• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Reports swirling USF lobbying hard for Houston / against UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

USF would have to seriously spend some money to upgrade all facilities.

After the Sun Dome is done next season....what is left for USF to upgrade?

The indoor practice facility that O'Leary demanded?......UF nor FSU doesn't even have one of those.

The magical On Campus Stadium? We can all dream about it but that won't be happening for a long time.

What else are they going to upgrade?

They're Design-Build projects for both Universities.  We tried to team with GC's on either or and were unsuccessful but they will have them and they will be 10x better than UCiF's oven. I don't know how much they'll get used or if they're even that beneficial to have but they are going to build them in the next year or so.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

They're Design-Build projects for both Universities.  We tried to team with GC's on either or and were unsuccessful but they will have them and they will be 10x better than UCiF's oven. I don't know how much they'll get used or if they're even that beneficial to have but they are going to build them in the next year or so.

I don't know if I am a big fan of the indoor practice facilities either.....they only reason you should be using them is when there is a Lightning storm nearby. I know that happens a couple of times prior to the season in August....but then the "temptation" to use it when it was "too hot" would be there and that is one of the few advantages Florida teams have over other teams.

I guess if you had to have one.....I would basically do a BIG Pre-engineered Metal Building.....like the one Louisville built in 2005. According to the attached link....it cost them $7.2 million to build. The only problem is we are already doing our football practice fields and there is not enough room over there to have something that big.

http://www.uoflsports.com/facilities/lou-trager-center.html

http://issuu.com/ratioarchitects/docs/ratio_athletic_facilities_web

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

UL's is the way to go not the UCF way to where you get a facility that causes the players to nickname it "The Oven". 

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

UL's is nice, but I really wonder why they'd need it. I know it's hot there in August and some snow later on in the season, but it doesn't seem like a necessary thing for them to have. That $7.2 million could have been better spent elsewhere.

Coach Holtz mentioned he'd like to have one, but the question would be where would you put it. I am not sure if you could just build over the field turf, but that wouldn't leave much room around the surrounding field and fence. I just don't see an indoor facility being one of our immediate needs.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Wasn't there supposed to be some breaking stories from the Orlando Sentinel this week on the original topic.

• Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

Wasn't there supposed to be some breaking stories from the Orlando Sentinel this week on the original topic.

yeah, they BE was waiting till after signing day so it wouldn't affect recruiting for the rest of the league...I'm sure their offer is in the mail  ::)

yeah, they BE was waiting till after signing day so it wouldn't affect recruiting for the rest of the league...I'm sure their offer is in the mail  ::)

From what I recall from most of the UCF posters.....the invite was supposed to come before national signing day because the BE wanted to give UCF as much of a recruiting advantage as they could.

;D

If UCF truly had no shot or support from BE members...these articles from the press wouldn't be needed.

Where was the original article from when you began this thread?

Don't know.  I didn't begin this thread.  Just check the orlando sentinel UCF section.  There will be more coming out this week, too.  Lots and lots more.

Wow....so we are going to see lots and lots more news coming out this afternoon about how USF is blocking UCF.

The suspense is terrible.

I hope it will last.

::)

There is no proof, none, that USF is actively campaigning to keep UCF out of the Big East.  As far as I know, this was a rumor that was picked up on by several people.  In this day and age all you need is one person to say something like this and all of a sudden it's, "there are reports that USF is trying to block UCF's inclusion..."

This whole crap about, "I saw it from multiple sources..." mean nothing.  Most of the time these, "multiple" sources all got their info from the same source.

Proof isn't the easiest to get a hold of.  Judy frightens a lot of people.  Although there are serious efforts being made to uncover proof.  If found, USF and Genshaft will be in a bit of a bind.   Last week's article is nothing compared to what'll be out this week. 

Also for emphasis. Ya got about 5 more hours Golden boy before this weeks news cycle is over and again you will be wrong.

Doh! But I guess you guys are used to that. Just like your BE invite was coming in January.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

If UCF truly had no shot or support from BE members...these articles from the press wouldn't be needed.

Where was the original article from when you began this thread?

Don't know.  I didn't begin this thread.  Just check the orlando sentinel UCF section.  There will be more coming out this week, too.  Lots and lots more.

If you're going to use that to reference the Bianchi article, then we already know that was basically an opinion piece. He did not provide one single bit of evidence to back up this rumor that apparently statred on your own message boards.

Archived