• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is it time to stop selling beer at USF Football games?

Should USF ban the sale of alcholo during football games at Raymond James?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

No Trip. There were 90000+ people at the game, compared to 58000. A heated rivalry, compared to casual out of conference game.

Listen. I'm not against beer. I'm against beer at college sporting events.

I agree people should be responsible for their own actions, but you have to look at the demographics of the crowd

Do you REALLY need beer to watch USF football?

That's like saying do you REALLY need a beer at a party. No you don't really need one, but that doesn't mean the option shouldn't be there. I'm worried about the way you guys think.

Yes I really need beer to watch a football game.  You got a problem with that - then its your problem - try not to pass moral judgement on me and I won't pass it on you.

I was waiting 7 pages of posts for the "pot" comment.  Now that would would sure make for a mellow crowd - plus watching the crowd leave the game and go -Dude Wheres my car ?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

The number of posts and stories we're hearing about bad USF fans has made me think there needs to be a discussion about how much of this is alcohol related.

To be sure, it's hard to control things that happen before the game... but it may be time to at least entertain the thought of not selling beer at USF football games, along with a significant increase in patrols and arrests for underage drinking.

Thoughts?

It's not accohol related...  It's ******* related.    Booze is just an amplifier of the inner douchebag.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

In general seating yes...ban alcohol.

In private suites/boxes/clubs, no.

Remember, USF doesn't receive one dime from beer sales...but USF has to suffer any and all the consequences (bad fan behavior) for those that abuse it.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

I'm not a drinker and fail to comprehend why educated ppl feel the need to get sh**faced in order to enjoy a football game. I've seen too much loser bush league behavior from our fans..and 9 times out of 10 the individuals involved reek of beer. That being said, these are adults we're talking about...and there is alot of money being made from alcohol at RayJay...so I am doubtful the taps will stop flowing anytime soon...so why prolong the discussion. For the community good, as was said before...there should at least be more enforcement of existing underage drinking laws around the stadium...as well as steps taken to curb DUI's after the game.

If/When an OCS comes...there will be no alcohol sales at the stadium per NCAA rules... (and frankly I personally couldn't be happier)

There is no rule. The conferences make the decisions The BE allows the sale of bear in OCS. See Louisville .

U of L Alcohol Policy

Kentucky law prohibits public intoxication, possession of alcoholic beverages by those under the age of 21, and unauthorized distribution of alcohol on any licensed premises. Unless dispensed by authorized caterers, possession of alcoholic beverages at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium is prohibited by law and subject to legal enforcement. The sale of alcoholic beverages will be discontinued in Papa John's Cardinal Stadium at the end of the third quarter. A limit of two (2) alcoholic beverages may be purchased at a time. In Papa John's Cardinal Stadium, Sections 109 and 209 up to rows LL are alcohol free. Consuming alcoholic beverages is prohibited in these sections.

The U of L Athletic Association reserves the right to revoke the ticket privileges and/or expel from the premises anyone whose conduct is deemed objectionable, dangerous, or deprives other fans from their enjoyment of the game. Please be responsible. Thank you for your cooperation.

http://uoflsports.cstv.com/genrel/090100aab.html#Alcohol%20Policy

FYI... Papa Johns Stadium is NOT on UL's campus/property.

Yeah...its pretty darn close to it...but its technically "off-campus". (Not that it matters anyway).

Remember, USF doesn't receive one dime from beer sales...but USF has to suffer any and all the consequences (bad fan behavior) for those that abuse it.

I mean, I still don't agree with the overall take it all away opinion, but this is the best argument to take it away in my opinion.

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

I mean, I still don't agree with the overall take it all away opinion, but this is the best argument to take it away in my opinion.

And it could also be the biggest reason that it stays.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,577
  • Days Won:  423

The number of posts and stories we're hearing about bad USF fans has made me think there needs to be a discussion about how much of this is alcohol related.

To be sure, it's hard to control things that happen before the game... but it may be time to at least entertain the thought of not selling beer at USF football games, along with a significant increase in patrols and arrests for underage drinking.

Thoughts?

It's not alcohol related...  It's ******* related.    Booze is just an amplifier of the inner douchebag.

Those are words of wisdom right there ..... but I'm not sure how we can, technically, ban ******** going to the game.... without some serious profiling going on.

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Not to change the subject or to be too rude, but WTF is Knight_Flight doing still posting here?  Have you already been banned at our opponents sites?  Did you run out of "bad calls" to complain about on Brandon's good time emporium?  It's time to move on.

• Content Count:  4,738

banning beer will do nothing.

only thing worse than a drunk ******* is an ******* with a hangover from drinking so much in the parking lot

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I love the holier-than-thou attitude that some of you seem to take toward younger students.  Whenever there's a problem, it's the students.  Or the under-21 crowd.  I have been to plenty of sporting events, and the idea that only young people act irresponsibly is a joke.

I could hold my liquor better and was a more responsible drinker at 18 than a huge portion of the thirty something crowd I see at our games.  It's not underage drinking that is the problem at our games, it is the drinking to excess and lack of personal responsibility of all ages.

Archived