• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is it time to stop selling beer at USF Football games?

Should USF ban the sale of alcholo during football games at Raymond James?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

All you have to do is look at how UCF students act in orlando to know alcohol sales during the game isn't the problem... it is alcohol in general.  If it isn't sold during, people get s***faced before (and sneak more in) anyway and that makes them even worse.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,387

I'm sick and tired of fans of visiting teams leaving RJS with a loss, and then ******** and complaining about our fans, students, alumni, walk-ups etc...

Has anyone ever thought that visiting fans drink beer too? could they also be part of the problem....or is it only fans in Tampa that can't handle their alcohol?

I saw a good number of KU fans running their mouths on the way out of the stadium, to the point that I saw a fight break out by the elevators leading out the stadium.

Heck....everytime we have hosted WVU, their fans are liquored up, obnoxious and based on how we have handled them itiching to start trouble.

Keep that head in the sand its much cooler down there  ::)  Most of the stuff i saw was drunken idiots running up to anyone in blue and screaming expletives in their faces and in some cases some physical contact.  This is an issue whether you like it or not.  

so the 98% of us who handle their alcohol responsibly should suffer b/c a handful of idiots can't  behave?

Do you really need beer in the stadium to enjoy the game?  Is it really that important?  

No, I don't need beer in the stadium to enjoy the game. But getting rid of it isn't going to fix the problem!! I honestly could careless if they continue or stop selling beer, but it won't address the bad apples!!

• Content Count:  823
  • Days Won:  0

Rutgers does not sell beer, but their fans are the biggest A-Holes in the Big East!

I know for a fact Pitt does not sell alcohol, but you would have to try hard not to find a flask in that place.

The point I am making is, people need to be responsible for their own actions. Bottom line. Beer or no beer.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

All you have to do is look at how UCF students act in orlando to know alcohol sales during the game isn't the problem... it is alcohol in general.  If it isn't sold during, people get s***faced before (and sneak more in) anyway and that makes them even worse.

Yeah, your right.  The only way would be eliminating alcohol on the premicise(sp?), which i'm not sure is legal.

• Content Count:  2,657

I'm sick and tired of fans of visiting teams leaving RJS with a loss, and then ******** and complaining about our fans, students, alumni, walk-ups etc...

Has anyone ever thought that visiting fans drink beer too? could they also be part of the problem....or is it only fans in Tampa that can't handle their alcohol?

I saw a good number of KU fans running their mouths on the way out of the stadium, to the point that I saw a fight break out by the elevators leading out the stadium.

Heck....everytime we have hosted WVU, their fans are liquored up, obnoxious and based on how we have handled them itiching to start trouble.

Keep that head in the sand its much cooler down there  ::)  Most of the stuff i saw was drunken idiots running up to anyone in blue and screaming expletives in their faces and in some cases some physical contact.  This is an issue whether you like it or not.  

so the 98% of us who handle their alcohol responsibly should suffer b/c a handful of idiots can't  behave?

Do you really need beer in the stadium to enjoy the game?  Is it really that important?  

Personally, I don't like to drink during games b/c it takes away from watching the game. However, there are thousands that do enjoy a couple of beers and don't act like jerks? Why punish them?

However, my main point is that we need to take reports from visting fans with a grain of salt sometimes. To read some of these fanbases, they are more pious than St Thomas, St Aquinas and Joan of Arc....combined.

IMO, the solution is simple: spend a few extra bucks to patrol visiting fan sections and make sure they keep it clean.....for both fanbases. I still remember a game back in the early days against NEw Haven, where one of their fans caused a mini riot by pouring beer all over a smack talking rough rider.

• Content Count:  2,657

Rutgers does not sell beer, but their fans are the biggest A-Holes in the Big East!

I know for a fact Pitt does not sell alcohol, but you would have to try hard not to find a flask in that place.

The point I am making is, people need to be responsible for their own actions. Bottom line. Beer or no beer.

great point Mike!

• Content Count:  7,890

you are correct about RU but PITT does sell alcohol

http://pittsburghpanthers.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/pitt/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/heinz-fan-guide

A L C O H O L

Guests of Heinz Field must be 21 years or older to purchase/consume

alcoholic beverages. ARAMARK reserves the right to check proof of

legal drinking age. There is a maximum of two (2) beers per purchase

at all concession stands. All alcohol sales in the seating bowl will be

discontinued at the end of the third quarter. ARAMARK has the right

to discontinue the sale of alcohol at anytime during an event.

• Content Count:  823

you are correct about RU but PITT does sell alcohol

http://pittsburghpanthers.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/pitt/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/heinz-fan-guide

A L C O H O L

Guests of Heinz Field must be 21 years or older to purchase/consume

alcoholic beverages. ARAMARK reserves the right to check proof of

legal drinking age. There is a maximum of two (2) beers per purchase

at all concession stands. All alcohol sales in the seating bowl will be

discontinued at the end of the third quarter. ARAMARK has the right

to discontinue the sale of alcohol at anytime during an event.

I was just talking from experience. I have been there twice and not a drop to be found. Trust me I have looked. lol.

They sell IC on the walk up to the stadium but none in Heinz for the game. At least the last 2 trips USF has made there.

• Content Count:  571

along with a significant increase in patrols and arrests for underage drinking.

Thoughts?

a sober student section?

GREAT idea i mean its not like we provide the majority of the electricity and crowd momentum during the game.

I couldn't yell for 3 hours straight without the aid of 10 beers.

get off your moral soapbox, tailgating and football go hand in hand.

this is south florida not BYU.

• Content Count:  339

They should ban beer in every stadium in america.  I bet there'd never be another fight or argument at a sporting event again:)

(Sarcasm)  

This is a "simple minded" idea: to stop selling beer in the stadium because alcohol is related to all the altercations taking place during and after the game.

Archived