• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thanks FSU and the College Football Committee

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,914
  • Days Won:  33

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

yeah I get that but they were throwing fsu a bone. no way they wanted them in with a 3rd string qb. nobody would watch

I'm not so sure about that.

Having 2 1 loss Conference Champions in the Top 4 helps the committee's selections. Putting in a 1 loss conference champion who lost the only good team they played would not have worked.

This is just my opinion, but I disagree that no one one watch FSU vs. Michigan in the Rose Bowl.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,773
  • Days Won:  3

13 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

This is just my opinion, but I disagree that no one watch FSU vs. Michigan in the Rose Bowl.

I'd watch it. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

10 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

you do realize the management committee who decides the rules is made up of 10 conference commissioners and ND ,right?

that means g5 now has as many votes as the p4 + ND with the pac 12 gone.

nobody but the sec commissioner wanted the top 12 ranked teams.

hell they had to keep it at top 6 conference champs for the next two years even without pac 12 so we have an even greater chance as the top 2 g5 ranked champs will get in.

I can see them going to 5 but there is no way they can do any better unless they break off.

COLLEGEFOOTBALLPLAYOFF.COM

CFP Governance
WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

If any change is to come to the 6+6 model, it will likely be after the conclusion of the 2024 season

The second article says exactly what I said and yes they can do whatever they like because they hold every card and every G5 member knows they are being done a favor by even being allowed to put the distinction on their CV. The G5 can lose everything with not taking any bone the P4 throws them and the P4 loses nothing by telling the G5 to get lost. If you want to be diplomatic you make more favorable terms to appeal to the bottom conferences that have no allusion getting in and that is a lot better than the Nothing they would get from getting kicked to the curb by following any ridiculous plan proposed by the middle. That half the conferences got 5 spots and half the conferences got 1 should make it clear that even if all votes were created equal it was clear to everyone in the room that some votes are more equal than others.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

21 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

That loss to OK is a mulligan? Or what? FSU didn’t lose a game. The ACC only had 3 schools that were below .500. The Big 12 has UCF and 5 schools with below .500. Outside of that Bama win Texas beat basically nobody. Ok St is there other best win. FSU beat LSU and a ranked Louisville, plus most of their opponents were above .500. Texas being in over them doesn’t add up.

I get the texas argument . I really do.

unfortunately they couldn't put alabama in without texas who beat them and they weren't going to put fsu in over bama.

14 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The second article says exactly what I said and yes they can do whatever they like because they hold every card and every G5 member knows they are being done a favor by even being allowed to put the distinction on their CV. The G5 can lose everything with not taking any bone the P4 throws them and the P4 loses nothing by telling the G5 to get lost. If you want to be diplomatic you make more favorable terms to appeal to the bottom conferences that have no allusion getting in and that is a lot better than the Nothing they would get from getting kicked to the curb by following any ridiculous plan proposed by the middle. That half the conferences got 5 spots and half the conferences got 1 should make it clear that even if all votes were created equal it was clear to everyone in the room that some votes are more equal than others.

you honestly don't have a clue.

the 2nd article stated sec commissioner wanted to go to top 12 ranked . he said nobody agreed with him.

heck they couldn't even get it changed to top 5 instead of top 6 conference champs for next 2 years.

you do realize the rules are made by the management committee which includes ALL of the g5 commissioners,right?

there are now 10 voting members. 5 of those are from g5 conferences. we are no longer part of the minority.

the rules aren't made by sec and big 10 commissioners alone.

at this point I honestly believe you are just trolling. you can't be this oblivious.

the only way sec or big 10 can flex their muscles is by breaking off.

oh and the only one to suggest top 12 ranked was sec.

none of the other 10 voters wanted it.

Edited by Bull94
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

I'm not so sure about that.

Having 2 1 loss Conference Champions in the Top 4 helps the committee's selections. Putting in a 1 loss conference champion who lost the only good team they played would not have worked.

This is just my opinion, but I disagree that no one one watch FSU vs. Michigan in the Rose Bowl.

when would you turn it off?

How much of the iowa v michigan game did you watch?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

16 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

when would you turn it off?

How much of the iowa v michigan game did you watch?

Most of it, I had the under 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

13 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

the 2nd article stated sec commissioner wanted to go to top 12 ranked . he said nobody agreed with him.

heck they couldn't even get it changed to top 5 instead of top 6 conference champs for next 2 years.

you do realize the rules are made by the management committee which includes ALL of the g5 commissioners,right?

there are now 10 voting members. 5 of those are from g5 conferences. we are no longer part of the minority.

at this point I honestly believe you are just trolling. you can't be this oblivious.

Yes I have not clue where your thought process is coming from

The part where it says this at best expected to last two years. Care to bet how a new vote would go or one after someone gets left out so that a G5 team could get blown out?

That had more to do with PAC mess than anything else

Yes, they bring no value and no one cares if they have to reorganize to get rid of their votes when they voted somehow it didnt end up every conference champion plus 2 and many people had to vote against what would theoretically be their own self interest, why?

They already werent the minority, no one cared when it was 5 to 5 and they wont care at any voting distribution because only certain people matter

For the most part they absolutely will as a go forward

You seem to be confused about there being a P6 and a G5 (and not that it was actually P5 and G5) by being the only person on earth that bought that marketing but noted

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

26 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I get the texas argument . I really do.

unfortunately they couldn't put alabama in without texas who beat them and they weren't going to put fsu in over bama.

Time to go to the new and improved BCS, Bender Championship System. Humans have failed us again

animation futurama GIF

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,706
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

The action wasn’t to expand the playoffs to the g5 it was to expand the playoffs. 

The G5 part makes an argument for the size of the expansion and appeals to fairness.

The G5 part was important to fairness because it requires more from athletes and if its just the P5 they already settled it in the season and in the conference championship.

The same fairness argument will then be used to remove the G5 because they aren’t qualified and it’s unfair to those that are qualified.

The G5 isn’t losing anything it’s just making it fair for everyone and every year the G5 has top 12 teams they will still get in. 

Thanks for keeping it to 5 paragraphs instead of 7 😀