• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So how good/bad was this recruiting class considering the situation?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Transition classes rarely have any  impact players.  I'm sure this class will be no different

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,355
  • Days Won:  8

13 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Transition classes rarely have any  impact players.  I'm sure this class will be no different

Especially considering there was a 4 week gap between when CJS was fired and CAG was hired, as well as the fact that CAG only had just over two weeks to pick up the pieces

I liked that we picked-up what appears to be some big bodies for the O-Line, I am sure that we will see more D-Line signings as we move towards February 

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

I have gotten to the point that I can’t get excited about recruiting. We have had many classes that should have been great and were dud’s and individual recruits that we “flipped” that were busts. On the flip side we used to get players that people slept I. That turned out to be great. I think it all comes down to the coaches and what they are able to get out of the kids. Unfortunately, we have a new coach and new staff, so for me, the ratings mean absolutely nothing. I sadly have zero expectations, my spirit is a bit broken at the moment and just hope we win some games next year. 

Edited by michibull
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

Recruiting now is as much about getting new players out of high school, or the transfer portal as it is convincing the best players you already have in staying.

While Golesh had a good start in his first 2 weeks in recruiting, the last week has not been good. Just in the last week it looks like we will be losing Weaver, an OL  player; and Battie to the transfer portal.

There is still time but coach Golesh will need to hit the transfer portal hard if he wants to save his first incoming class.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,030
  • Days Won:  38

30 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Recruiting now is as much about getting new players out of high school, or the transfer portal as it is convincing the best players you already have in staying.

While Golesh had a good start in his first 2 weeks in recruiting, the last week has not been good. Just in the last week it looks like we will be losing Weaver, an OL  player; and Battie to the transfer portal.

There is still time but coach Golesh will need to hit the transfer portal hard if he wants to save his first incoming class.

Yep I am about to join the very doomers I am making fun of.  
dcvcozy-796d38f7-68ca-4d52-8825-4f49bf88

• Content Count:  47
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, belgianbull said:

I don't see any movement to replace these players

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,030
  • Days Won:  38

8 minutes ago, William Armstrong said:

I don't see any movement to replace these players

Well to be fair, one of them he just found out about, which is hilarious that it is allowed to go on this late.

• Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

3 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Well to be fair, one of them he just found out about, which is hilarious that it is allowed to go on this late.

Well I believe that you can bring in transfer portal players until after Spring training ( Bohanon example last year). Am I correct about that? If so that is still plenty of time. Still a lot of  highly rated players in the transfer portal to be had.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,399
  • Days Won:  25

We are probably losing our best three offensive playmakers to Colorado. We need to find rbs and wrs to replace them. If we don't land any big transfers at rb,wr,ol, and defensive line I will call it a terrible class. Golesh has his hands full and let's hope he is better than Scott at selling  usf and coaching at usf. This is why I wanted an experienced coach that sell his name and experience to current and potential players.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

10 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

We are probably losing our best three offensive playmakers to Colorado. We need to find rbs and wrs to replace them. If we don't land any big transfers at rb,wr,ol, and defensive line I will call it a terrible class. Golesh has his hands full and let's hope he is better than Scott at selling  usf and coaching at usf. This is why I wanted an experienced coach that sell his name and experience to current and potential players.

Battie and Byrum Brown are leaving for Colorado??????