• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Reports swirling USF lobbying hard for Houston / against UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

There is the possibility that UCF could be invited even if Houston comes on board if Nova also joins to take us to 12 teams, but I could see the Big East inviting UCF as football only in order to try to hold the conference together at 18 for all sports.  UCF has a large student body, but it exists in a very transient market that the Big East already has a presence in. 

The Big East is not present in Orlando's market.  The Orlando Sentinel doesn't even cover the BE or USF, who is only 90 miles away.  USF has as much presence in Orlando has UCF has in Tampa.  Football-only is not an option for UCF and will never accept football-only.  For those who think UCF only wants to join the Big East to have a shot at USF...just watch UCF tell the Big East a big fat "no" to a Football-only invite to a BCS football conference.  If we'd turn down football in a BCS conference...trust me...playing USF has no barring on any reason why UCF wants in the Big East.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  639

my issue is not with Houston or ECU....now I think USF fans that keep wanting to push away from an in conference geographic rivalry is a bit of a coward way of thinking, I wouldn't be as upset if one of those were added b/c at least those programs have some sort of fanbase but I do think UCF is a much better choice than Houston, there are certain factors that don't bode as well for Houston's growth long term compared w/ UCF in my opinion. And if the Nancy Pelosi twin steers everyone towards Houston somehow that obviously would upset lots of UCF fans since they suddenly became a candidate recently.

I think the fans pushing for Nova and for the Big East to stop at 10 is what makes me scratch my head, I think that would just embarrass the Big East and there is now way they'll even approach 30-40K attendance in a few years considering where that fanbase is at right now...I don't know how the Big East will spin that unless they are in fact part of a 11-12 addition.

• Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

my issue is not with Houston or ECU....now I think USF fans that keep wanting to push away from an in conference geographic rivalry is a bit of a coward way of thinking, I wouldn't be as upset if one of those were added b/c at least those programs have some sort of fanbase but I do think UCF is a much better choice than Houston, there are certain factors that don't bode as well for Houston's growth long term compared w/ UCF in my opinion. And if the Nancy Pelosi twin steers everyone towards Houston somehow that obviously would upset lots of UCF fans since they suddenly became a candidate recently.

I think the fans pushing for Nova and for the Big East to stop at 10 is what makes me scratch my head, I think that would just embarrass the Big East and there is now way they'll even approach 30-40K attendance in a few years considering where that fanbase is at right now...I don't know how the Big East will spin that unless they are in fact part of a 11-12 addition.

you just don't get it do you.....Nova already has an invite (nothing we can do about that, that's up to nova), but more would probably be happy to just stop the expansion at 9

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

now I think USF fans that keep wanting to push away from an in conference geographic rivalry is a bit of a coward way of thinking

How can you say this when we won all 4 games in the history of the series????  Seriously, do you ever think about that before you type that nonsense?  Just admit you're butthurt and get over it, although we don't need you to admit it since we already know it.  I say this for your own edification. 

• Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

As far as I'm concerned, the only reason UCF wants to join the Big East is so that they can get a free shot about USF.

Yeah, the money is nice, but they see USF as a rival, despite that we've beaten them on the field every time we've met.

Defense beats offense every time, and all they have is a QB who they say is good because he threw for 2000 yards and 13 TDs in a lesser conference. You think they're going to be able to handle the USF defense? Unlikely.

We don't see UCF as a rival. They are our kicking post.

Let them join. We'll offer them the first Big East game, just to show how outclassed they truly are.

You really think that UCF wants in the BE because we want a shot at USF??  How about the fact that the Big East is the only BCS conference looking at expansion that has UCF as a serious candidate, instead.  If UCF had a choice between the ACC or BE...do you honestly think that UCF is so hell-bent on USF that we'd choose the BE over the ACC?  Your guys are comical, sometimes.  It's all about BCS...not USF. 

Then why are you here, yakking it up on a USF BULLS board? Surely the fans of Rutgers or Pitt would be happy to have you clogging up their boards with posts about how great you'd be for the Big East?

• Content Count:  711

As far as I'm concerned, the only reason UCF wants to join the Big East is so that they can get a free shot about USF.

Yeah, the money is nice, but they see USF as a rival, despite that we've beaten them on the field every time we've met.

Defense beats offense every time, and all they have is a QB who they say is good because he threw for 2000 yards and 13 TDs in a lesser conference. You think they're going to be able to handle the USF defense? Unlikely.

Let them join. We'll offer them the first Big East game, just to show how outclassed they truly are.

You really think that UCF wants in the BE because we want a shot at USF??  How about the fact that the Big East is the only BCS conference looking at expansion that has UCF as a serious candidate, instead.  If UCF had a choice between the ACC or BE...do you honestly think that UCF is so hell-bent on USF that we'd choose the BE over the ACC?  Your guys are comical, sometimes.  It's all about BCS...not USF. 

Then why are you here, yakking it up on a USF BULLS board? Surely the fans of Rutgers or Pitt would be happy to have you clogging up their boards with posts about how great you'd be for the Big East?

Thread mentioned UCF and I used to post in the state of florida on this site board back when it was once called, "USF vs UCF".  Yes...your mod actually created a board called that, back in early/mid 2000s.  Anyway...UCF was also mentioned on this thread and I thought I'd chime in.

Regarding Nova.  I'm pretty sure no USF really wants Nova.  But they'd rather have Nova, than UCF.  Anyone but UCF (for the most part) is what it truly comes down to. 

• Content Count:  10,565

A couple of things on this:

1) The majority of fans here are not pushing for 'Nova. If you could take a poll I would say a large majority of fans here would have wanted the Big East to stop expanding once TCU said yes. Since the league wants 10 football programs then Villanova does make the most sense because they would not add another all sports program to the league.

2) No one can predict the future. You cannot say that Villanova will not be a success if they decide to move up to 1 A. With a much better revenue stream coming their way you'd have to think they could be competitive if they join around 2014 and if they use their money wisely they'll have the ability to grow their fan base.

The bottom line is we all realize this next move is based more on $$$$ from TV than on actual on field performance.

• Content Count:  10,565

But they'd rather have Nova, than UCF.  Anyone but UCF (for the most part) is what it truly comes down to. 

I'd rather have UCF before Houston or ECU

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Actually what it comes down to is what the CONFERENCE wants not just one school.  You can keep living in that fantasy land all you want but at this juncture the CONFERENCE wants Nova more than UCF, hence them having a offer and you guys not.  I find it hilarious that you guys think one of the newbies in the conference has so much pull.  You guys are just trying to justify being passed over again in case Nova takes this offer.  Preemptive rationalization if you will.  

• Content Count:  3,114

Thread mentioned UCF and I used to post in the state of florida on this site board back when it was once called, "USF vs UCF".  Yes...your mod actually created a board called that, back in early/mid 2000s.  Anyway...UCF was also mentioned on this thread and I thought I'd chime in.

Regarding Nova.  I'm pretty sure no USF really wants Nova.  But they'd rather have Nova, than UCF.  Anyone but UCF (for the most part) is what it truly comes down to. 

May I remind you that a UCF fan started the thread.

Noted on the board.

It is no longer in the mid 2000s. We see no need to let our progress be impeded by you, and believe me, we're getting along. Like I've said before, USF is building for the future.

Archived