• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Reports swirling USF lobbying hard for Houston / against UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

What did the WVU AD say?  I missed so please provide the link that the commish and or AD Luck said such a thing.

Here is the link he is referring to. Scroll down to the 5th segment and start watching at the 3 minute mark. He starts talking about BE expansion. Very insightful but not a lot of info we don't already know.

The quote in question is right at the 5 minute mark. It gives you great insight into Knight listening comprehension skills and how they totally misinterpret what he is trying to say (or at least hear what they want to hear). A minute earlier he acknowledged he is not aware of any timetable, but apparetly in Knight fans mind they( being UCF) are Team X.

It sounds like what he is saying is if team X (i.e. Notre Dame) becomes available, we will not wait on Nova, we will go forward with what is best for the BE.

http://www.wvillustrated.com/wvufootball/story/id/604

OHHHH BART.  I noticed once I provided all the evidence they seemed to crawl back into their holes collectively on this topic.  There is nothing to what they're saying.  It is obviously clear if they listen to all the information that the BE is going to wait on Nova's response by the end of April early May, and Nova is intending to get back with them.  For now, as it stands, the Big East is committed to going to 10 teams in football, and only 10 teams.  No where have they said 11 or 12, or even said "Maybe" for that matter.  At best they've said things like 'nothing is etched in stone' and 'we'll evaluate as it is necessary'.....so today the Big East now has 9 with TCU getting selected.  As far as UCF even having a shot to get in the Big East in the present situation it will require FIRST Villanova to say "NO" to the Big East offer.  Not now, not ever they will have to completely pass on the idea.  THEN, the Big East will need to decide if they will try and pursue another 10th member, THEN they will decide (assuming the idea to continue to find a 10th because the original idea was clearly bore out of the thought that the 9th and 10th members would be Nova and TCU-- now that it could change so could school's votes) who the next team they would invite.  Then, and only then will lobbying against UCF, if such an event was to ever occur, would be an endeavor that may occur.  But as for now, it' just friendly banter at best because no decision on UCF is even being considered by the Big East....

Sorry UCiF's but those are the facts.  So go pray that Nova turns it down.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

houston for tcu

mazza says bring in smu and utep also

• Content Count:  477

Dr. Khator worked at USF for over 20 years and I'm sure she and judy havea great relationship.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Bianchi is stirring the pot a little more.

Can't believe the UCF spokeperson even gave him a statement.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-bianchi-ucf-usf-big-east-20110125,0,6380055.column

• Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

I am not surprised at all...considering what he said. he said something that has little backlash...."I would hope not".

I think Judy's office pushing off comment to the BE office, looks worse than just sending back a comment that  says little, but gives a cordial response. Unless.....she could not support not blocking.  I have delt with a press a fair amount, giving them a carefully worded response is much better than saying...call the BE...at least in my opinion.

It makes for great board ammo either way.

Guest nybullsfan

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-bianchi-ucf-usf-big-east-20110125,0,6380055.column

That "article" is less informative than 99% of the posts on this board. Can I have my 5 minutes back, please?

The other day Colin Cowherd said that Mike Bianchi was one of his top 5 favorite sports journalists in the country.

Cowherd's annoying, and so is Bianchi.

If that's what passes for great journalism, no wonder nobody trusts the news anymore.

Hey Bianchi, call McMurphy - he'll give you all the inside dirt.

• Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

That "article" is less informative than 99% of the posts on this board. Can I have my 5 minutes back, please?

The other day Colin Cowherd said that Mike Bianchi was one of his top 5 favorite sports journalists in the country.

Cowherd's annoying, and so is Bianchi.

If that's what passes for great journalism, no wonder nobody trusts the news anymore.

Hey Bianchi, call McMurphy - he'll give you all the inside dirt.

I figured he got most of the information for that article from one of these boards....sounds like typical ucf speak.

get the governor involved....really?!?

• Content Count:  711

Some news for y'all....

1st...Nova's decision has no barring on #10.  There will be 10 teams in 2012 playing football in the Big East no matter what Nova does.  Will that be UCF, Houston or ECU?  Don't know.  Although ECU is really a long shot if any shot at all.  If Nova decides to move up, the Big East will worry about that withn 4-5 years when they can actually play.  Many still don't believe they'll be ready.  But it won't matter if they want to move up or not.

2nd...

Bianchi's article on USF "blocking" UCF and the positive pub and promotion ESPN has been giving UCF recently, isn't a coincidence.  There's some substance behind all of it...and for good reason.  That's all I have for now.

• Content Count:  7,037
  • Days Won:  11

Some news for y'all....

1st...Nova's decision has no barring on #10.  There will be 10 teams in 2012 playing football in the Big East no matter what Nova does.  Will that be UCF, Houston or ECU?  Don't know.  Although ECU is really a long shot if any shot at all.  If Nova decides to move up, the Big East will worry about that withn 4-5 years when they can actually play.  Many still don't believe they'll be ready.  But it won't matter if they want to move up or not.

2nd...

Bianchi's article on USF "blocking" UCF and the positive pub and promotion ESPN has been giving UCF recently, isn't a coincidence.  There's some substance behind all of it...and for good reason.  That's all I have for now.

can you provide a link for that?

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Some news for y'all....

2nd...

can you provide a link for that?

Would be a interesting link to find since that never came out of Marinatto's mouth.

Here is a portion of the November 2 press release:

PHILADELPHIA -- The BIG EAST Conference submitted the results of its extensive self-analysis and evaluation of the college athletics environment today at its annual Conference Board of Directors meeting.  Based on those results, the BIG EAST presidents agreed that the interests of each of the conference’s 16 member institutions would be served by increasing the number of Bowl Subdivision football-playing members to 10.  They unanimously approved the process to evaluate the terms and conditions for potential expansion candidates. 

I do not see where 10 teams in 2012 is mentioned

Archived