• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Reports swirling USF lobbying hard for Houston / against UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

If UCF truly had no shot or support from BE members...these articles from the press wouldn't be needed.

Where was the original article from when you began this thread?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  711
  • Days Won:  0

USF will act in it's best interest and if that is blocking UCF, who cares!

USF will act in only the best interest of USF.  Not the Big East and certainly not the state of Florida.  USF could care less about the Big East and whether or not the choice was between UCF and Houston, Furman, Buffalo...etc.  As long as it's not UCF....USF and Genshaft is fine.  Since USF struggles to succeed and get fans to care on their own....they have to keep others down to stay on top.  It's that simple.

But oh well...It'll turn out just fine for all of us...one way or another.  Even if UCF has to drag USF through mud to get there.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

There is no proof, none, that USF is actively campaigning to keep UCF out of the Big East.  As far as I know, this was a rumor that was picked up on by several people.  In this day and age all you need is one person to say something like this and all of a sudden it's, "there are reports that USF is trying to block UCF's inclusion..."

This whole crap about, "I saw it from multiple sources..." mean nothing.  Most of the time these, "multiple" sources all got their info from the same source.

If UCF truly had no shot or support from BE members...these articles from the press wouldn't be needed.

Where was the original article from when you began this thread?

Don't know.  I didn't begin this thread.  Just check the orlando sentinel UCF section.  There will be more coming out this week, too.  Lots and lots more.

There is no proof, none, that USF is actively campaigning to keep UCF out of the Big East.  As far as I know, this was a rumor that was picked up on by several people.  In this day and age all you need is one person to say something like this and all of a sudden it's, "there are reports that USF is trying to block UCF's inclusion..."

This whole crap about, "I saw it from multiple sources..." mean nothing.  Most of the time these, "multiple" sources all got their info from the same source.

Proof isn't the easiest to get a hold of.  Judy frightens a lot of people.  Although there are serious efforts being made to uncover proof.  If found, USF and Genshaft will be in a bit of a bind.  Last week's article is nothing compared to what'll be out this week. 

• Content Count:  151

This whole thing is silly. There are no verifiable sources for the original story. Even if Judy were to come out and say we wanted to block UCF, I would expect that anyone looking at it from an outside perspective would see it as being reasonable. Sure it might be great to have an in state rival, but it also might hurt recruiting and cause some other problems.  The safe bet is to just not have to worry about it at all and keep them out.

Personally, I don't really care either way. If they come to the Big East we'll stomp them every year just like we did all the other times we've played. Based on their track record against BCS opponents I think they'll be in for a rude awakening.

• Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

This is all so ridiculous.  One, as its already been pointed out numerous times, there is ZERO proof of any of this.  At this point, this is nothing but sensationalist journalism.   Two, even if it comes to a point (not there yet, since we're waiting on Nova) of the Big East debating additions, I see absolutely nothing wrong with Judy highlighting the benefits of Houston.  To the unbiased observer, Houston is just as a good of an option, if not better than UCF.  They bring a better football history and a larger TV market.   If the choices are equal for the conference, why would we not lobby the better option for USF (keeps another BCS Florida team out of our backyard, as well as gives us exposure in Texas to recruit every year.....a win, win for USF).  

This is all so ridiculous.  One, as its already been pointed out numerous times, there is ZERO proof of any of this.  At this point, this is nothing but sensationalist journalism.   Two, even if it comes to a point (not there yet, since we're waiting on Nova) of the Big East debating additions, I see absolutely nothing wrong with Judy highlighting the benefits of Houston.  To the unbiased observer, Houston is just as a good of an option, if not better than UCF.  They bring a better football history and a larger TV market.   If the choices are equal for the conference, why would we not lobby the better option for USF (keeps another BCS Florida team out of our backyard, as well as gives us exposure in Texas to recruit every year.....a win, win for USF).  

All points that I'm sure Genshaft and such would argue and put on the table.  In fact, probably the exact points she brings up to other presidents when they meet.  To someone within USF...you can see the point and even someone on the outside.  It's Judy's vote in their conference.  The state can't do anything about that.  But lobbying for another state's school to sway votes away from UCF and just voting for another state school are two different things.  It's like UF lobbying for Texas A&M over FSU to the SEC.  UF wouldn't have to vote for FSU....but if they had to lobby for Texas A&M within the SEC to keep FSU out...politics could play a part.  Although that scenario won't ever happen...just a comparison.

As far as proof....like I said, it won't be easy to come by.  Hopefully it won't come down to it.  USF gets 1 vote out of 16 for an all-sports invite.  If it's truly comes down to UH vs. UCF...she'll have to sway a lot of schools in favor of Houston. 

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Even if it were true, big deal!  If she thinks that UCF's inclusion is not in the best interest of USF or the Big East, then why shouldn't she lobby against it?

Personally, I think Houston and UCF would be good.  I'm not sure how many people she'd have to convince that Houston is a better choice than UCF.  It's a bigger market and has better history.  I know UCF is sexy right now (top 25 finish, beat Georgia, Jordan's son on the team), but really I would go Houston first, then UCF.

BTW, I'm not a big fan of Villanova moving up, but with the addition of TCU, the Big East can afford to do that.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

USF will act in only the best interest of USF.  Not the Big East and certainly not the state of Florida.  USF could care less about the Big East and whether or not the choice was between UCF and Houston, Furman, Buffalo...etc.  As long as it's not UCF....USF and Genshaft is fine.  Since USF struggles to succeed and get fans to care on their own....they have to keep others down to stay on top.  It's that simple.

Every single program in the conference is going act for themselves, but don't think that they won't keep the conference in mind as well.

I just find it amazing at how most of the UCF fans can say USF is blocking UCF when there has not been one bit of proof to substantiate this. If you've been following along since November (and it's becoming increasing clear that just about every UCF fan on here has not been), then you'd know that Villanova is up at the plate right now. The FACT that the league told Villanova they can extend their deadline into April to decide whether or not to move up to 1 A football means that Villanova is who the league wants and Houston/UCF/whoever else is a contingency plan right now IF the league decides to still go to 10 programs.

Archived