• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Reports swirling USF lobbying hard for Houston / against UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

BTW, I'm not a big fan of Villanova moving up, but with the addition of TCU, the Big East can afford to do that.

I'm not either, but if the league is dead set to get the Big East TV deal off the ground and needs a 10th team to do so, then Villanova is my first choice.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

As far as I'm concerned, the only reason UCF wants to join the Big East is so that they can get a free shot about USF.

Yeah, the money is nice, but they see USF as a rival, despite that we've beaten them on the field every time we've met.

Defense beats offense every time, and all they have is a QB who they say is good because he threw for 2000 yards and 13 TDs in a lesser conference. You think they're going to be able to handle the USF defense? Unlikely.

We don't see UCF as a rival. They are our kicking post.

Let them join. We'll offer them the first Big East game, just to show how outclassed they truly are.

• Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

UCF, Orlando Sentinal, sensaltionalistic journalism, proof.

One of these  are NEVER associated with the other three.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Don't fool yourself......UCF wants access to the money that BCS AQ brings. They didn't spend all that money on their athletics to make $2 million a season from CUSA football.

Sure they have annoying fans who love when they can get a shot in on USF.....but in the grand scheme of things.....this is all about money.

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

what's holding ucf back from joining the SEC or the ACC? Actually, maybe they should just go independent and get an NBC deal. Something fishy is going on and all signs have to point to usf....they should all call their congressmen

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Maybe they should not have spent money they did not have.  This would not even be an issue if they could see themselves for who they are, unfortunately with their schedule and the "appearance" of success, too many media types have bought into the hype machine driving their fans.  Nothing another winless football season can't fix!

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

And the most important thing is that who cares!  USF will act in it's best interest and if that is blocking UCF, who cares!   It just proves how pathetic UCF, whining to the press and such.  What a bunch of little girls.

Think about what you're saying.  If UCF truly had no shot or support from BE members...these articles from the press wouldn't be needed.  USF couldn't try to block something that wasn't in the way of what they wanted.  UCF has been a major target for the Big East with support from many programs.  USF wasn't able to do much, other than vote.  But there wasn't any other options, until TCU came and Houston jumped in the picture.  Genshaft shifted her attention towards Houston, as a large TV market and travel partner for TCU.  UCF got word of this and if I were UCF...I wouldn't just allow it to happen, like that.  I'd pull every angle there was possible to fight it out...even if it means bringing down the USF prez in front of Tallahassee.

USF would do the same if it were fighting to join the BCS and UCF was keeping USF out.

As I recall....last year....UCF said beyond a doubt that UsF was lobbying the Bowl committees to keep us from playing UCF in the St. Petersburg bowl.....since UCF's team was going to destroy us.

Did you guys ever find any proof of that or is that stil justl a stone cold fact that we have to take your word for?

• Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

This would not even be an issue if they could see themselves for who they are, unfortunately with their schedule and the "appearance" of success, too many media types have bought into the hype machine driving their fans.  Nothing another winless football season can't fix!

accept who we are? Good thing we don't have you as our leadership, UCF wants to improve, enrollment is exploding despite being the 2nd hardest school in the State to get into for undergrad...Leadership has invested money for athletic and academic facilities and its paying off big time, the ESPN article further explains what Dr Hitt has done at UCF....would you like an FSU fan to tell you, hey USF just accept what you were in 1995 and stop trying? typical myopic usf response

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

UCF, Orlando Sentinal, sensaltionalistic journalism, proof.

One of these  are NEVER associated with the other three.

LOVE this.  :cheers

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

This would not even be an issue if they could see themselves for who they are, unfortunately with their schedule and the "appearance" of success, too many media types have bought into the hype machine driving their fans.  Nothing another winless football season can't fix!

accept who we are? Good thing we don't have you as our leadership, UCF wants to improve, enrollment is exploding despite being the 2nd hardest school in the State to get into for undergrad...Leadership has invested money for athletic and academic facilities and its paying off big time, the ESPN article further explains what Dr Hitt has done at UCF....would you like an FSU fan to tell you, hey USF just accept what you were in 1995 and stop trying? typical myopic usf response

Well there are lots of things I want, but I may or may not be able to afford them...  Same goes for schools like UCF.  USF has much deeper pockets and is just getting to athletic improvements.  What Hitt and crew did should be illegal, and some of it may be.

Archived