• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conner Rafferty OT Robinson HS Tampa

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

I bet Holtz has a good eye for these under the radar talent based on his success at ECU.

As excited as we are as fans to be getting such great commitments, I can only imagine as the head coach this must one of the most exciting times for Holtz throughout his entire career. I wonder how our team will look in 2015.

Edited by Gismo

Also, 4.22 GPA but 3.55 un weighted. HS grade inflation is out of control.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I bet Holtz has a good eye for these under the radar talent based on his success at ECU.

As excited as we are as fans to be getting such great commitments, I can only imagine as the head coach this must one of the most exciting times for Holtz throughout his entire career. I wonder how our team will look in 2015.

+1000. I love this recruiting style. Big names and completely off the chart kids. No room for ambiguity on either front. Holtz is supremely confident about what he is going for. Got to love that confidence.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

Even more so considering what he got on his SATs...

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Even more so considering what he got on his SATs...

That is a HUGE understatement

There are kids now graduating with a GPA of 9 or 10.

No joke.

Apparently these sisters graduated with a GPA of 8.6 which will be re-calculated to a 9.0

http://www.tampabay....e-honor/1232842

These kids graduated with a 10.0!!!:

http://www.dailynews...l#axzz1z01LGHSq

When I was in HS, even if you took grad courses (at an actual college,) they would weigh it a little higher, I believe it was 1 point (A = 5.0, instead of a 4.0)

Worsening the situation, now they have scales which are apparently different in in different locations (some schools are still un-weighted while others can increase the GPA level all the way to 10.0)

Add to that that some charter/private schools alter their GPA calculation methods to increase their image.

Edited by dogma

My school for an A was

AP = 5.0

Honors = 4.5

Regular = 4.0

I think they should just set everything to an A = 4.0 and let the college admissions weight their course difficulty or do internal reweighting. Colleges already have internal weight scales but this GPA inflation has really made it so that I don't give anyone credit for their GPA. if you told me you had a 3.9 and took 4 AP classes I'd be more impressed than if you said you had a 4.7 GPA.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  345
  • Days Won:  0

247 still hasn't updated our list with this commit. Will they eventually put stars on each of our commits?

Edited by Bull

• 6 months later...

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  2

@JoeyHomeTeam: According to @RobinsonKnights coach Mike DePue, #USF has rescinded scholarship offer to OL Connor Rafferty. Signing Day 23 days away.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Strange. I wonder what happened here because judging by the previous posts, it wasn't the grades. This seemed like a good get? Kind of painting us in a bad light with 23 days remaining...especially with Doug Woolard saying we would stand by all previously offered commits. Wonder if he got into some kind of trouble?