• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thanks FSU and the College Football Committee

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

Edited by puc86
stupid gif maker

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

31 minutes ago, puc86 said:

They already didnt have the votes and they already got an unequitable share, the P4 is making it abundantly clear that they have no issue walking away from the G5 and I am sure if anyone would not like to move with the B10 and the SEC they would be more than happy to go on without them and leave them to die with the rest of the left behinds while taking the only portions of value from them. It really is quite simple and if anyone is pretending to not get it or to think the G5 holds any power it would have to be anyone coming from your perspective.

the system is becoming more inclusive and far more equitable.

sorry you don't see it that way.

g5 will have more access than they have ever before.

sec and big 10 can walk anytime they want to and I have said i believe they will someday but that is the only way they will get out of including the g5 in an expanded playoff.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,914
  • Days Won:  33

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

when would you turn it off?

How much of the iowa v michigan game did you watch?

When the clock struck 0:00 in the 4th quarter.

I literally watched every second of the Iowa-Michigan game. If you're of the belief that FSU is basically Iowa, then I would vehemently disagree with you.

11 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

When the clock struck 0:00 in the 4th quarter.

I literally watched every second of the Iowa-Michigan game. If you're of the belief that FSU is basically Iowa, then I would vehemently disagree with you.

well you aren't most people. blowouts and noncompetitive games are routinely the lowest rated games.

Michigan v Bama is a 1 point spread.

Georgia v fsu is 14 points.

it sucks that they hand pick playoff reps but that will be changing somewhat  next year when top 6 conference champs are guaranteed.

then we can complain about how unfair it is that the 13th team didn't get in instead of the 5th.

Edited by Bull94

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

The problem with the selection committee was the hypocrisy of the entire thing.  They choose Alabama/Texas on the premise that they had a tougher SOS and thus the one loss doesn't matter.  Then, in the same breath, Liberty is chosen over SMU for the NY6 bowl even when Liberty had a SOS of 133 and an FPI of 49.  The hypocrisy of the entire system is breathtaking.  Liberty wouldn't score 2 touchdowns on SMU and would get beaten horribly.  They can't have it both ways.  Either records only matter or strength of schedules and fpi and all the metrics matter.  The whole thing is absurd.  It was a biased decision.  I am no FSU fan by any imagination but this year was as SEC biased as I had ever seen.  Just my humble opinion.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

FSU should just declare themselves National Champions like a certain other team did. 

Edited by Rex Havoc
  • Haha 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

15 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

the system is becoming more inclusive and far more equitable.

sorry you don't see it that way.

g5 will have more access than they have ever before.

sec and big 10 can walk anytime they want to and I have said i believe they will someday but that is the only way they will get out of including the g5 in an expanded playoff.

They aren't going to offer to exclude them just not auto include them and since that is better than any other offer the G5 will be getting and they don't want to lose out entirely they will take it with a smile on their faces, college football could not be any more obviously consolidating and becoming less equitable and pretty much everyone sees it this way. What exactly do you think expansion is about?

10 minutes ago, OhioBull said:

The problem with the selection committee was the hypocrisy of the entire thing.  They choose Alabama/Texas on the premise that they had a tougher SOS and thus the one loss doesn't matter.  Then, in the same breath, Liberty is chosen over SMU for the NY6 bowl even when Liberty had a SOS of 133 and an FPI of 49.  The hypocrisy of the entire system is breathtaking.  Liberty wouldn't score 2 touchdowns on SMU and would get beaten horribly.  They can't have it both ways.  Either records only matter or strength of schedules and fpi and all the metrics matter.  The whole thing is absurd.  It was a biased decision.  I am no FSU fan by any imagination but this year was as SEC biased as I had ever seen.  Just my humble opinion.

But in a more inclusive way, obviously 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, OhioBull said:

it's a mess every year. rarely does it ever work out where everyone agrees.

it's why following the nfl model where top conference winners get a spot will be nice. then the subjectivity can begin.

smu had 2 losses. if tulane had won then they would have gotten in over liberty even with 1 loss.

22 minutes ago, puc86 said:

They aren't going to offer to exclude them just not auto include them and since that is better than any other offer the G5 will be getting and they don't want to lose out entirely they will take it with a smile on their faces, college football could not be any more obviously consolidating and becoming less equitable and pretty much everyone sees it this way. What exactly do you think expansion is about?

no one has ever been auto included until next year. not the sec. not the acc. not the big 10.

everyone but sec is on board with this.

BTW even if they go to top 12(which nobody wants but sec) g5 will have more access than ever. look back and see how many top 12 g5 teams there have been.

if you think they can exclude the entire g5 when we have 5 votes then you are sadly mistaken.

I'm assuming you meant conference consolidation not playoff expansion.

I have said in the past I believe sec and big 10 may break off eventually and form an nfl lite. maybe they take a few more teams with them.

it's the only way g5 will be excluded.

Edited by Bull94