• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thanks FSU and the College Football Committee

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

no one has ever been auto included until next year. not the sec. not the acc. not the big 10.

everyone but sec is on board with this.

if you think they can exclude the entire g5 when we have 5 votes then you are sadly mistaken.

I'm assuming you meant conference consolidation not playoff expansion.

I have said in the past I believe sec and big 10 may break off eventually. maybe they take a few more teams with them.

it's the only way g5 will be excluded.

Mike? Yes conference expansion- why make things harder for yourself with conference expansion if nothing will ever come of it and you can actually crank out Natties by moving down to the lowest G5 conference you can find? They had 5 votes and that got them 1 out of 6, the power is now even more consolidated and that is expected to grow. They would not offer to exclude the G5 in which case then they would just break away and not bother talking to them about it they just will explain the number of spots they are willing to include which will not include them. The G5 has no leverage, less than zero, they can vote but if its against the wishes of the powerful they are voting to be relegated. There vote is entirely ceremonial, they have no power, they offer nothing and they need to powerful while the powerful have no need for them. Find me anyone writing about the G5 keeping any guaranteed spot and I will find you 100 talking about how they will get nothing and like it.

1 minute ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

This thread is depressing... I need a dose of @Bull Matrix... 😂

He has obviously rebranded

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,033
  • Days Won:  10

FSU did not get snubbed. Alabama, Texas, Washington, and Michigan had better resumes than FSU.

ACC ( mostly due to Clemson having an off year) was down this year. FSU's offense looked awful against an average Louisville. Current form at a given time is something that the committee looks at and there is no doubt that FSU this weekend underperformed the teams that made it.

Edited by belgianbull
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,409
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, belgianbull said:

FSU's offense looked awful against an average Louisville

And there goes this statements credibility...

Average would be ranked in the sixties. The same CFP folks had them at 14. I would say that is far from average. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

46 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

BS grandstanding ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

BS grandstanding ...

I mean the first words were US senator….

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/3/2023 at 6:17 PM, Outlaw said:

IT is all down to the B1g and SEC now. If the b12 grabs the best of the ACC they could form a power3. I would think the SEC would just want FSU, Clemson, and maybe UNC . The b1g would be smart to take any acc teams at this point because they lack the top to bottom power of the SEC.

Top to bottom power of the SEC?   Why do people keep repeating that false narrative?   There are plenty of bottom feeders in the SEC that could not even compete in the American, let alone CUSA or the Sun Belt.

The SEC has these perennial "powerhouses", I mean loser schools that are just taking the money and running with it.   Sure, they will squeak out a nice win every now and then, but they are not competitive in the SEC, and they rarely play top teams from the G5 because the SEC knows the G5 schools will expose the soft underbelly of the SEC.

• Vanderbilt
  • Mississippi State
  • Arkansas
  • South Carolina