• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let's just enjoy the ride.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

I’m not worried about the AAC Tournament yet. More concerned about USF winning the AAC regular season championship with the number 1 seed in the AAU tournament. I will pop a bottle of champagne after USF clinched the top spot. 

If that number 1 seed doesn’t lead to the actual tournament it’s worth exactly nothing 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,012
  • Days Won:  38

7 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Those wishing for a "better" conference would be good to realize that the step up in competition will result in more losses and less success nationally.

That's okay.  We would out recruit schools like UCF in that scenario.  

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’m perfectly fine with losing more against competition of consequence and renown; being the best minor leaguer is never once in life better than making it to the bigs. 

so having UCF's recent success wasn't more enjoyable for their fans than say Vandy's recent history?

ask WVU fans if they liked their time in the BE more than Big 12.

BTW I would like for us to join ACC or big 12. I think we could compete in football.

I would hate for us to be in SEC. Think we would be perennial doormat.

Edited by Bull94

Can anyone from memory describe to me what the regular season aac championship trophy looks like (assuming there is one)? Who it was in various years? My guess is not and the reason is because while it’s nice to pretend that it matters it matters to next to no one even engaged fans of teams with the misfortune of being in the league. 

People know fau because they made ncaa noise, people know UCF because they made national noise, aac success without the next steps is nothing. 

• Topic Count:  354
  • Content Count:  4,094
  • Days Won:  56

15 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’m perfectly fine with losing more against competition of consequence and renown; being the best minor leaguer is never once in life better than making it to the bigs. 

My wife’s side of the family are WVU grads and devout fans. They realize why the move to the “bigs” had to be made, but their day to day experience as fans has taken a complete nosedive since the Big East days. All those couch burners were riding high with puffed out chests - winning BCS bowl games and rolling to the Sweet 16. Now they’re also-rans playing games in Iowa and Kansas. It has been a horrible move for them - purely as fans. If the next round of musical chairs happens as most expect, they need to move back east in a new ACC, which is exactly where we need to be, as well. We’ll make enough $ to sustain a decent program and the fan experience will be good.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,340
  • Days Won:  43

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If that number 1 seed doesn’t lead to the actual tournament it’s worth exactly nothing 

I wouldn’t say that. I do believe there is a AAC Regular Season trophy that USF can add to the trophy case so that means something imo

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

so having UCF's recent success wasn't more enjoyable for their fans than say Vandy's recent history?

ask WVU fans if they liked their time in the BE more than Big 12.

BTW I would like for us to join ACC or big 12. I think we could compete in football.

I would hate for us to be in SEC. Think we would be perennial doormat.

Beating Florida and talking trash to their fans about how we beat them is worth more than any number of wins that can take place against an aac team of which I will never encounter a fan. 

More importantly not one UCF fan wishes they went back from the b12 to the aac and not a single Vandy fan has ever called for moving down.

I’d rather be the biggest loser is only a fairytale people tell themselves to feel better about being in lower leagues anyone that actually likes competing at lower levels isn’t a competitor 

7 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

My wife’s side of the family are WVU grads and devout fans. They realize why the move to the “bigs” had to be made, but their day to day experience as fans has taken a complete nosedive since the Big East days. All those couch burners were riding high with puffed out chests - winning BCS bowl games and rolling to the Sweet 16. Now they’re also-rans playing games in Iowa and Kansas. It has been a horrible move for them - purely as fans. If the next round of musical chairs happens as most expect, they need to move back east in a new ACC, which is exactly where we need to be, as well. We’ll make enough $ to sustain a decent program and the fan experience will be good.

I’d rather still be in the BEAST too! That’s a move I can get behind, they may feel that way enough to move to what’s left of the aac with some old Big East pals but that’s not exactly what we are left with here now. The only team in the conference that doesn’t make me throw up in my mouth when I see they are in our conference is Memphis which simply causes me to gag. There is no way your family would rather be winning in the aac vs their current setup. 

27 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

I wouldn’t say that. I do believe there is a AAC Regular Season trophy that USF can add to the trophy case so that means something imo

We can just make up trophies or compete in local tournaments and add those, people would recognize them and weigh them about equally in terms of importance.

• Topic Count:  354
  • Content Count:  4,094
  • Days Won:  56

22 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Beating Florida and talking trash to their fans about how we beat them is worth more than any number of wins that can take place against an aac team of which I will never encounter a fan. 

More importantly not one UCF fan wishes they went back from the b12 to the aac and not a single Vandy fan has ever called for moving down.

I’d rather be the biggest loser is only a fairytale people tell themselves to feel better about being in lower leagues anyone that actually likes competing at lower levels isn’t a competitor 

We’ll see. When WVU was beating Oklahoma and Georgia in bowl games and going to the Sweet 16, I doubt they felt like the “biggest loser” - even though the Big East got zero respect nationally. If UCF’s experience goes the same way and they are mired in the middle to bottom of the Big 12 for a decade, there may be some buyer’s remorse - not from the school’s profits, but from a fan experience.

Doesn’t it really come down to finding a spot where there’s at least some semblance of a level playing field? Seems nearly impossible these days in the major conferences. While the power leagues dominate the “minors” - there’s also a clear pecking order of the blue bloods and the “others” in those leagues.

• Upvote 2