• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Reports swirling USF lobbying hard for Houston / against UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,039
  • Days Won:  11

Some news for y'all....

1st...Nova's decision has no barring on #10.  There will be 10 teams in 2012 playing football in the Big East no matter what Nova does.  Will that be UCF, Houston or ECU?  Don't know.  Although ECU is really a long shot if any shot at all.  If Nova decides to move up, the Big East will worry about that withn 4-5 years when they can actually play.  Many still don't believe they'll be ready.  But it won't matter if they want to move up or not.

2nd...

Bianchi's article on USF "blocking" UCF and the positive pub and promotion ESPN has been giving UCF recently, isn't a coincidence.  There's some substance behind all of it...and for good reason.  That's all I have for now.

can you provide a link for that?

Would be a interesting link to find since that never came out of Marinatto's mouth.

Here is a portion of the November 2 press release:

PHILADELPHIA -- The BIG EAST Conference submitted the results of its extensive self-analysis and evaluation of the college athletics environment today at its annual Conference Board of Directors meeting.  Based on those results, the BIG EAST presidents agreed that the interests of each of the conference’s 16 member institutions would be served by increasing the number of Bowl Subdivision football-playing members to 10.  They unanimously approved the process to evaluate the terms and conditions for potential expansion candidates. 

I do not see where 10 teams in 2012 is mentioned

I know....just nice to see where the delusion comes from  ;D

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

And if 'Nova's decision had no bearing on things, then the Big East would have already sent an invite out to who it wanted by now.

The bottom line is that 'Nova's decision absolutely has bearing on what the Big East does.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

If Nova decides to move up, the Big East will worry about that withn 4-5 years when they can actually play. 

I just want to clarify this.....I keep seeing this number spewed from Knights' fan.......4 or 5 years. I don't know if you forgot to flip your calendars....but right now the year is 2011. Everyone has said IF Nova moves up....they would start playing in 2014....September to be exact. That would 3.5 years away. So why you Knight fans keep trying to spin that Nova won't be able to move up till the 2015 or 2016 seasons.....I am not quite sure.

Also, to further SFF's and 2000Bull's point.....for you guys going to college....you have the worst listening comprehension skills. You hear there will be 10 teams playing in the BE in 2012.....that may be true....but no one has specified that. All the BE has said is that they are expanding to 10 teams. Heck, you could even spin it.....that the BE would give Nova as an independant a full 9 game BE schedule even though they would not count as conference wins.

And if 'Nova's decision had no bearing on things, then the Big East would have already sent an invite out to who it wanted by now.

The bottom line is that 'Nova's decision absolutely has bearing on what the Big East does.

Not sure I am buying that Flip.....I mean....if the decision is to settle for UCF or UH let's say.....what would be the incentive to invite them before the June 30th Deadline? I mean as long as they are invited before that date....they could play in the BE in 2012. If that were your "fallback" plan.....you would be in no rush to pull the trigger on it.

There could be much going on behind the scenes.....in an attempt to get a currect BCS school....I am not saying any of those efforts would be fruitful....but there would be no reason in not attempting to get those schools before you invited a CUSA school.

I'd also like to see the link about all this positive pub that ESPN has given UCF lately because I sure haven't seen much.

How is the world is the word fa l l b a c k censored?!?

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

It starts with an, "F" and ends with a, "K"

you're so vulgar  ;D

Not sure I am buying that Flip.....I mean....if the decision is to settle for UCF or UH let's say.....what would be the incentive to invite them before the June 30th Deadline?

What June 30th deadline? When the Big East made this announcement they wanted an answer by December 31, 2010. TCU came in before then and Villanova said they needed more time.

I'd also like to see the link about all this positive pub that ESPN has given UCF lately because I sure haven't seen much.

it was on the front page of the espn ncaa football page:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=6054589

and then there was this one:

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/38616/george-oleary-on-ucf-success

Archived