• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let's just enjoy the ride.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

all of which vandy, indiana, northwestern, south carolina, etc etc have had for quite some time.

I guarantee if we win the aac next year and get a playoff spot it will far surpass any experience we had in the big east.

Not one of those teams has ever once discussed moving down and every few year they have a season that just is not possible in the aac. Who in the aac would rather be those teams? Everyone 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Still felt better and still got way more discussion and credibility. No one cares if you beat UNT and UAB, playing a schedule full of them is the problem 

and yet we played them when we were in a lower level conference.....and it's not even a blip on the radar for their fans

oh and they got nowhere near the discussion that beating a top 5 wvu at home got and they were in our lowly conference as well.

they were one off wins.

the way you make noise is to win your conference and then beat a good team in a bowl.

nobody nationally cares about a win against what ends up being a 7-6 p4 program

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Not one of those teams has ever once discussed moving down and every few year they have a season that just is not possible in the aac. Who in the aac would rather be those teams? Everyone 

of course the administration doesn't want to move down. they make a ton of money.

I bet their fans would enjoy winning more often

give me an example of an even remotely successful conference season for one of those programs and I'll show you an outlier.

Edited by Bull94

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

and yet we played them when we were in a lower level conference.....and it's not even a blip on the radar for their fans

oh and they got nowhere near the discussion that beating a top 5 wvu at home got and they were in our lowly conference as well.

they were one off wins.

the way you make noise is to win your conference and then beat a good team in a bowl.

nobody nationally cares about a win against what ends up being a 7-6 p4 program

We have zero WVU’s in this conference, these are the people that replaced the teams that replaced the teams that replaced WVU. I had WVU and Louisville as some of my favorite wins as well but nothing like that exists even relatively close to them here. From the BEAST only one team remains after a few rounds of changes and what we have now is not ever going to resonate locally or nationally. You are comparing apples to **** 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

of course the administration doesn't want to move down. they make a ton of money.

I bet their fans would enjoy winning more often

give me an example of an even remotely successful conference season for one of those programs and I'll show you an outlier.

6. Ohio State 45, Northwestern 24 (2018)

Northwestern’s first-ever trip to the Big Ten Championship resulted in a surprisingly entertaining game against the No. 6 ranked Buckeyes. This game featured a ton of offense, as Ohio State set the Big Ten Championship record for passing yards (499) and first downs (31) on the back of Dwayne Haskins’ MVP-deserving day.

Despite the dynamite offense from the East champs, the plucky 8-4 Wildcats were able to keep up with the Buckeyes for a large part of the game, even kicking a field goal to make the game 24-31 early in the fourth quarter. Ohio State pulled away in the fourth to cover the 16.5-point spread, but it was a high-scoring and entertaining game, with over 1,000 total yards on offense, that is far from the worst product the Big Ten had ever showcased in its title game.

5. Ohio State 22, Northwestern 10 (2020)

Are you tired of reading about the Buckeyes in Big Ten title games? I’ve got bad news for you. After a tumultuous season of pandemic cancellations and wonky results, the No. 4 Buckeyes (5-0) took on the No. 14 Wildcats (6-1) in the second meeting of these two teams in three years of championship games. Once again, the Buckeyes were 16.5-point favorites and once again, Northwestern kept it competitive, this time even taking a 10-6 lead into the half.

There’s no way to describe this game that does not start with Trey Sermon. Even on a down day for Justin Fields, the Buckeyes running back went on a frenzy, collecting a Big Ten Championship Game record 331 rushing yards (and the MVP award) in one of the most dominant displays of offensive line play I can remember. In a mostly empty Lucas Oil Stadium, it wasn’t the prettiest contest — both quarterbacks threw two interceptions, including a jaw-dropping end-zone snag by Brandon Joseph — but it was a competitive game that deserves a middle-tier spot in the rankings.

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

We have zero WVU’s in this conference, these are the people that replaced the teams that replaced the teams that replaced WVU. I had WVU and Louisville as some of my favorite wins as well but nothing like that exists even relatively close to them here. From the BEAST only one team remains after a few rounds of changes and what we have now is not ever going to resonate locally or nationally. You are comparing apples to **** 

and you are complaining about our conference and saying we need out and using out of conference game wins as your examples.

we can still play and win games against those programs.

we can also make the playoffs easier in this conference and play games that actually matter.

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Northwestern’s first-ever trip to the Big Ten Championship resulted in a surprisingly entertaining game against the No. 6 ranked Buckeyes. This game featured a ton of offense, as Ohio State set the Big Ten Championship record for passing yards (499) and first downs (31) on the back of Dwayne Haskins’ MVP-deserving day.

Despite the dynamite offense from the East champs, the plucky 8-4 Wildcats were able to keep up with the Buckeyes for a large part of the game, even kicking a field goal to make the game 24-31 early in the fourth quarter. Ohio State pulled away in the fourth to cover the 16.5-point spread, but it was a high-scoring and entertaining game, with over 1,000 total yards on offense, that is far from the worst product the Big Ten had ever showcased in its title game.

Are you tired of reading about the Buckeyes in Big Ten title games? I’ve got bad news for you. After a tumultuous season of pandemic cancellations and wonky results, the No. 4 Buckeyes (5-0) took on the No. 14 Wildcats (6-1) in the second meeting of these two teams in three years of championship games. Once again, the Buckeyes were 16.5-point favorites and once again, Northwestern kept it competitive, this time even taking a 10-6 lead into the half.

There’s no way to describe this game that does not start with Trey Sermon. Even on a down day for Justin Fields, the Buckeyes running back went on a frenzy, collecting a Big Ten Championship Game record 331 rushing yards (and the MVP award) in one of the most dominant displays of offensive line play I can remember. In a mostly empty Lucas Oil Stadium, it wasn’t the prettiest contest — both quarterbacks threw two interceptions, including a jaw-dropping end-zone snag by Brandon Joseph — but it was a competitive game that deserves a middle-tier spot in the rankings.

IMG_9620.png

17 minutes ago, puc86 said:

outliers. blown out and covid year.

last stand alone title was in 1995 before that 1936

yeah sign me up for winning a title once every 60 years....

at that rate they should get another one by 2055.

of course they have added some pretty tough programs recently.

13 minutes ago, puc86 said:

IMG_9620.png

name the last time south carolina won the sec

they were 4-4 in the sec this year

they have played in championship game once and got beat 56-17

imagine how tough it will be with OU and texas moving in

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,374
  • Days Won:  43

20 minutes ago, puc86 said:

WVU has not been relevant since their big east days.  

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

and you are complaining about our conference and saying we need out and using out of conference game wins as your examples.

we can still play and win games against those programs.

we can also make the playoffs easier in this conference and play games that actually matter.

The mountain west will get the left over 5 bid the majority of years that exists before it is snatched away, it’s not an easier path it’s a mirage that we are pretending is a good thing because it makes it easier to cope.

Playing bad teams the majority of your games is a bad thing and you can’t make it up in volume. See the basketball season right now, in any real conference you wouldn’t be worried the regular season means nothing and you absolutely must win the conference tournament to get in but that’s not where we find ourselves.

Having the ability to be one of several teams to get in from your conference is a good thing even if it means you may actually have to play competitive teams and lose sometimes; conversely having to have no room for error and that 60 something other teams do error so you can fight for one spot between all of you is a bad thing even if it means you win more often. 

This doesn’t even account for how well anyone will do when they get there and having more money, exposure and playing better teams should get better recruits and lead to better results. Most everyone is predicting a growing divide in college football disparity and not this made up equity people are pretending will come from expanded playoffs.