• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conner Rafferty OT Robinson HS Tampa

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

IF Wells said that.  Again, were on the phone conversation?  

I'm not in the habit of accusing people of doing something when they are unable to defend themselves. 

You seem to want to hang the staff out to dry even though they aren't allowed to comment.  Not really fair, is it?

I'm just stating the way I think it happened based on what we've read ... and honestly, if it was just the one call, I may not be as solid on it. How can you not think, though  that when the dad called back, he point blank asked if the offer still there or not. I know. as a father, I'd make **** sure that was crystal clear to me.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Some of you guys want us to accept a very marginal 1-AA level recruit that was recruited under the Holtz regime (I say this based on the level of offers the player apparently has). We don't have enough talent as it is. We need a major talent infusion and can't afford to give away even one unnecessary scholarship. Scholarships are worth tens of thousands of dollars. USF is not running a charity to give away tens of thousands of dollars to undeserving athletes. Think about that. Just because Skip couldn't recruit his way out of a paper bag, should USF throw away thousands upon thousands of dollards in this economy on a recruit who isn't good enough? If he isn't good enough, he isn't good enough. I trust CWT on this one. USF can't afford to just give away scholarships, regardless of what the previous coaching staff promised. Would FSU, UM, and UF give away a scholarship to a 1-AA level athlete. No.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681

Some of you guys want us to accept a very marginal 1-AA level recruit that was recruited under the Holtz regime (I say this based on the level of offers the player apparently has). We don't have enough talent as it is. We need a major talent infusion and can't afford to give away even one unnecessary scholarship. Scholarships are worth tens of thousands of dollars. USF is not running a charity to give away tens of thousands of dollars to undeserving athletes. Think about that. Just because Skip couldn't recruit his way out of a paper bag, should USF throw away thousands upon thousands of dollards in this economy on a recruit who isn't good enough? If he isn't good enough, he isn't good enough. I trust CWT on this one. USF can't afford to just give away scholarships, regardless of what the previous coaching staff promised. Would FSU, UM, and UF give away a scholarship to a 1-AA level athlete. No.

-quote-

it's about ethics

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210

What if that ends up being the last scholarship USF has available, and USF can either give it to this player or Woulard or another big time players. It could happen with the limited amount of scholarships left. Let's say you gave it away to a marginal player and now you don't have any left to give to X Big time player.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Tell him if there is room, he is in. Let him make the final call.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681

What if that ends up being the last scholarship USF has available, and USF can either give it to this player or Woulard or another big time players. It could happen with the limited amount of scholarships left. Let's say you gave it away to a marginal player and now you don't have any left to give to X Big time player.

-quote-

It was already given to him and he accepted. End of story. To revoke it shows bad character in my opinion. If we don't have any for X big time player, then X big time player missed their chance to get on the bus.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

Would he be willing to grey shirt?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

IF Wells said that.  Again, were on the phone conversation?  

I'm not in the habit of accusing people of doing something when they are unable to defend themselves. 

You seem to want to hang the staff out to dry even though they aren't allowed to comment.  Not really fair, is it?

I'm just stating the way I think it happened based on what we've read ... and honestly, if it was just the one call, I may not be as solid on it. How can you not think, though  that when the dad called back, he point blank asked if the offer still there or not. I know. as a father, I'd make **** sure that was crystal clear to me.

I think that is the issue.  If it was me, I'd make **** sure it was crystal clear to me.  But quite honestly, most people aren't that way.  

Think about it this way.  If you were in their shoes, and you made sure it was crystal clear that the offer was pulled, wouldn't you also make it crystal clear to the reporter?  I know I would.  I read a bunch of stuff about Holtz and June and blah, blah, blah.  Their quotes were very ambiguous, which means they were focused on the wrong part of the conversation.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  84
  • Days Won:  0

With the short honeymoon that Willie T is going to have he doesnt have an option other than to bring the best talent that he has evaluated. No doubt there is a problem with the system, but that is the way it has to be till changes are made.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I'd just like to know who the moron is that called in to 98.7 yesterday, I think they said his name was "HD", bashing Coach T with a bunch of false accusations and assumptions about this topic. Idiot