• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF/Big East Realignment Discussion Thread - Part Deaux

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I may be grasping at straws, who isn't these days. But it comforts me to an extent that Bill McGillis tweets about "conference work". At least someone in The Admin. is "talking" about conference work.

And that could mean anything.

I still am not sure why people (not speaking about you in particular) get nervous because they don't see anything being said by the administration. That doesn't mean things aren't being worked on.

I agree 100% that's why I said someone is "Talking" about conference work. I don't mean behind the scenes rather "stating" it publicly. Like a lot of things that go on in this world, I'd rather not know what's going on behind the scenes.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,020
  • Days Won:  469

Shop us around.  The smart move is to leave the BE. I hope we are working on that and not on keeping the  BE together (and watching others flee).

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  12

8.  Orangebloods.com — the Rivals site for Texas — claims that their sources have said “a deal was nearly brokered on Tuesday that would have had the nine remaining schools in the Big 12 granting their TV rights on the Tier 1 and Tier 2 level for more than six years.† However, Texas balked at restrictions that would have been placed upon the Longhorn Network.  (In other words, “Hit the bricks if you like, Mizzou, we’re not changing our network.â€)  The site also reports — with likely tippage from Texas sources — that the Big 12′s targets for expansion are BYU, TCU, Louisville and Cincinnati.

9.  Assuming that Missouri is SEC-bound and that the Big 12 will respond by raiding the Big East, won coach from that league texted ESPN.com this message last night: “the big east is finished.â€

http://www.mrsec.com/2011/10/missouri-mania-in-the-morning/

If won coach said it, it must be true! Good job, Mr. SEC!

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

8.  Orangebloods.com — the Rivals site for Texas — claims that their sources have said “a deal was nearly brokered on Tuesday that would have had the nine remaining schools in the Big 12 granting their TV rights on the Tier 1 and Tier 2 level for more than six years.† However, Texas balked at restrictions that would have been placed upon the Longhorn Network.  (In other words, “Hit the bricks if you like, Mizzou, we’re not changing our network.â€)  The site also reports — with likely tippage from Texas sources — that the Big 12′s targets for expansion are BYU, TCU, Louisville and Cincinnati.

9.  Assuming that Missouri is SEC-bound and that the Big 12 will respond by raiding the Big East, won coach from that league texted ESPN.com this message last night: “the big east is finished.â€

http://www.mrsec.com/2011/10/missouri-mania-in-the-morning/

Uhhhh Chip is the Writer for the Texas rivals site and prolly the most connected person when it comes to the UT athtletic department. 

• Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

Uhhhh Chip is the Writer for the Texas rivals site and prolly the most connected person when it comes to the UT athtletic department. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,600
  • Days Won:  424

I think you missed the sarcasm bus....  Or at least won of us did.

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

passed over for tulane would be a travesty

• Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

Per Andy Katz from ESPN, Mizzou hoping to get into SEC

This is just part of it. I did not add the whole thing b/c it is long and just wanted to look at teams they are interested.

The source said that the top choices remain BYU, Louisville, West Virginia and TCU, but a new school was discussed recently that hasn't been mentioned publicly: Tulane out of Conference USA. The source said the Big 12 has been contacted by a number of other schools about possible inclusion, as well.

The source said that Tulane would become a viable option for the Big 12 if it were to grab four schools to beef up the membership to 12, in a situation where BYU decides it doesn't want to leave its football independence or its new tie to the WCC in all other sports. Tulane is interesting to the Big 12 because of its location in New Orleans and in a state, Louisiana, where the Big 12 is absent, as well as the school's renewed commitment to sports and facilities after Hurricane Katrina.

A source with knowledge of Tulane's situation told ESPN.com that the Green Wave have privately been making overtures to the Big East and Big 12 about possible membership but didn't want to upset Conference USA as that league looks to form a partnership with the Mountain West.

Tulane is also a member of the Association of American Universities -- the only AAU member listed as a possible addition. The prestigious AAU tag is something that the SEC has looked at as an important criterion for expansion as evidenced by the league promoting Texas A&M as one of three AAU members in the SEC in a news release announcing the Aggies' addition. Florida and Vanderbilt are the other two in the SEC.

I'm pretty certain that Andy Katz has never been right about anything.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,600
  • Days Won:  424

Per Andy Katz from ESPN, Mizzou hoping to get into SEC

Missouri is already in ... unless they're imbeciles. You don't make the announcement they did without having a home ready.

• Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

Tulane over us? Really?

Archived