• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread - Part Deaux

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  511
  • Days Won:  1

Why does everone assume that FSU needs to be replaced with another FL team? Am I the first person to realize that both Miami and FSU where hurt by being in the same conference? ( if someone already said this, my apologies!)  Once FSU is out of the picture, Miami will try like hell to make sure they are the ONLY FL representative in the ACC. People the ACC will NEVER be an option. EVER!!! Our ONLY option is the B12. It's B12 or back to CUSA and being a mid-major. If we are not accepted by CUSA, then we have to go INDY. It is time to come to the reality that Cincy, Louisville and us are the ones that have the most to lose in this. Cincy and L'ville have geography on their side. WVU will land somehere.  Rutgers and UConn have slight shots at landing in the B1G one day, if not they are in the ACC as ND will not go there...... their ego will make sure of that. Reality is a ***** and we are face to face with that ***** right now. I hope we don't blink first. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

That's copied and pasted off some crappy website message board. I don't think the SEC has any plans to go to 16, no one in the news has even mentioned it.

Did anyone in the news mention Pitt and Syracuse going to the ACC before it happened?

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

That's copied and pasted off some crappy website message board. I don't think the SEC has any plans to go to 16, no one in the news has even mentioned it.

Did anyone in the news mention Pitt and Syracuse going to the ACC before it happened?

Yeah, the Thursday before it happened. Most people blew it off.

The SEC was prepared to go with 13. I doubt they go all the way to 16 just yet. Eventually they probably will. not just yet.

• Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Why does everone assume that FSU needs to be replaced with another FL team? Am I the first person to realize that both Miami and FSU where hurt by being in the same conference? ( if someone already said this, my apologies!)  Once FSU is out of the picture, Miami will try like hell to make sure they are the ONLY FL representative in the ACC. People the ACC will NEVER be an option. EVER!!! Our ONLY option is the B12. It's B12 or back to CUSA and being a mid-major. If we are not accepted by CUSA, then we have to go INDY. It is time to come to the reality that Cincy, Louisville and us are the ones that have the most to lose in this. Cincy and L'ville have geography on their side. WVU will land somehere.  Rutgers and UConn have slight shots at landing in the B1G one day, if not they are in the ACC as ND will not go there...... their ego will make sure of that. Reality is a ***** and we are face to face with that ***** right now. I hope we don't blink first. 

The ACC doesn't need to replace FSU with a FL team per se. They could just add, say, UConn, get back to 14, and call it a day again.

At some point they're going to become a 16 team conference probably. That means, since they cannot add SEC teams they're left with BE teams geographically, which all fit well.

UConn, WVU, and Rutgers are probably the priorities. Will they all be available? If so, we're ******. After that, all that's left is Cincy, Louisville, and USF. I would assume getting back more of a presence in FL would be a priority over Kentucky and Ohio.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Yeah, the Thursday before it happened. Most people blew it off.

The SEC was prepared to go with 13. I doubt they go all the way to 16 just yet. Eventually they probably will. not just yet.

Exactly.  Two days before it happened.  So you will hear "on the news" that the SEC is expanding to 16 two days before it happens.

Pitt and Syracuse were negotiating with the ACC for at least three weeks before you heard it on the news. 

These decisions don't happen in a day or two.  Every conference has been making plans and evaluating options for the past couple of years.  You won't hear it "on the news" until a day or two before it will become official.  That doesn't mean decisions aren't being made.

USF might know they are very likely to get an ACC offer if certain things happen. 

I would be willing to bet that both Doug and Judy know exactly what their chances are of getting into the ACC and their chances of getting into the Big 12.  Probably have for months.  That's the way these things work.

• Content Count:  259
  • Days Won:  0

Miami and FSU both fell off because of poor coaching, not being in the same conference. Either way FSU isn't going to the SEC.

• Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

but would either actually accept the offer, knowing what a mess the big east is?  it may make more sense for them to stay in CUSA.

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Sums up the situation perfectly (from Super Troopers):

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

We're not going to C-USA, C-USA is coming to the Big East. 

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

but would either actually accept the offer, knowing what a mess the big east is?  it may make more sense for them to stay in CUSA.

Depends on how desperate these two programs are to get an AQ status for 3 years... after all its much easier for the best teams from the CUSA, Sun Belt, MAC, WAC, and MWC to join a sinking Big East that still has AQ status and has a slight chance of keeping it in 2014, then it would be to start from scratch... after all who is the NCAA gonna replace the Big East with after the Big East adds the best teams from the numerous lower FBS conferences?

Hopefully this happens... might be enough to slow the sinking so that the Big East can do something.

Archived