• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Excitement Level for Y1 with Goach vs previous coaches?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Brad said:

@Triple B are you still a part of the Emoticon Development Generation & Execution (EDGE) committee?

Not a big fan of newfangled emoticons. If an emoticon isn't in the TBPOriginalGroup, it's not worth using

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,518
  • Days Won:  25

At least  the new basketball coach have proven we can win more with less. Hopefully it translate to wins in the AAC that some people think we are better than even though we keep finishing at or near the bottom.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

As far as how I felt just before each new coach's season began:

Holtz: -1/10, yes negative ranking simply because I hated what we did to Leavitt.  Embarrassed to admit it but I didn't even go to his first few games because I felt it supported the firing.  On paper he was a fine hire though.

Taggart: 7/10. At the time I really liked what I saw in him, even tho track record wasn't long.

Strong: 8/10 when hired, 4/10 as soon as he came out in his introductory conference and said "we need to slow the offense down so the defense can drink Gatorade".  Exposing himself even more, he thought he *fixed* his mistake by saying "oh I mean Powerade not Gatorade".  

Scott: 0/10.  Co-offensive coordinator that didn't call plays, only ever worked at one place and stayed with his old team throughout playoffs instead of focusing on USF.  Kinda expected him to be a loser and he proved it along the way.

Go: Ambivalent / 10.  Last year absolutely destroyed my ability to be hyped for football.  I do think Coach Go can actually turn us around bc he made such a difference at Tennessee, but I don't care enough for it to register on the scale yet.  

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  1,035
  • Content Count:  7,516
  • Days Won:  10

There has to be extra credit for this:

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

8 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

A little help please.

Coach ("Trener") Golesh in Russian.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

12 hours ago, bulloni said:

Any old timers remember what the hype around Leavitt was like when he was hired? Was that seen as a slam dunk at the time or a head scratcher?

The internet didn't exist when he was hired. Hype hadn't been invented yet.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

34 minutes ago, JTrue said:

The internet didn't exist when he was hired. Hype hadn't been invented yet.

May not have had the Internet but the teletype was en fuego with ******** about him only being a co-coordinator ….

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

May not have had the Internet but the teletype was en fuego with ******** about him only being a co-coordinator ….

I figured you for a Prodigy or AOL guy.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

18 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

As far as how I felt just before each new coach's season began:

Holtz: -1/10, yes negative ranking simply because I hated what we did to Leavitt.  Embarrassed to admit it but I didn't even go to his first few games because I felt it supported the firing.  On paper he was a fine hire though.

Taggart: 7/10. At the time I really liked what I saw in him, even tho track record wasn't long.

Strong: 8/10 when hired, 4/10 as soon as he came out in his introductory conference and said "we need to slow the offense down so the defense can drink Gatorade".  Exposing himself even more, he thought he *fixed* his mistake by saying "oh I mean Powerade not Gatorade".  

Scott: 0/10.  Co-offensive coordinator that didn't call plays, only ever worked at one place and stayed with his old team throughout playoffs instead of focusing on USF.  Kinda expected him to be a loser and he proved it along the way.

Go: Ambivalent / 10.  Last year absolutely destroyed my ability to be hyped for football.  I do think Coach Go can actually turn us around bc he made such a difference at Tennessee, but I don't care enough for it to register on the scale yet.  

For the most part, I agree. For Holtz, I was actually excited by his hire, truly thought he would take us to the next level (I’m not gonna touch on the CJL situation, already been said, haha). CAG, I and cautiously optimistic, but have my reservations because of the lack of head coaching experience; he has the persona of a great coach in the making, unlike CJS. I want to see us hit 5 wins, if we do that, I’ll be content, if it’s 4 or less, I’ll be greatly disappointed. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

16 hours ago, Ricky the Bull said:

There has to be extra credit for this:

Is that real? If so I may have just went from a 2 to a 6 but in all fairness my excitement level has been 0,0,6,0,2 (possible bonus points to a 6). We may win or we may not win but this makes me hopeful that we can perhaps be fun again. 

This is fun

This is not fun4B546D9F-2A21-4AAA-A2AD-E42C54C5BD5E.thumb.jpeg.91873449125a197673c7804302cb36e1.jpeg

• Haha 1