• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is it time to stop selling beer at USF Football games?

Should USF ban the sale of alcholo during football games at Raymond James?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  201
  • Days Won:  0

This is retarded, you can take the a$$hole out of the game but you cant eliminate the a$$hole.

If people can't hold their own and not be an ass then throw 'em out.

People tend to blow things way out of proportion. I was having fun with a group of Kansas fans chanting "Go home Dorothy!" and I had an elderly Kansas woman come up and start cussing me out. Did I start a thread complaining about fans? No mainly because we won

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

I'm sick and tired of fans of visiting teams leaving RJS with a loss, and then ******** and complaining about our fans, students, alumni, walk-ups etc...

Has anyone ever thought that visiting fans drink beer too? could they also be part of the problem....or is it only fans in Tampa that can't handle their alcohol?

I saw a good number of KU fans running their mouths on the way out of the stadium, to the point that I saw a fight break out by the elevators leading out the stadium.

Heck....everytime we have hosted WVU, their fans are liquored up, obnoxious and based on how we have handled them itiching to start trouble.

Keep that head in the sand its much cooler down there  ::)  Most of the stuff i saw was drunken idiots running up to anyone in blue and screaming expletives in their faces and in some cases some physical contact.  This is an issue whether you like it or not.  

so the 98% of us who handle their alcohol responsibly should suffer b/c a handful of idiots can't  behave?

Do you really need beer in the stadium to enjoy the game?  Is it really that important?  

My answer to your question is yes.  Your answer may be no.  Even though I, along w/ an overwhelming majority of people in the stands, can hold our alcohol, you want to push something on me that may or may not make a difference in what goes on at the games.  Sounds fair. 

• Content Count:  637
  • Days Won:  0

Just don't let anyone under 21 years old into the stadium, and don't let anyone with any sort of a criminal record in. We'd likely see a great drop in bad behavior.

And fans.

To answer the original question: No (BTW, I am older than 21 and do not drink and do attend games).

• Content Count:  21,305
  • Days Won:  10

Then they will get beer and alcohol outside, get drunk and then turn around and sneak in small amounts of booze.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

They will Riz. But it won't be like it was Friday night.

I grew up going to Gator games, where alcohol isn't served. There are always incidents, but it's usually over by the 1st Quarter.

The school I work for now is far from a major BCS school and they don't serve alcohol either. Our in stand incidents are low.

Yes people booze up in the lots, but by the end of the 1st quarter it usually is almost an hour since most have had a drink.

Yes people sneak it in, but it's not as plentiful as you'd believe.

MOST, Division IA (FBS) schools don't serve alcohol. USC pulled it from their games 3 years ago. Pitt doesn't srrve it either.Minnesota too. Miami will probably stop serving it this offseason.

If the NCAA itself gets its way, it won't even matter because alcohol will be a big no at events regardless.

I love drinking beer as much as the next guy, but when 20% of your stadium is made up of college students, you're asking for trouble.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

It is not only the young kids that get drunk and act like idiots. 

I have seen young and old- one older woman tried to start a fight with me because I wouldn't let her kid take something one of the players gave my son.

As for Heinz field, they don't sell beer during the games.  My boss is a Pitt alum and complains about it all of the timewhen she goes up for games.( She hates my office decorated in Bulls merchandise.)

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

I grew up going to Gator games, where alcohol isn't served. There are always incidents, but it's usually over by the 1st Quarter.

From Greg's blog.  Interesting...

RECORD NIGHT: Friday's game had 64 fans ejected, exceeding the previous high for a USF home game, 57, set in last year's sellout against West Virginia. The game also had nine arrests, and USF executive associate athletic director Bill McGillis said the school continues to ask all fans to follow the school's sportsmanship campaign this fall and "Be Respect-a-Bull."

"We are concerned anytime that the experience of our fans, or that of a visiting team's fans, is ruined by the behavior of others," McGillis said. "We know that the vast majority of our fans are terrific; they are there to enjoy a great environment and to cheer for the Bulls - while also being gracious to our visitors. ... Unfortunately, there are always a few too many who for whatever reason don't get it and choose to be disruptive."

For comparison, the Florida-Miami game in Gainesville had 121 ejections and 50 arrests, according to the Orlando Sentinel.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

From Greg's blog.  Interesting...

RECORD NIGHT: Friday's game had 64 fans ejected, exceeding the previous high for a USF home game, 57, set in last year's sellout against West Virginia. The game also had nine arrests, and USF executive associate athletic director Bill McGillis said the school continues to ask all fans to follow the school's sportsmanship campaign this fall and "Be Respect-a-Bull."

"We are concerned anytime that the experience of our fans, or that of a visiting team's fans, is ruined by the behavior of others," McGillis said. "We know that the vast majority of our fans are terrific; they are there to enjoy a great environment and to cheer for the Bulls - while also being gracious to our visitors. ... Unfortunately, there are always a few too many who for whatever reason don't get it and choose to be disruptive."

For comparison, the Florida-Miami game in Gainesville had 121 ejections and 50 arrests, according to the Orlando Sentinel.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/

You know Joe will blame that on the "thug" fans from UM ...  ;)

This is an interesting discussion, and was the point of posting it... personally, I come down on the side of people need to be responsible for their own behavior... so beer should still be allowed inside RayJay.

However, there needs to be a significant crackdown on underage drinking in the parking lots... TSA should refuse entry to anyone (students or not) who is obviously inebriated...

I also like the penalties for excessive behavior.  USF can get arrest and ejection reports from Raymond James and cancel the season ticket or student tickets for those who are arrested/ejected for unruly behavior towards other fans - friend or foe alike.

Finally, we probably need to review our good samaritan laws to protect those who step up.  Some have said they don't want to go to jail because they get into a fight with a drunk USF fan being belligerent to others.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

If you can't get rowdy at games without beer i really have to question how much you want to be there. 

EXACTLY.

All this stuff about people bringing flasks into the game at places where alcohol isn't sold just proves how hooked / dependent so many people are on this stuff.

Sneaking flasks into games is a college football tradition  ..... just like no chairbacks.

Archived