just thinking out loud.

Nothing reported has said that they actually rescinded the offer.  All it says it that he would be better off if he went somewhere else.

And I get accused of playing the semantics game .... If the offer was still there, nobody would be upset. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

Hard to believe an All Hillsborough lineman isn't good enough for us.  We talk about all the talent here and the kid made 1st team.  I know nothing about systems, schemes, etc. but one would think he must be fairly talented and could learn something new.

• Topic Count:  103
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah it sucks we pulled an offer from a commitment, but it is very telling when our previous coach who went 8-16 in the last 2 seasons offered a kid who's only other offer seems to be Eastern Kentucky. 

Hard to believe an All Hillsborough lineman isn't good enough for us.  We talk about all the talent here and the kid made 1st team.  I know nothing about systems, schemes, etc. but one would think he must be fairly talented and could learn something new.

He was 1st team on the Times All-Suncoast team which is an even broader base .... but no offers besides ours must mean something, though.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,039
  • Days Won:  11

looks like they gave the offer back. From the BCP forum:

FourAces

D1 Freshman Starter
star.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar.gifstar.gif
useron.gif Online

xx.gif
« Reply #34 on: Today at 10:03:38 AM »

The offer has been returned.

Probably the best scenerio for both parties....

For Rafferty, he gets information he would not have previously had (that he is not in the plans of the team) so that he can make a decision to either stay at USF as a player without much of a playing future or go to a team that really wants him.

For USF, they get to save face in the eye of the public and more importantly local recruits realizing the error of their ways. They will also probably still get the scholarship because Rafferty probably changes school.

Win win for everyone.

http://bigcountypreps.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=11986.0

• Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

I think this is even worse. Now the coaching staff looks dumb. Were they not expecting a backlash, good lord.