• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Reports swirling USF lobbying hard for Houston / against UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

No Goldenbuc is talking about all new information. He said this on Monday of this week and Bianchis' article came out on 1/25. I just can't wait for all this "new" information.....it's like the Monica Lewinsky dress all over again.  ;)

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

There is no proof, none, that USF is actively campaigning to keep UCF out of the Big East.  As far as I know, this was a rumor that was picked up on by several people.  In this day and age all you need is one person to say something like this and all of a sudden it's, "there are reports that USF is trying to block UCF's inclusion..."

This whole crap about, "I saw it from multiple sources..." mean nothing.  Most of the time these, "multiple" sources all got their info from the same source.

Proof isn't the easiest to get a hold of.  Judy frightens a lot of people.  Although there are serious efforts being made to uncover proof.  If found, USF and Genshaft will be in a bit of a bind.   Last week's article is nothing compared to what'll be out this week. 

Also for emphasis. Ya got about 5 more hours Golden boy before this weeks news cycle is over and again you will be wrong.

Doh! But I guess you guys are used to that. Just like your BE invite was coming in January.

I never heard anything about UCF being invited in January.  The article from Bianchi will probably be out this weekend or next week.  NSD stuff held it back, from what I'm told.  Or new developments. 

Regardless if USF is trying to block UCF or not...USF's decision won't matter.  From what we hear is that UCF is favored by many BE schools.  USF is trying to sway those votes towards Houston, UCF got word and is doing whatever they can to slow them down.  Including possible political pressure.  The Big 12 will stay intact. 

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Regardless if USF is trying to block UCF or not...USF's decision won't matter.  From what we hear is that UCF is favored by many BE schools.  USF is trying to sway those votes towards Houston, UCF got word and is doing whatever they can to slow them down.  Including possible political pressure.  The Big 12 will stay intact. 

Again, this sounds like it's all speculation and whatever article bianchi may write will not have any proof whatsoever. You guys really do buy into his kool aid sales don't you?

I really like to know how you "hear" that UCF is favored by many BE schools, when no one from the league is supposed to comment on expansion.

Guest nybullsfan

There is no proof, none, that USF is actively campaigning to keep UCF out of the Big East.  As far as I know, this was a rumor that was picked up on by several people.  In this day and age all you need is one person to say something like this and all of a sudden it's, "there are reports that USF is trying to block UCF's inclusion..."

This whole crap about, "I saw it from multiple sources..." mean nothing.  Most of the time these, "multiple" sources all got their info from the same source.

Proof isn't the easiest to get a hold of.  Judy frightens a lot of people.  Although there are serious efforts being made to uncover proof.  If found, USF and Genshaft will be in a bit of a bind.   Last week's article is nothing compared to what'll be out this week. 

Also for emphasis. Ya got about 5 more hours Golden boy before this weeks news cycle is over and again you will be wrong.

Doh! But I guess you guys are used to that. Just like your BE invite was coming in January.

I never heard anything about UCF being invited in January.  The article from Bianchi will probably be out this weekend or next week.  NSD stuff held it back, from what I'm told.  Or new developments. 

Pass me some of what you're smoking. That must be some gooooooooood ****!

If the Big East decides to go ahead and go to 12.....then Goldenbucs' scenario is possible.

Much will probably come out after Nova's BoT meeting later this month. One Nova fan told me it was on 2/21 and 2/22 so if their reports are onesided.....we could see all of this expansion stuff wrapped up.

Really....if the BE does decide to go to 12....this talk about USF and Geneshaft is pointless because all you would be arguing over is who gets invited in 2012 and who comes with Nova in 2014.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

If the Big East decides to go ahead and go to 12.....then Goldenbucs' scenario is possible.

Much will probably come out after Nova's BoT meeting later this month. One Nova fan told me it was on 2/21 and 2/22 so if their reports are onesided.....we could see all of this expansion stuff wrapped up.

Really....if the BE does decide to go to 12....this talk about USF and Geneshaft is pointless because all you would be arguing over is who gets invited in 2012 and who comes with Nova in 2014.

That's all a moot point if the Big East goes to 12 teams because UCF would be in then.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'm not sure what you expect Bianchi to come out with.  His latest article has a bunch of, "if USF..." in it.

• Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

If UCF truly had no shot or support from BE members...these articles from the press wouldn't be needed.

Where was the original article from when you began this thread?

Don't know.  I didn't begin this thread.  Just check the orlando sentinel UCF section.  There will be more coming out this week, too.  Lots and lots more.

Wow....so we are going to see lots and lots more news coming out this afternoon about how USF is blocking UCF.

The suspense is terrible.

I hope it will last.

::)

YOU -GOT- NOTHING!

GOOD DAY SIR!!!

WonkaMad.jpg

• Content Count:  1,238
  • Days Won:  0

That's all a moot point if the Big East goes to 12 teams because UCF would be in then.

I'd hold out hope that USF would be successful in talking ECU over UCF for #12.

Our best hope right now is Nova moves up and we don't add anyone else. That or the big 12 falls apart and we're able to add those 3 teams.

I'd hold out hope that USF would be successful in talking ECU over UCF for #12.

Our best hope right now is Nova moves up and we don't add anyone else. That or the big 12 falls apart and we're able to add those 3 teams.

That is accurate but I doubt ECU is in the mix. If a football only invite were in the cards....then that would help them.

The part that doesn't add up is going over 10. It was clear in the invitations to KU, Mizzou and KSU earlier when the B12 looked like it could fall apart that the BE was proactive to doing that. But had they already run the numbers on it? I have yet to see a scenario where going to 12 with what is available.....even if it were KU and Mizzou would pay for itself.

Much of this is really just speculation since we don't know who all the new TV contract bidders are. Looks like ESPN and Fox for sure.....but maybe NBC/Comcast are also coming to the table. Are they pushing for a 12 team conference?

I think something will shake out once Nova plays their hand. The only worry I have is will the league purposely make a move before Nova announces. Thus giving themselves cover to go to 12.

Archived