• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Reports swirling USF lobbying hard for Houston / against UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

I don't understand why they arent in the discussion. This decision is football driven and they are the only school available that would actually help our bowl situation by giving us another school that travels to bowl games.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Still waiting for the Sentinel's proof that USF is actively trying to block UCF's entrance into the Big East.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I don't understand why they arent in the discussion. This decision is football driven and they are the only school available that would actually help our bowl situation by giving us another school that travels to bowl games.

I agree with you but it appears this decision is being dictated by television markets. It doesn't make a lot of sense from a football perspective.

But think about this, the Big Ten was seriously considering Rutgers. Why? That does not make any sense from a football perspective. But because they are in a big TV market....they are viewed more favorably.

I would also prefer ECU over UCF or Houston but any mentions out of the "inside sources" in the Big East have only seemed to mention UCF, Houston, or Temple. I think Temple is only mentioned to put more pressure on Nova. Now maybe ECU and Memphis would be in the mix but nothing has come out about them as of yet.

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Another article claiming that most in BE are supporting UCF except USF. Interesting they mention there will be League Meetings in early March and that is where a lot of expansion discussion will take place. Take it however you want.

http://middletennessee.scout.com/2/1044511.html

Here's what we know right now including some details BlueRaiderzone.com has been able to uncover.

1.) The Big East Presidents will meet in early March during the conference's basketball tournament.

2.) Membership issues are expected to be discussed during the meetings

3.) UCF appears to have fairly broad support among the schools playing FBS football (with the exception of South Florida).

4.) The basketball schools (i.e. institutions with FCS programs or no football) do not favor expansion but may not put up resistance if the league - in general - wants to move forward with an invitation.

• Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, I seriously doubt UCF would take a 2 for 1 with us. Plus...even...if they would....they would just back out of the last game like they did with West Virginia.

I don't have a problem playing them though....but in reality that was dictated by the JIM. He is gone and UCF's schedule is booked pretty solid the next few seasons. USF did have the UTEP opening.....but that was a good deal. I wouldn't trade away a 1 way UTEP game for a 1 and 1 UCF game. They are both CUSA teams. 

UTEP over UCF? Seriously? 

El Paso is not a good road trip.  Still have nightmares about the Sun Bowl game that The JIM did not prepare us for.

I would rather play another 1 to 1 game with UCF and stick it to them again in their house.

• Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

Yeah, I seriously doubt UCF would take a 2 for 1 with us. Plus...even...if they would....they would just back out of the last game like they did with West Virginia.

I don't have a problem playing them though....but in reality that was dictated by the JIM. He is gone and UCF's schedule is booked pretty solid the next few seasons. USF did have the UTEP opening.....but that was a good deal. I wouldn't trade away a 1 way UTEP game for a 1 and 1 UCF game. They are both CUSA teams. 

El Paso is not a good road trip.  Still have nightmares about the Sun Bowl game that The JIM did not prepare us for.

I would rather play another 1 to 1 game with UCF and stick it to them again in their house.

he's saying he wouldn't trade the 1 UTEP Home game for a Home & Away UCF Series...never said anything about going to UTEP

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

orlando school in big east would undermine usf and cripple program

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

We should play UCF every year in perpetuity. Zero reason not to.

agreed

how they dont play is amazing

90 miles apart

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

We should play UCF every year in perpetuity. Zero reason not to.

agreed

how they dont play is amazing

90 miles apart

If geography were the reason for playing, then how come USC doesn't play SDSU every season?

Archived