• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thanks FSU and the College Football Committee

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

You will not get it until it happens for the first time which is why we agreed to move on until the first G5 team actually makes it into the playoff in the name of fairness which will be immediately followed by a necessary rules change and the last G5 team making it into the playoff in the name of fairness. It was deemed necessary to get to that number concessions had to be made, once the number is set it will then be necessary to remove the concessions. I cannot explain it to you because you do not want to understand it, so we will wait for you to be shocked which I imagine happens fairly regularly.

funny but they have been letting a g5 into the NY6 bowls every year.

I understand that you think they will pull the rug out from under but until it actually happens you have no proof that it will. heck they could just as easily pull it out from under the acc or big 12.

playoff expansion is good for everyone. the fact that they threw a crumb (1 autobid out of 12) to the entire g5 doesn't mean a thing to them.

Edited by Bull94

28 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Is the NFL going to stop including playoff teams because of injuries? This is nonsense. I don't care for fsu but they deserve to go. Why not tell Michigan you can't go because of your sign stealing scheme you were not aware of allegedly.

there are only 4 spots. the champs from the 4 best conferences were chosen. sucks the acc was down this year.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

funny but they have been letting a g5 into the NY6 bowls every year.

I understand that you think they will pull the rug out from under but until it actually happens you have no proof that it will. heck they could just as easily pull it out from under the acc or big 12.

playoff expansion is good for everyone. the fact that they threw a crumb (1 autobid out of 12) to the entire g5 doesn't mean a thing to them.

The agreement to have it this way is only for two years, they tried to modify it already and believe they will after the first time it takes place. The most it will last is two years but even that is very unlikely. The cap on the risk and loss on a NY6 game vs a spot in the playoffs is marginal vs exponential, no one is going to stay giving that up especially when it is so simple as they can just let it lapse and not give it again.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

there are only 4 spots. the champs from the 4 best conferences were chosen. sucks the acc was down this year.

The Big 12 seems to be worse than the ACC. The committee was just sucking up to Texas and the sec. 

2 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

The Big 12 seems to be worse than the ACC. The committee was just sucking up to Texas and the sec. 

Texas beat the sec champ. otherwise georgia gets in over them and fsu

28 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The agreement to have it this way is only for two years, they tried to modify it already and believe they will after the first time it takes place. The most it will last is two years but even that is very unlikely. The cap on the risk and loss on a NY6 game vs a spot in the playoffs is marginal vs exponential, no one is going to stay giving that up especially when it is so simple as they can just let it lapse and not give it again.

you do realize the management committee who decides the rules is made up of 10 conference commissioners and ND ,right?

that means g5 now has as many votes as the p4 + ND with the pac 12 gone.

nobody but the sec commissioner wanted the top 12 ranked teams.

hell they had to keep it at top 6 conference champs for the next two years even without pac 12 so we have an even greater chance as the top 2 g5 ranked champs will get in.

I can see them going to 5 but there is no way they can do any better unless they break off.

listen I get it, you hate our situation and think there is nothing redeeming about it. fact is we are far better off now with the expansion and more likely to make the playoffs than a lot of bottom dwellers in the p5.

there is no way they can exclude the g5 when we have 5 commissioners out of 10 votes on our side.

COLLEGEFOOTBALLPLAYOFF.COM

CFP Governance
WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

If any change is to come to the 6+6 model, it will likely be after the conclusion of the 2024 season

Edited by Bull94

10 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

They ranked Georgia #6

yeah I get that but they were throwing fsu a bone. no way they wanted them in with a 3rd string qb. nobody would watch

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

13 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Texas beat the sec champ. otherwise georgia gets in over them and fsu

That loss to OK is a mulligan? Or what? FSU didn’t lose a game. The ACC only had 3 schools that were below .500. The Big 12 has UCF and 5 schools with below .500. Outside of that Bama win Texas beat basically nobody. Ok St is there other best win. FSU beat LSU and a ranked Louisville, plus most of their opponents were above .500. Texas being in over them doesn’t add up.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Hell yeah! Right on. I think I’m more offended of the amount of outcry we are seeing for FSU than what we seen by many other teams getting snubbed in the past. The reality is that FSU looks like weaker team now that they are down to their 3rd string QB. They struggled against UL while Bama beats UGA. No one can tell me that FSU is the better team right now.

All teams had bad games and Texas had the worst loss of the top 6. Also, Washington only edged Oregon by 3. FSU was in top 4 last week, Texas and FSU win, and Texas moves ahead? 
it’s so obviously political and not about win-losses or schedule.

Edited by Gismo