• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is it time to stop selling beer at USF Football games?

Should USF ban the sale of alcholo during football games at Raymond James?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  0

they need to come back to the mall lot and check for underage drinking. screw this giving you a citation for underage drinking, just arrest the person.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,574
  • Days Won:  423

No Trip. There were 90000+ people at the game, compared to 58000. A heated rivalry, compared to casual out of conference game.

Listen. I'm not against beer. I'm against beer at college sporting events.

I agree people should be responsible for their own actions, but you have to look at the demographics of the crowd

Do you REALLY need beer to watch USF football?

Only time I REALLY needed beer to watch football was going to Bucs games in the 80's ...... now, I don't drink beer inside for ANY football unless someone else is buying. Way too expensive ....

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

I think they should stop selling beers in the stadium and crackdown on underage drinking in the lots. 

1) it will save us (me) lots of money in the stadium

2) it will eliminate behavior that will go against my 90% of drunk usf student fans are idiots theory.

3) maybe usf fans will actually WATCH the game

4) maybe we wont cheer when on offense and trying to call plays at the line. 

5) it will be a football crowd and not a frat/sorority party (see pirate ship)

my remedy:

Leagalize and allow pot in tailgates and stadium.  People will sit in their seats, actually watch, eventually learn and know when to get excited.  simple

• Content Count:  1,297

I think they should stop selling beers in the stadium and crackdown on underage drinking in the lots. 

2) it will eliminate behavior that will go against my 90% of drunk usf student fans are idiots theory.

my remedy:

Leagalize and allow pot in tailgates and stadium.  People will sit in their seats, actually watch, eventually learn and know when to get excited.  simple

nacho sales will go through the roof.

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

my remedy:

nacho sales will go through the roof.

Dude, I swear to God, I wrote the same thing as you, verbatim. 

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

usfbulls2004 - it costs about 300-400 bucks to arrest and book someone. I think the government has better things to waste money on.

Trip - that's the funniest f'n thing I've read all day

• Content Count:  2,118

well i don't give two cents what it costs, if it will stop some drunk ass underage kids from being asses, then i'm for it.

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

Question: Does anyone know if these A-holes that are getting ejected are being banned from the stadium or coming to another Bulls game? If not, they should be! If not, that is half the problem!

• Content Count:  1,471

No Trip. There were 90000+ people at the game, compared to 58000. A heated rivalry, compared to casual out of conference game.

Listen. I'm not against beer. I'm against beer at college sporting events.

I agree people should be responsible for their own actions, but you have to look at the demographics of the crowd

Do you REALLY need beer to watch USF football?

That's like saying do you REALLY need a beer at a party. No you don't really need one, but that doesn't mean the option shouldn't be there. I'm worried about the way you guys think.

Sure, I wish they would legalize 'it'... the only reason I don't do it is because I'm married, have a kid on the way and the last thing i need is legal problems. I drink, hell, I work in the beverage alcohol industry, but I don't like what it does to my brain, liver or my abs. 'It' is a hell of a lot more fun and probably a little bit better for you. Would make for a pretty fun gameday environment I'm sure. However legalizing 'it' has a snowballs chance in hell, read about the prison industrial complex and think about the three strike rule. The war on drugs is big business, not meant to be won and i don't expect a truce...

Here is my point about alcohol: I drink more than my fair share, especially on game days. I never raise my voice at my wife. I've never started a fight with a stranger. I don't harrass people based on their team allegiance. I have never been kicked out a stadium. Officers or security have never needed to speak with me, and even if they did, I would still address them properly. No matter how much my judgement might be impaired, I guess I remember there is still a very clear line between what is and isn't acceptable.

Slurring your speech and missing the toilet is one thing, throwing slurs and urine at people is another. Unfortunately, those that tend to act out at these events are doing it because they want to and they need to to validate their lives, and it doesn't matter if they are sober or not, $#!+ birds will be $#!+ birds.

And for every idiot in a section, there are probably dozens of mature adults who shouldn't be penalized for someone elses behavior.

Archived