• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So how good/bad was this recruiting class considering the situation?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,660
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, belgianbull said:

Yes I don't disagree. I was also referring to Lane Kiffin ( even though he was gone a soon as he could). My point was more regarding the FAU example as to whether it was possible for us to get a bigger name head coach with experience.

At the same time I am in no way saying that Golesh can't be successful, and its true that  the "more splashy hire" could fail, while Golesh could succeed.

Time will tell, and we will know in a couple of years whether the FAU approach or our approach was the better way to go.

I am curious as to what the story was with Herman in regards to USF and if it ever unfolds ........ and will be **** interesting to see how FAU and us turn out the next three years or so ...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,545
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I am curious as to what the story was with Herman in regards to USF and if it ever unfolds ........ and will be **** interesting to see how FAU and us turn out the next three years or so ...

That will be interesting. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I don’t think I’d be able to watch fau pass us by. 

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

It sure is hard to sell these days. If I don't see major improvement this year I am out as well. It is not a good luck for Golesh to lose the teams three best offensive weapons in Battie, Weaver,  and Horn.

So in one breath you lament losing our best weapons off the strength of our team, and in the next you're looking for major improvement this year ....... you may as well just leave now.

2 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

I don’t think I’d be able to watch fau pass us by. 

It would be the first promotion that even I couldn't find excuses for ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,036
  • Days Won:  10

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

It would be the first promotion that even I couldn't find excuses for ....

One thing that as a program we do have total control of is the OCS. I expect our OCS to look much nicer then FAU's.

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

So in one breath you lament losing our best weapons off the strength of our team, and in the next you're looking for major improvement this year ....... you may as well just leave now.

When bar for improvement is two fbs teams in a watered down aac then anything is possible.

Just now, Outlaw said:

When bar for improvement is two fbs teams in a watered down aac then anything is possible.

Well, that is true ........ but major improvement should be three, don't ya think?

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Well, that is true ........ but major improvement should be three, don't ya think?

Of course . I am not expecting  anything from Golesh and am going in with uncertainty.  I am looking for improvement  in year one and 0.500 by year two. I hope he becomes the most successful  usf coach ever but he is just a question mark at the present time that inherited a sunken ship  stranded on the bottom of the ocean.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

Although Herman was maybe my top choice, he's hardly what I consider a splash hire, especially for this area ... To me the only splash hires, hires that would possibly "excite" the whole area were PT and Chuckie.

Got to meet him at the half last night. He's been playing a lot of golf and his face and arms showed it. Needs to use some sunscreen. He introduced himself and was pleasant. I was thinking, yep, know who you are. But thought it was nice that he did. Got a sense of his intensity just the way he was talking about the game.

• Upvote 1