• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Reports swirling USF lobbying hard for Houston / against UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

We should play UCF every year in perpetuity. Zero reason not to.

agreed

how they dont play is amazing

90 miles apart

If geography were the reason for playing, then how come USC doesn't play SDSU every season?

not 9o miles apart

sdsu is not competitive wth

usc

usc doesnt need to fill a schedule

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  138
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not saying I want them in the big east, but to think they aren't a good addition to the schedule is crazy. How much would you have wanted to play them this season? I know I would have loved to see USF knock them down (I know there is a chance they would win) during their banner year.

You can join new conferences and try to create rivalries, but there is just good old fashioned hate for USF coming from them, and I think that deep down inside we all feel the same way.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

If geography were the reason for playing, then how come USC doesn't play SDSU every season?

not 9o miles apart

sdsu is not competitive wth

usc

usc doesnt need to fill a schedule

SDSU and USC are about 120 miles apart

UCF is not competitive with USF

UCF already has future schedules filled.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Here is how I see it...

My opinion is that the Big East, right now, is only looking to reach 10 teams in order to save itself in the event a future raid by the Big11 does not sink the conference. Thus why we got TCU (strength) and look to get Nova (scheduling & avoid a conference split).

Now this is all speculation, but if the BEast is ever raided OR if the Big East chooses to grow into a 12 team conference then UCF is sadly most likely the next team in the conference. Now that might happen 10 years down the road from now when the conferences move to make super 14 or 16 team conferences, but the threat is there.

If UCF does not get in this time, they will next time around.

• Content Count:  10,565

Now this is all speculation, but if the BEast is ever raided OR if the Big East chooses to grow into a 12 team conference then UCF is sadly most likely the next team in the conference. Now that might happen 10 years down the road from now when the conferences move to make super 14 or 16 team conferences, but the threat is there.

If UCF does not get in this time, they will next time around.

Since you're speculating; if the Big East chose to go to 12 programs, then UCF is not necessarily the next 1 or 2 to join. You don't know what may happen to the Big 12 in the next few years.

I can't see any conference going to 16 temas any time soon. The PAC 10 tried and it won't get the 4 other programs it would covet. The Big 10 won't because they certainly want ND in the mix and that isn't happening. The SEC could, but I don't see them leading the charge to increase over their current 12 members.

• Content Count:  138
  • Days Won:  0

16 is too big for football. 14 might be doable.

Sure TV money is important, but there is a ceiling, and 12 team leagues can get two BCS bids. Adding four teams just increases that competition.

• Content Count:  7,780

well I wouldn't get your hopes up UCF.  Nova is already recruiting in football like they're moving up.  They're in the top 5 for a couple of four star players, and have landed 5 top 50 kids from PA and Jersey.  Unprecendented to sign a class like that for any 1-AA team, let alone a Northeastern Catholic one unless.......................... ;) 

It looks to me like Nova is doing the same thing UCF's been doing for years...selling the notion to recruits they will be playing at a higher level soon.  The only difference is Nova can actually illustrate and prove they have a definable offer....UCF on the other hand has been selling something that has all been in their head. :D

BTW, USF can not 'lobby' against UCF....whoever says this is just reading message board drivel.  No discussions or meetings related to further expansion are occurring until after Nova provides their final verdict.  Complete and utter speculation...which is common place on UCF boards, and by the Slantinel.

Like it!

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

There is no proof, none, that USF is actively campaigning to keep UCF out of the Big East.  As far as I know, this was a rumor that was picked up on by several people.  In this day and age all you need is one person to say something like this and all of a sudden it's, "there are reports that USF is trying to block UCF's inclusion..."

This whole crap about, "I saw it from multiple sources..." mean nothing.  Most of the time these, "multiple" sources all got their info from the same source.

Proof isn't the easiest to get a hold of.  Judy frightens a lot of people.  Although there are serious efforts being made to uncover proof.  If found, USF and Genshaft will be in a bit of a bind.   Last week's article is nothing compared to what'll be out this week. 

Also for emphasis. Ya got about 5 more hours Golden boy before this weeks news cycle is over and again you will be wrong.

Doh! But I guess you guys are used to that. Just like your BE invite was coming in January.

I never heard anything about UCF being invited in January.  The article from Bianchi will probably be out this weekend or next week.  NSD stuff held it back, from what I'm told.  Or new developments.  Regardless if USF is trying to block UCF or not...USF's decision won't matter.  From what we hear is that UCF is favored by many BE schools.  USF is trying to sway those votes towards Houston, UCF got word and is doing whatever they can to slow them down.  Including possible political pressure.  The Big 12 will stay intact. 

All right Nostradamus......it's Friday again.....where is all this new information about USF blocking UCF.

Remember in case you have forgotten....."Last week's article is nothing compared to what'll be out this week.  "

So we didn't get it last week because of National Signing Day.....then you said maybe last weekend.....or maybe this week. Well you have about 5 more hours left in this weeks news cycle.

C'mon....you seriously believe if Bianchi had something that made USF look bad.....he would sit on it for OVER A WEEK?!? Do you see it now? The UCF delusion? It's ok.....the first step is admitting you have a problem. Then you can get help.

• Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

There is no proof, none, that USF is actively campaigning to keep UCF out of the Big East.  As far as I know, this was a rumor that was picked up on by several people.  In this day and age all you need is one person to say something like this and all of a sudden it's, "there are reports that USF is trying to block UCF's inclusion..."

This whole crap about, "I saw it from multiple sources..." mean nothing.  Most of the time these, "multiple" sources all got their info from the same source.

Proof isn't the easiest to get a hold of.  Judy frightens a lot of people.  Although there are serious efforts being made to uncover proof.  If found, USF and Genshaft will be in a bit of a bind.   Last week's article is nothing compared to what'll be out this week. 

Also for emphasis. Ya got about 5 more hours Golden boy before this weeks news cycle is over and again you will be wrong.

Doh! But I guess you guys are used to that. Just like your BE invite was coming in January.

I never heard anything about UCF being invited in January.  The article from Bianchi will probably be out this weekend or next week.  NSD stuff held it back, from what I'm told.  Or new developments.  Regardless if USF is trying to block UCF or not...USF's decision won't matter.  From what we hear is that UCF is favored by many BE schools.  USF is trying to sway those votes towards Houston, UCF got word and is doing whatever they can to slow them down.  Including possible political pressure.  The Big 12 will stay intact. 

All right Nostradamus......it's Friday again.....where is all this new information about USF blocking UCF.

Remember in case you have forgotten....."Last week's article is nothing compared to what'll be out this week.  "

So we didn't get it last week because of National Signing Day.....then you said maybe last weekend.....or maybe this week. Well you have about 5 more hours left in this weeks news cycle.

C'mon....you seriously believe if Bianchi had something that made USF look bad.....he would sit on it for OVER A WEEK?!? Do you see it now? The UCF delusion? It's ok.....the first step is admitting you have a problem. Then you can get help.

nice  ;D

I was actually wait for something to be said

Archived