• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let's just enjoy the ride.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Bull94 said:

funny but our biggest crowd in our basketball history came in the wasteland that is the aac against a conference opponent

oh and the crowd was 90% usf fans.

seems to me you were scrambling to get a ticket

The duality of man

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The duality of man

WTP?

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

FSU and Auburn aren’t among your favorite memories? Miami? ND? Clemson? WVU and Louisville are definitely among my favorites but I don’t see any of those hanging around here.

So were we in the ACC or SEC when we beat FSU and Auburn?  If it comes down to the P2 not playing any out of conference games your argument is better. But we obviously have the chance to beat those teams as long as we can schedule them. 

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

So were we in the ACC or SEC when we beat FSU and Auburn?  If it comes down to the P2 not playing any out of conference games your argument is better. But we obviously have the chance to beat those teams as long as we can schedule them. 

They said “My favorite memories as a USF fan are those where our teams have won at the level they were at.” Most of my favorite wins are against people above us where we shook the world and got coaches fired for such a travesty. Truth be told if we were in the SEC it wouldn’t take long for me to wonder why we are limiting ourselves to the college level.

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

They said “My favorite memories as a USF fan are those where our teams have won at the level they were at.” Most of my favorite wins are against people above us where we shook the world and got coaches fired for such a travesty. Truth be told if we were in the SEC it wouldn’t take long for me to wonder why we are limiting ourselves to the college level.

So if we were in a higher conference now, you couldn't possibly be as happy as you'd be if we beat Alabama from the AAC next year. So why do you keep wanting to be in a better conference?

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

So if we were in a higher conference now, you couldn't possibly be as happy as you'd be if we beat Alabama from the AAC next year. So why do you keep wanting to be in a better conference?

Greater opportunities, exposure and resources. Being David and beating Goliath is absolutely the best. But most of the time you won’t even get Goliath’s attention, if you do there is no way you are getting him to show up and if you try to beat him with a rock he is just going to blow your head off with a .50 cal.

Much like the little mermaid  I want to be where the people are and no one I’ve ever met irl gives a **** about this under the sea athletics league even with a passing interest.

No one can tell me that the aac experience now hits the same way that our BEAST experience did and it has as much to do with being in the aac as it does with winning.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Bull94 said:

I think you'll find in the not so distant future that being in the aac will benefit us in reaching the football playoffs as well as the ncaa tournament.

Just as it did UCF.

Those wishing for a "better" conference would be good to realize that the step up in competition will result in more losses and less success nationally.

Sure maybe the bank account improves but at the expense of fan experience.  Just look at all the others before us.

FAU made a run to the final four playing in c-usa. They are finding out that the aac wasteland isn't exactly a cakewalk.

YESSSS!! I said this in another post a while back. We may not like being in the AAC; but, it is where we need to be. It is the perfect situation for us to grow and learn how to win. Build the culture we should have and then move up if need be. We play who is in front of us, we beat who we play, period!! As we win, we will convert students into fans and a committed alumni base. That in return, sows the investment of the future on and off the field. We could be in the B12 right now getting slaughtered and nobody would care. We didn’t sell out games when we were playing and losing to Georgetown, Syracuse and Villanova; but if we are competing for conference championships (even the AAC), fans will show up. I do believe we should be trying to get with more like minded universities, ie, the ACC, but for now, Let’s just continue to win and pay our successful coaches to try and keep them from leaving. It is a great time for us right now and as others have said, let’s enjoy it!! Go Bulls!!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

28 minutes ago, puc86 said:

we shook the world against what turned out to be mediocre teams.

fsu finished 7-6. miami 7-6. auburn 8-5. clemson 6-7. notre dame 8-5

I loved the wins but they were one off wins.

we are 1-3 against florida state

1-5 against miami

heck we are 

2-7 against rutgers

4-6 against temple for god's sake

we don't even have a winning record against two of the worst programs in the history of college football.

I enjoyed the wvu win much more than any of the others. top 5 team at home in a conference battle. a team that finished the year 11-2.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

33 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Greater opportunities, exposure and resources. Being David and beating Goliath is absolutely the best. But most of the time you won’t even get Goliath’s attention, if you do there is no way you are getting him to show up and if you try to beat him with a rock he is just going to blow your head off with a .50 cal.

Much like the little mermaid  I want to be where the people are and no one I’ve ever met irl gives a **** about this under the sea athletics league even with a passing interest.

No one can tell me that the aac experience now hits the same way that our BEAST experience did and it has as much to do with being in the aac as it does with winning.

all of which vandy, indiana, northwestern, south carolina, etc etc have had for quite some time.

I guarantee if we win the aac next year and get a playoff spot it will far surpass any experience we had in the big east.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

we shook the world against what turned out to be mediocre teams.

fsu finished 7-6. miami 7-6. auburn 8-5. clemson 6-7. notre dame 8-5

I loved the wins but they were one off wins.

we are 1-3 against florida state

1-5 against miami

heck we are 

2-7 against rutgers

4-6 against temple for god's sake

we don't even have a winning record against two of the worst programs in the history of college football.

I enjoyed the wvu win much more than any of the others. top 5 team at home in a conference battle. a team that finished the year 11-2.

Still felt better and still got way more discussion and credibility. No one cares if you beat UNT and UAB, playing a schedule full of them is the problem