• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is it time to stop selling beer at USF Football games?

Should USF ban the sale of alcholo during football games at Raymond James?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

do beer sales lead to fights at the SunDome for bball games?

No beer is what keeps us all from going nuts from watching bad basketball but that will change soon because CSH is going to turn this thing around.

D@MN Indian burial ground   ;)

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,260

I'm not a drinker and fail to comprehend why educated ppl feel the need to get sh**faced in order to enjoy a football game. I've seen too much loser bush league behavior from our fans..and 9 times out of 10 the individuals involved reek of beer. That being said, these are adults we're talking about...and there is alot of money being made from alcohol at RayJay...so I am doubtful the taps will stop flowing anytime soon...so why prolong the discussion. For the community good, as was said before...there should at least be more enforcement of existing underage drinking laws around the stadium...as well as steps taken to curb DUI's after the game.

If/When an OCS comes...there will be no alcohol sales at the stadium per NCAA rules... (and frankly I personally couldn't be happier)

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

I'm sick and tired of fans of visiting teams leaving RJS with a loss, and then ******** and complaining about our fans, students, alumni, walk-ups etc...

Has anyone ever thought that visiting fans drink beer too? could they also be part of the problem....or is it only fans in Tampa that can't handle their alcohol?

I saw a good number of KU fans running their mouths on the way out of the stadium, to the point that I saw a fight break out by the elevators leading out the stadium.

Heck....everytime we have hosted WVU, their fans are liquored up, obnoxious and based on how we have handled them itiching to start trouble.

Keep that head in the sand its much cooler down there  ::)  Most of the stuff i saw was drunken idiots running up to anyone in blue and screaming expletives in their faces and in some cases some physical contact.  This is an issue whether you like it or not.  

so the 98% of us who handle their alcohol responsibly should suffer b/c a handful of idiots can't  behave?

We have to remember the problems we have heard about are not in the 100 and 200 sections (where most here sit) but in the 300 section  ??? where you have a lot of new bull fans, drunken students who had to buy a ticket, and some people that are looking to get drunk at the game at a cheep price.

I know I'm going to take some heat for this but it sounds like a cheaper the ticket the worse the fan. I donate a lot of money for the privilege of being a season ticket holder and wouldn’t want my tickets revoked because of getting to drunk and acting like an ass but someone who pays 10 bucks for a ticket and has no or little ties to USF has nothing to lose by being an a-hole.

I have also read alot about stuff happening while fans are walking to or from the game! How do you know these people are sitting in the 300 section?!

I don’t but for the most the problems are happening in the 300 section during the game. You are always going to have some drunken @sshole hell I even was yelled at on my way to the car during the Auburn game but I am talking about the problems in the stands. When I walk out of another teams stadium I know I'm going to get some looks and the F-U USF or you suck  that is to be expected but having people start with you in the stands that gone a little to far. This is the reason why I didn’t go to the UCF game and I think other teams are going to say the same about us now.

I agree that is to be expected for any team's visiting fans no matter where you go, but not getting in the face of little kids and saying this stuff which some of our fans are being accussed of on their site!

I think you are getting me wrong anything other than a good rip or a you suck is not called for in or out of the stadium.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Exactly...  I agree with Cyberbull..

Because 0.5% of the attendees get drunk and stupid, I cannot get a beer.  Give me a fricken break.

USF needs to step up education efforts and the TSA needs to step up patrols of underage drinkers, and get rid of beligerant (sp?) fans.  Don't punish those of us who contribute to athletics and enjoy some beers with the game.  

There is no need to punish 99.5% of the fan base for a few idiots.  Patrol and get rid of the idiots.  Ban the morons from the stadium...

• Content Count:  66

I think they should start selling beer at Ray Jay. How about a Sam Adams Oktoberfest, or hell, that new Budweiser American Ale?

The true drunks that are causing problems are bringing their own liquor and/or getting ********** before the game. None of the problem drinkers are getting laced on 10 dollar beers.

--Joey

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I'm sick and tired of fans of visiting teams leaving RJS with a loss, and then ******** and complaining about our fans, students, alumni, walk-ups etc...

Has anyone ever thought that visiting fans drink beer too? could they also be part of the problem....or is it only fans in Tampa that can't handle their alcohol?

I saw a good number of KU fans running their mouths on the way out of the stadium, to the point that I saw a fight break out by the elevators leading out the stadium.

Heck....everytime we have hosted WVU, their fans are liquored up, obnoxious and based on how we have handled them itiching to start trouble.

Keep that head in the sand its much cooler down there  ::)  Most of the stuff i saw was drunken idiots running up to anyone in blue and screaming expletives in their faces and in some cases some physical contact.  This is an issue whether you like it or not.  

so the 98% of us who handle their alcohol responsibly should suffer b/c a handful of idiots can't  behave?

Do you really need beer in the stadium to enjoy the game?  Is it really that important?  

I'm not a drinker and fail to comprehend why educated ppl feel the need to get sh**faced in order to enjoy a football game. I've seen too much loser bush league behavior from our fans..and 9 times out of 10 the individuals involved reek of beer. That being said, these are adults we're talking about...and there is alot of money being made from alcohol at RayJay...so I am doubtful the taps will stop flowing anytime soon...so why prolong the discussion. For the community good, as was said before...there should at least be more enforcement of existing underage drinking laws around the stadium...as well as steps taken to curb DUI's after the game.

If/When an OCS comes...there will be no alcohol sales at the stadium per NCAA rules... (and frankly I personally couldn't be happier)

There is no rule. The conferences make the decisions The BE allows the sale of bear in OCS. See Louisville .

U of L Alcohol Policy

Kentucky law prohibits public intoxication, possession of alcoholic beverages by those under the age of 21, and unauthorized distribution of alcohol on any licensed premises. Unless dispensed by authorized caterers, possession of alcoholic beverages at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium is prohibited by law and subject to legal enforcement. The sale of alcoholic beverages will be discontinued in Papa John's Cardinal Stadium at the end of the third quarter. A limit of two (2) alcoholic beverages may be purchased at a time. In Papa John's Cardinal Stadium, Sections 109 and 209 up to rows LL are alcohol free. Consuming alcoholic beverages is prohibited in these sections.

The U of L Athletic Association reserves the right to revoke the ticket privileges and/or expel from the premises anyone whose conduct is deemed objectionable, dangerous, or deprives other fans from their enjoyment of the game. Please be responsible. Thank you for your cooperation.

http://uoflsports.cstv.com/genrel/090100aab.html#Alcohol%20Policy

• Content Count:  1,290

There is no way to stop selling beer.  My resolution for them would be.... the game starts at noon!

I love evening game!! I don't mind the problem we are having now since the world is much more screwed up anyway.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I would prefer no alcohol at games.  But non of my parents drink when they go.  I think it c ould help reduce the amount of drunks, but idk how much.  Alcohol will still be consumed at tailgating.

But if had a vote, i would say no alcohol.

Archived