• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So how good/bad was this recruiting class considering the situation?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,397
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Battie and Byrum Brown are leaving for Colorado??????

Battie flew out there to visit,  Weaver got an offer(Colorado,Oklahoma, WVU) and Horn signed with Colorado. Brown will  have to find players and production to replace one top 3 weapons. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  842
  • Days Won:  1

20 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

We are probably losing our best three offensive playmakers to Colorado. We need to find rbs and wrs to replace them. If we don't land any big transfers at rb,wr,ol, and defensive line I will call it a terrible class. Golesh has his hands full and let's hope he is better than Scott at selling  usf and coaching at usf. This is why I wanted an experienced coach that sell his name and experience to current and potential players.

Where have you seen anything about Weaver to Colorado? Battie only tweeted back at Horn, any other evidence? 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,397
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Where have you seen anything about Weaver to Colorado? Battie only tweeted back at Horn, any other evidence? 

I heard from a reliable source and checked Weaver's own Twitter unless you are suggesting he is faking it ?

Screenshot_20230105-151814_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230105-151822_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

The only positives last year was our offense and special teams. Disappointing what is occurring . Losing our 2 main receivers ( Horn, Weaver) star running back ( Batie)  and return man, Kicker, OL, OC, and special teams coordinator,...

When new coaches come in you expect lots of changes, but having to start again from scratch on offense ( except at this time QB) when that was our strength it is not what I  had hoped for.

Coach Golesh needs to hit the portal hard, or this year could be another train wreck. We cant afford losing another 2 years.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

32 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

The only positives last year was our offense and special teams. Disappointing what is occurring . Losing our 2 main receivers ( Horn, Weaver) star running back ( Batie)  and return man, Kicker, OL, OC, and special teams coordinator,...

When new coaches come in you expect lots of changes, but having to start again from scratch on offense ( except at this time QB) when that was our strength it is not what I  had hoped for.

Coach Golesh needs to hit the portal hard, or this year could be another train wreck. We cant afford losing another 2 years.

As in he needs to enter the portal and then we find a serviceable AD to make a serviceable hire? 

Count Me In GIF by Big Brother 

15 minutes ago, puc86 said:

As in he needs to enter the portal and then we find a serviceable AD to make a serviceable hire? 

Count Me In GIF by Big Brother 

While I'm not happy with Kelly and was not a fan of this hire; I will give it a few years to see if it can work out before calling for Kelly to go. There is no reason that coach Golesh in the end can't be a good hire. The advantages or disadvantages of the nil and transfer portal will all be the same for the teams in the AAC. It can't be an excuse if we don't win in the AAC.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, belgianbull said:

While I'm not happy with Kelly and was not a fan of this hire; I will give it a few years to see if it can work out before calling for Kelly to go. There is no reason that coach Golesh in the end can't be a good hire. The advantages or disadvantages of the nil and transfer portal will all be the same for the teams in the AAC. It can't be an excuse if we don't win in the AAC.

I like him more than I liked CJS but we needed a splash hire at this very moment and this could not be any further from a splash hire. As for VPMK how much worse do things need to get and for how long before you can determine that it is almost impossible to have worse results than he has produced and the longer we have followed his path the further we have removed ourselves from success and relevancy? I honestly do not believe I have observed a bigger failure at the top of anything in my entire life, if we had been bought by a private equity group in a leveraged buyout at the start of his reign we would have already surrendered our assets to the banks over a year ago, it is past time to move on as he has shown us exactly who he is and where his vision will lead us. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

Being a USF fan is pretty depressing 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

14 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I like him more than I liked CJS but we needed a splash hire at this very moment and this could not be any further from a splash hire. As for VPMK how much worse do things need to get and for how long before you can determine that it is almost impossible to have worse results than he has produced and the longer we have followed his path the further we have removed ourselves from success and relevancy? I honestly do not believe I have observed a bigger failure at the top of anything in my entire life, if we had been bought by a private equity group in a leveraged buyout at the start of his reign we would have already surrendered our assets to the banks over a year ago, it is past time to move on as he has shown us exactly who he is and where his vision will lead us. 

Who are we realistically going to get that’s a “splash” hire? He might not be everyone’s top choice but he’s not a bad hire at all. It seems like a lot of us have forgetting that we’re a g5 team in a conference that just got raided for better teams while we look through the window in last place. Golesh helped orchestrate the number one offense in the country and has a resume that’s a lot more versatile than being a good ole boy under only one head coach. 

Just now, OcalaBull2 said:

Who are we realistically going to get that’s a “splash” hire? He might not be everyone’s top choice but he’s not a bad hire at all. It seems like a lot of us have forgetting that we’re a g5 team in a conference that just got raided for better teams while we look through the window in last place. Golesh helped orchestrate the number one offense in the country and has a resume that’s a lot more versatile than being a good ole boy under only one head coach. 

Not arguing that Golesh can't succeed. He can! But if FAU is able to get splash hires, we should be able to as well.