• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Excitement Level for Y1 with Goach vs previous coaches?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

On the Goach?

Probably about the same as you.  7 sounds good…. and I will wait to see.  

I think 7 is fair. I like him. I like everything he's done to this point. You can't be higher than that without a game played.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I think he’s got a little fire in his belly and I can’t wait to see it come out.  I think he’s a little bit of a tough guy which I like for football.  It’ll be a no ******** zone.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

I am not excited about CAG. Almost no high-ranking experience (and the extent of his actual playcalling at UT is debated) and he hired a DC who is hated by every fanbase he's worked for. He's got a good sense of humor, but that's about it. He doesn't excite me. Also angered me that we hired someone so inexperienced while FAU was able to hire Tom Herman. I don't trust ADMK's coach hiring decision-making anymore. Hope I'm proven wrong.

Skip - I was excited, he had won 2 conference championships at ECU and I thought that success would transfer over. I do believe he was held back here by the academic committee, but he was also a bit of a goofball imo.

Taggart - I was a fan of his swag and knew he would recruit awesome players. Don't underestimate the desire of Black players wanting to play for Black coaches in positions of power. That's just the way society is nowadays. His videos pumping up the WKU fans after beating Kentucky got me pumped. Good thing he was able to put his pride and Harbaugh offense to the side for the GCO. But, yeah, his name is tarnished now.

Scott - Easy to say now, but after he was hired, I looked up youtube clips of his interviews and coaching and was not excited at all. He was giving vibes of being twice the goofball that Skip was. Were players in urban Tampa Bay really going to want to play for this guy? Easily the worst head coach in FBS history, so awful that it happened to us...

I wish we had hired Willie Simmons from FAMU. Whatever FBS team gives him a shot will be glad they did.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

I don't know why I am excited about CAG.  I think the real reason is that he is not Jeff Scott, which so far is his greatest achievement as a USF football coach.  That right there is a good thing, folks.  

I really didn't know who he was when they announced the hire, but again, its not Jeff Scott.  Thank God for that.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  685
  • Content Count:  7,646
  • Days Won:  6

14 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

Тренер Голэш

A little help please.

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  56

2 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

A little help please.

His name in Russian

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Any old timers remember what the hype around Leavitt was like when he was hired? Was that seen as a slam dunk at the time or a head scratcher?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  685
  • Content Count:  7,646
  • Days Won:  6

@Brad and moderators, can we get a "me likey" emoticon.  I so often would use that instead of an upvote or go bulls.  Thank you.

1 hour ago, bulloni said:

Any old timers remember what the hype around Leavitt was like when he was hired? Was that seen as a slam dunk at the time or a head scratcher?

We were in a totally different place and time.  No players, no practice field, no home.

1 hour ago, 79 Bull said:

@Brad and moderators, can we get a "me likey" emoticon.  I so often would use that instead of an upvote or go bulls.  Thank you.

@Triple B are you still a part of the Emoticon Development Generation & Execution (EDGE) committee?