• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let's just enjoy the ride.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Dave_Glaser said:

We’ll see. When WVU was beating Oklahoma and Georgia in bowl games and going to the Sweet 16, I doubt they felt like the “biggest loser” - even though the Big East got zero respect nationally. If UCF’s experience goes the same way and they are mired in the middle to bottom of the Big 12 for a decade, there may be some buyer’s remorse - not from the school’s profits, but from a fan experience.

Doesn’t it really come down to finding a spot where there’s at least some semblance of a level playing field? Seems nearly impossible these days in the major conferences. While the power leagues dominate the “minors” - there’s also a clear pecking order of the blue bloods and the “others” in those leagues.

Is there any leagues anywhere where there usually isn’t a perennial top, middle and bottom? Being at the top every year shouldn’t signal that things are balanced it’s that you are punching below your weight. Being in the sec means every week you have an opportunity to shock the world and do something exciting while being in the aac means that most weeks you get an opportunity for people to say that’s nice I only follow D1 college though. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,340
  • Days Won:  43

13 minutes ago, puc86 said:

We can just make up trophies or compete in local tournaments and add those, people would recognize them and weigh them about equally in terms of importance.

That men’s hoop trophy for the AAC is going to be one of the greatest accomplishments in USF’s athletics history. Sure USF will move on to bigger things but let’s enjoy the success. I have the champagne chilling and will pop that bottle open after USF clinches. You got to celebrate the steps moving forward 

1 minute ago, Bull Matrix said:

That men’s hoop trophy for the AAC is going to be one of the greatest accomplishments in USF’s athletics history. Sure USF will move on to bigger things but let’s enjoy the success. I have the champagne chilling and will pop that bottle open after USF clinches. You got to celebrate the steps moving forward 

Win the tournament; get in the ncaa; celebrate. That most people are predicting only the automatic bid out of the tournament gets into the ncaa out of the aac shows exactly how much the aac is worth in a vacuum.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,728
  • Days Won:  0

My favorite memories as a USF fan are those where our teams have won at the level they were at. I would love to compete against bigger names, obviously. I think we all would. Until that is a reality instead of just wishful thinking, I'm going to enjoy the hell out of our current success, no matter who we are playing against. 

• Go Bulls! 3

3 minutes ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

My favorite memories as a USF fan are those where our teams have won at the level they were at. I would love to compete against bigger names, obviously. I think we all would. Until that is a reality instead of just wishful thinking, I'm going to enjoy the hell out of our current success, no matter who we are playing against. 

FSU and Auburn aren’t among your favorite memories? Miami? ND? Clemson? WVU and Louisville are definitely among my favorites but I don’t see any of those hanging around here.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I think for a lot of people (like me) beating FAU in a vacuum isn’t particularly enjoyable.

Thankfully there are a ton not like you that find USF winning enjoyable no matter the circumstances .....

Welcome back, puc.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Thankfully there are a ton not like you that find USF winning enjoyable no matter the circumstances .....

Welcome back, puc.

I yam what I yam - Ellison 

• Topic Count:  354
  • Content Count:  4,095
  • Days Won:  56

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Welcome back, puc.

We’re 19-5 and leading the conference, football made significant progress and had what most consider a very good recruiting class, and the guy is still - mostly - filled with negativity. Tough way to go through life, maybe not for him, but for the rest of us (even though I have blocked him for quite some time and was foolish enough to randomly look at a couple posts).  🙂

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dave_Glaser said:

We’re 19-5 and leading the conference, football made significant progress and had what most consider a very good recruiting class, and the guy is still - mostly - filled with negativity. Tough way to go through life, maybe not for him, but for the rest of us (even though I have blocked him for quite some time and was foolish enough to randomly look at a couple posts).  🙂

They are way more positive than they were then, the better we do the more positive I am back then in my opinion you really had to go out of your way to manufacture positives. Now there are quite a few things people can genuinely point to that show a positive even if I’m ready to keep moving past them, I don’t think people are completely making them up.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Beating Florida and talking trash to their fans about how we beat them is worth more than any number of wins that can take place against an aac team of which I will never encounter a fan. 

More importantly not one UCF fan wishes they went back from the b12 to the aac and not a single Vandy fan has ever called for moving down.

I’d rather be the biggest loser is only a fairytale people tell themselves to feel better about being in lower leagues anyone that actually likes competing at lower levels isn’t a competitor 

funny but our biggest crowd in our basketball history came in the wasteland that is the aac against a conference opponent

oh and the crowd was 90% usf fans.

seems to me you were scrambling to get a ticket

Edited by Bull94
  • Go Bulls! 1