• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is it time to stop selling beer at USF Football games?

Should USF ban the sale of alcholo during football games at Raymond James?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  318
  • Days Won:  0

I could hold my liquor better and was a more responsible drinker at 18 than a huge portion of the thirty something crowd I see at our games. 

:ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO :ROFLMAO

The fact that you were drinking at 18 means you were breaking a law...which AUTOMATICALLY negates your claim of being a "responsible drinker."

I realize the underage drinking laws are laughed off by many (and probably MOST on this board), but it's still the law....and one you can get into some pretty big trouble for breaking.

Actually when I turned 18 it was perfectly legal for me to drink.  Of course that was many moons ago. 

Responsibility does not come with age.  My 15 year old is a hell of a lot more responsible than my 24 year old nephew.  Automatically blaming beer, students, rivalaries, or the phase of the moon is just making excuses.  We all know how to treat people properly, we just have to be man (or woman) enough to act like civilized adults.  Attending a football game is no reason not to like a horse's @$$.  If you take away the beer, you'll still have the idiots who will throw cokes or popcorn or something else.  You'll just have to blame something else.  Besides, there is a reason that flask sales are so large in some college towns.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I think they should stop selling beers in the stadium and crackdown on underage drinking in the lots. 

1) it will save us (me) lots of money in the stadium

2) it will eliminate behavior that will go against my 90% of drunk usf student fans are idiots theory.

3) maybe usf fans will actually WATCH the game

4) maybe we wont cheer when on offense and trying to call plays at the line.   

5) it will be a football crowd and not a frat/sorority party (see pirate ship)

my remedy:

Leagalize and allow pot in tailgates and stadium.  People will sit in their seats, actually watch, eventually learn and know when to get excited.  simple

nacho sales will go through the roof.

Ben ROFLzberger!!!!!

• Content Count:  1,261

I'm 17. Me and a friend scored some booze from a random older chick..twice(ZOMG ARREST ME), even though just prior I managed to set a record for rejections. Drinking 'age' is the biggest joke in the entire history of mankind. Anyways, we split both of them and managed to maintain semi-sobriety.

However, my old man insisted on being our chauffeur for the night; so suffice to say it was a very quiet ride back to St. Pete, if you can relate.

• Content Count:  959

Yes if start serving liquor insted

• Content Count:  4

They don't serve beer at the UCF stadium and received plenty of bad treatment.  I was cursed non-stop going into that game, it was an F-bomb a minute going in.  It didn't bother me at all, my 67 year old father and I walked through campus and I was just happy nobody came at us. 

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

1. I bet the drunken morons at USF games are made up of mostly students who will never actually finish school, and fans who never even went to college. To the post I saw about six pages back, "educated" fans (read: alumni) don't seem to need beer to enjoy the game and they almost never cross the line.

2. This problem may take care of itself over time, especially if the stadium is filled up with season ticket holders and it becomes really hard to get tickets.

3. Bust some heads in the parking lots before the game on a regular basis, and word of mouth will spread really fast. I'd even be satisfied if less students showed up to the games because they know they won't have their 3-4 hours of undisturbed hardcore drinking.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Way to act old Jamie.

Thanks, it's what I do best.  ;D

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I love beer and will now have one to get pumped for FIU! I love beer! I love beer!

I wish I had Special Ed on here screaming "I Love Beer!" over and over!

Kegs in the mall parking lot are awesome! The more kegs, the merrier! I've had some really good experiences in that parking lot and would never change it (except the one time the You See Effer sucker punched me - I would have hit his a$$ if I had known which idiot it was).

More kegs = more fun!

• Content Count:  2,719

More kegs = more fun!

Don't be surprised if that comes to an end soon.

Archived