• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let's just enjoy the ride.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,476
  • Days Won:  13

On 2/21/2024 at 11:34 PM, Bull Matrix said:

Getting closer to popping the bottle of champagne & watching USF cut down the nets once they get that regular season AAC title.

I doubt they cut down any nets. Only do that if you win the Tournament. Regular Season Conference Championship means nothing, other than we get the best Seed in the Tourney. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,605
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I doubt they cut down any nets. Only do that if you win the Tournament. Regular Season Conference Championship means nothing, other than we get the best Seed in the Tourney. 

There is a trophy, though ... ?

• Like 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  847
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not a fan of "regular season champs". Nobody will remember it - they only remember the conference champ, and that's the team with the highest score in the conference championship game. 

Monumental achievement for a program like USF if we can obtain it, but ultimately not what we are competing for. 

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,378
  • Days Won:  43

3 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Joey Johnson was talking about it on the post game show after win over UTSA. The question is would they still do it if they clinched on the road lol. I highly doubt it. Probably just wait until winning the tournament 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,605
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

I'm not a fan of "regular season champs". Nobody will remember it - they only remember the conference champ, and that's the team with the highest score in the conference championship game. 

Monumental achievement for a program like USF if we can obtain it, but ultimately not what we are competing for. 

Which kinda sucks .... winning a regular season championship is a lot tougher to me than winning a handful of games, albeit in a handful of days. And with ****** up NIT, you're not even rewarded with an auto bid to that.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

2 hours ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

We will remember it. It will be like caviar on top of some first rate tuna sashimi ( I am not a big icing on a cake guy).

And i think we might get a bonus point or two at least when it comes to the human factor in the NCAAT selection process. Being first in a conference that includes Memphis, SMU, FAU is impressive, especially if we can beat SMU as well.

Edited by belgianbull
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,378
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Which kinda sucks .... winning a regular season championship is a lot tougher to me than winning a handful of games, albeit in a handful of days. And with ****** up NIT, you're not even rewarded with an auto bid to that.

I’m gonna to remember it. USF fans have suffered enough so I remember the wins . I still remember the CBI championship win over DePaul in Chicago. I’m definitely going to remember USF winning the regular season mens hoops AAC championship over basketball schools like Memphis.

• Go Bulls! 2

• Brad featured this topic

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  677
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Completely agree with you on this. Why even bother to try to win regular season, why not just rest up your primary players for the conference tournament? I know I'm being ridiculous but it's not much more ridiculous than overlooking the grind of placing first place in conference over the course of the entire season.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,876
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, 350_BULL said:

Completely agree with you on this. Why even bother to try to win regular season, why not just rest up your primary players for the conference tournament? I know I'm being ridiculous but it's not much more ridiculous than overlooking the grind of placing first place in conference over the course of the entire season.

Because we have never won one, I want one, once I get this I will be off to the next shiny object. It may not mean much to anyone but for some weird reason it means something to me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  677
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Because we have never won one, I want one, once I get this I will be off to the next shiny object. It may not mean much to anyone but for some weird reason it means something to me. 

No doubt, I really want a regular season conference championship badly but I was mostly just complaining about how outrageous it is that such a huge accomplishment is not rewarded as highly.

Trust me this is a big deal for us. This is more than just the 1 seed. This is the culmination of a battle tested team being rewarded by beating the grind. Just keep winning Bulls!! 

• Upvote 1