• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread - Part Deaux

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  228
  • Days Won:  0

From the beginning, I have said USF is screwed and the silence from our Administration (Judy, Doug, etc) was concerning.

Most of you said don't worry things will be fine.

Funny how almost all of you are seeing things my way now. Judy and Doug should have been more proactive.

We are screwed!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

As for myself, I don't think we are screwed.  I'm also not concerned about silence from the USF administration.

Pitt and Syracuse were completely silent on the issue before they jumped to the ACC.  No one knew that was coming.  Other schools have been vocal about wanting something to happen (Oklahoma, UConn, Rutgers) and what they wanted to happen didn't happen or hasn't happened yet.  In other words, they tried quietly behind the scenes and weren't getting what they wanted so they put word on the street to try and drum up interest.

Therefore, silence or not from a particular administration has absolutely no bearing on whether something is happening or will get accomplished.  In point of fact, the schools that actually get something accomplished are usually silent before the news breaks.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,460
  • Days Won:  13

From the beginning, I have said USF is screwed and the silence from our Administration (Judy, Doug, etc) was concerning.

Funny how almost all of you are seeing things my way now. Judy and Doug should have been more proactive.

We are screwed!

I have come to figure out that we are not an attractive option to an AQ conference. Nothing Doug and Judy can do.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

You don't know we're not attractive. I've always said the SEC wasn't happening. The ACC would be a long shot. The Big 12? You never know.

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

We are screwed!

Dude, you're full of it. Sorry, but you are. Your unsubstantiated doomsaying is not necessary to propagate.

• Content Count:  17,460
  • Days Won:  13

We are screwed!

Dude, you're full of it. Sorry, but you are. Your unsubstantiated doomsaying is not necessary to propagate.

Faza do you think we are in good shape? I surely don't.

The conference environment is obviously in huge flux right now, and USF is clearly in the least stable BCS conference. But the axe has not dropped, the sky has not fallen, and while there are worst case scenarios to consider, flooding the board with statements on a bunch of threads about how we are screwed (for various reasons that have little to do with the situation anyway, even if we're going there) is repetitious, unsubstantiated, and undesirable for the rest of the fans enjoying banter in shared support of our alma mater. That's all I'm saying here.

It's like sharing a tent with a farting horse.

Get out of our USF tent, horse! Until your horrible doomsaying gas subsides!!

:deadhorse

• Content Count:  145
  • Days Won:  0

The conference environment is obviously in huge flux right now, and USF is clearly in the least stable BCS conference. But the axe has not dropped, the sky has not fallen, and while there are worst case scenarios to consider, flooding the board with statements on a bunch of threads about how we are screwed (for various reasons that have little to do with the situation anyway, even if we're going there) is repetitious, unsubstantiated, and undesirable for the rest of the fans enjoying banter in shared support of our alma mater. That's all I'm saying here.

It's like sharing a tent with a farting horse.

horsefart2.jpg

Archived