• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is it time to stop selling beer at USF Football games?

Should USF ban the sale of alcholo during football games at Raymond James?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Beer only for season ticket holders. You have to show your ticket.

Hey, we're looking for ways to increase season ticket sales right?  :D

I personally wouldn't care. I try to tailgate and get all of my drinking in pre-game so that I can be ready to make the trip back to Orlando after the game. I can only think of like 2 games that I have had a beer. I could live without it.

Do they check IDs at the stadium for students?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Hell Yes!  The number of ******** increases with each win!

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

I say yes.  Plenty of people have a few beers tailgating before the game and a few after.  

In larger on campus stadiums they do not sell beer and still manage to fill the stadium.  

They also have those same a$$h*!es! You can't eliminate them, just reduce their numbers!

• Content Count:  478
  • Days Won:  0

no. people need to be responsible.  but they should do checkpoints for DUIs. More people would carpool and get a DD that way.  at the ucf game last year i saw a drunk usf fan curse out a a whole ucf family - then got in  the car with his wife/girlfriend and drive away and the dude could barely walk. and he was in his 40s - so it wasnt some drunk underage kid. he could have killed someone that day.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Yes....ban it yesterday.

I know people like to drink it, but that does not justify the sale thereof.

In all the football games I've been to (dozens and dozens and dozens), I've only known alcohol to contribute NEGATIVELY to the atmosphere.

The best example was at a USF home game six seasons ago when a VERY drunk guy LITERALLY started beating his wife two rows behind us.  I had to go get the cops.

Stuff is poison.

• Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

Don't some pro stadiums have family sections?  Maybe they could have that for people that don't want to be around the drunks.  I spent the past 3 years in the student section where a LOT of beer is consumed.  It didn't seem that bad there.  I just moved to the south side of the stadium this season, but I've never seen anything that would make me think everyone should be banned from drinking.  Must be a lot worse in other sections   ???

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I say yes.  Plenty of people have a few beers tailgating before the game and a few after.  

In larger on campus stadiums they do not sell beer and still manage to fill the stadium.  

They also have those same a$$h*!es! You can't eliminate them, just reduce their numbers!

Considering many people are instant ******** just add alcohol i think you just supported the ban without knowing it.  Very few people get cooler with a few to many beers in them.  Also to the person asking about students getting IDed for beer the answer is only yes if you look like you're 12.  I still have a baby face so i always get carded but rarely are other young people in line getting carded. 

why not, give people even MORE reasons to binge drink before heading in?

Prohibition is what made people so excessive about it. If it wasn't taboo....

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Don't some pro stadiums have family sections?  Maybe they could have that for people that don't want to be around the drunks.  I spent the past 3 years in the student section where a LOT of beer is consumed.  It didn't seem that bad there.  I just moved to the south side of the stadium this season, but I've never seen anything that would make me think everyone should be banned from drinking.  Must be a lot worse in other sections   ???

You won't see a lot of bad things in the south endzone because its 98% USF fans.  The problems are when there are large sections of visiting fans or on the way out of the stadium.  Most of the stuff i saw on Friday was either on the stairwell on the way down or just outside the gates of ray jay on the way to my parties car.  

• Content Count:  6,811
  • Days Won:  22

Maybe they should stop selling it after third quarter. I also think having more security around the visiting section would be smart. Or having the section next to the visitors be a family section.

Archived