• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Reports swirling USF lobbying hard for Houston / against UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I agree with Apis. I just cannot see going beyond 12. I am against going to 12, but if MIZZOU and KU came on board, then I would have to serious reconsider my stance on that.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

I agree with Apis. I just cannot see going beyond 12. I am against going to 12, but if MIZZOU and KU came on board, then I would have to serious reconsider my stance on that.

I think that is what BBOC is saying, if those teams want to come, then it changes everything

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Yeah I am not sure about 14 either Apis. Seems pretty big but I wonder what the TV money for the basketball league would be?

A Big East with Kansas & Mizzou in Basketball would be amazing. Think about this.....if that were the case today....the Big East would have 11 of the top 28 teams in the AP Top 25 including others receiving votes #26 Cincinnati & #28 West Virginia.

To compare the Big 10 has 6 in that same grouping and the ACC would have 2.

You would have 40% of the top basketball schools in one conference.....that would have a lot of marquee matchups....how much would that be worth? I don't know but it might be enough to do it......because if you threaten ESPN to take away all that basketball programing and leave them with just the ACC and the rest.....they might as well just kiss most of their programing goodbye between January and March.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

What I'm saying is suppose we get one of 'Nova/UCF/Houston to get to ten.  Then we get KU and Mizzou.  I'd stop at 12 unless by some miracle we were able to get a large market school such as GaTech or Miami or Boston College.  Then I might consider more than 12.  Adding ISU, et al would take away more money than they brought in.

• Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

What I'm saying is suppose we get one of 'Nova/UCF/Houston to get to ten.  Then we get KU and Mizzou.  I'd stop at 12 unless by some miracle we were able to get a large market school such as GaTech or Miami or Boston College.  Then I might consider more than 12.  Adding ISU, et al would take away more money than they brought in.

the only problem I could imagine is if you take KU, you have to possibly take KSU in the package. thus if nova moves up and you get those 3, you have 13....what to do? But this may never happen, so who knows.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

the only problem I could imagine is if you take KU, you have to possibly take KSU in the package. thus if nova moves up and you get those 3, you have 13....what to do? But this may never happen, so who knows.

Correct....that is my thinking. Sure....Apis option would be like having your cake and eating it too.....if you can just take KU and Mizzou....you stop. But I have a feeling KU will not come without KSU. Another thought would be could you just get Mizzou to come alone.....they were happy to do that for the Big 10...so they thought. If so....you might be able to build an attractive enough league where someone like Maryland or Boston College would become interested.

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

And the most important thing is that who cares!  USF will act in it's best interest and if that is blocking UCF, who cares!  It just proves how pathetic UCF, whining to the press and such.  What a bunch of little girls.

• Content Count:  579
  • Days Won:  0

If UCF gets invited it means we got turned down by others.  UCF, like in all cases, is a terrible backup plan.

But think about it, fans could travel to the anus of Florida every two years.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

But think about it, fans could travel to the anus of Florida every two years.

We don't go to Gainesville again until 2015.

• Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

And the most important thing is that who cares!  USF will act in it's best interest and if that is blocking UCF, who cares!   It just proves how pathetic UCF, whining to the press and such.  What a bunch of little girls.

Think about what you're saying.  If UCF truly had no shot or support from BE members...these articles from the press wouldn't be needed.  USF couldn't try to block something that wasn't in the way of what they wanted.  UCF has been a major target for the Big East with support from many programs.  USF wasn't able to do much, other than vote.  But there wasn't any other options, until TCU came and Houston jumped in the picture.  Genshaft shifted her attention towards Houston, as a large TV market and travel partner for TCU.  UCF got word of this and if I were UCF...I wouldn't just allow it to happen, like that.  I'd pull every angle there was possible to fight it out...even if it means bringing down the USF prez in front of Tallahassee.

USF would do the same if it were fighting to join the BCS and UCF was keeping USF out.

Archived