• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is it time to stop selling beer at USF Football games?

Should USF ban the sale of alcholo during football games at Raymond James?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I think there should be a HUGE crackdown on underage drinking in all of the lots.  Most of the problems i have seen in my time at USF games (bull on bull or bull on visitor) have been from students and usually the ones that you can tell are still new to drinking and staying in control while doing so. I also would be in favor of no beer at the games because it would help regulate peoples intake a bit more and the vendors sell to anyone as long as they aren't falling down at the counter.  As for people trying to sneak booze in i say it's zero tolerance you get caught with a flask or whatever you use to sneak it in your ejected no questions asked.  I think this would help limit the amount of people that would sneak stuff in to games if they knew their ticket was basically at risk for doing so.   I also thing there should be extra ushers and police officers at the visitors sections making sure trouble makers can't go and just look to stir stuff up.    

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

Absolutely not! Why should the actions of others affect whether or not I can enjoy a football game and have a couple of beers and not be an a$$h*!e in the process?! It is the alcohol they consume before the game not at the game that is the problem!

Absolutely not! Why should the actions of others affect whether or not I can enjoy a football game and have a couple of beers and not be an a$$h*!e in the process?! It is the alcohol they consume before the game not at the game that is the problem!

Bad apples spoil the bunch all the time in society this is not a new thing. 

• Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

I think a few extra cops/ushers on the job patrolling the visitor's section would be cheaper in the long run than eliminating beer sales altogether.  Maybe refocus some of the ushers on watching for this behavior as opposed to looking for people standing up for crying out loud.  Also, is it up to USF to make this decision?  Do the Glazers get all of the revenues for beer sales, and if so, would they allow beer sales to be cut off?  Would it affect attendance negatively?  Let's not ruin this for the people that drink responsibly (or at least don't act like a-holes when they're drunk).  

Also, have the cops been reporting an increased number of arrests/incidents from previous years, adjusted for the increase in attendance?  And, not to say that the visiting fans that have been posting here are lying by any means, but do we know that these aren't UCF'ers posing as visiting fans?  Not like they haven't done it before.........just sayin.

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

I say yes but only after they first try increasing the staff in the 300 section for the most part its the drunken mostly none season ticket holders that are giving us a bad name. I could really care less I have drive home so have a few at the tailgate and get one inside the stadium and then its diet coke and water for me.

• Content Count:  149

The actions of a few shouldn't ruin it for everyone.  Last time I checked you have to be an adult to buy beer.  If someone can't control themselves and act like an adult, kick 'em out.  Drinking lemonade at UCF sucked!  And not having beer at the game didn't stop any fights or fans acting like A-holes.  I think that one of the great benefits to our stadium is were not treated like kids.  

• Content Count:  1,981

Not having a couple of beers is not going to kill you. But those extra beers can make a huge difference for those that have to put up with the freaking d-bags that can't hold their liquor. If my two beer sacrifice means that a lot more people are going to be able to enjoy the game without having an a-hole screaming crap over their shoulders the whole night, or instigating fights, then so be it. Most of the alcohol is consumed before the game but by the second half people should start sobering up. They can always sneak in alcohol but not everyone is that desperate. Maybe this can be implemented for a year, and see how things go.

I think a few extra cops/ushers on the job patrolling the visitor's section would be cheaper in the long run than eliminating beer sales altogether.  Maybe refocus some of the ushers on watching for this behavior as opposed to looking for people standing up for crying out loud.  Also, is it up to USF to make this decision?  Do the Glazers get all of the revenues for beer sales, and if so, would they allow beer sales to be cut off?  Would it affect attendance negatively?  Let's not ruin this for the people that drink responsibly (or at least don't act like a-holes when they're drunk).  

Also, have the cops been reporting an increased number of arrests/incidents from previous years, adjusted for the increase in attendance?  And, not to say that the visiting fans that have been posting here are lying by any means, but do we know that these aren't UCF'ers posing as visiting fans?  Not like they haven't done it before.........just sayin.

You maybe would have a point about the UCF impostors if there wasn't a 3 page thread about the bad treatment on KU's scout board. 

Not having a couple of beers is not going to kill you. But those extra beers can make a huge difference for those that have to put up with the freaking d-bags that can't hold their liquor. If my two beer sacrifice means that a lot more people are going to be able to enjoy the game without having an a-hole screaming crap over their shoulders the whole night, or instigating fights, then so be it. Most of the alcohol is consumed before the game but by the second half people should start sobering up. They can always sneak in alcohol but not everyone is that desperate. Maybe this can be implemented for a year, and see how things go.

Amen brother, some people are selfish though. 

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I say yes.  Plenty of people have a few beers tailgating before the game and a few after.  

In larger on campus stadiums they do not sell beer and still manage to fill the stadium.  

Archived