• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So how good/bad was this recruiting class considering the situation?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

7 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

100%. A 1-11 team just lost nearly all of its offensive talent to other schools. Sadly, after 15 seasons, our season ticket renewal is in serious doubt. 

We renewed ours and will give it another year or 2. knowing we will lose our best talent year after year now has lowered my enthusiasm for college football. We are officially the minor leagues for the top 20 schools. 

Edited by Rex Havoc

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,033
  • Days Won:  10

1 minute ago, 00Bull said:

100%. A 1-11 team just lost nearly all of its offensive talent to other schools. Sadly, after 15 seasons, our season ticket renewal is in serious doubt. 

The question I am wondering: and I am not sure how to google it; so if anyone can answer it I will be thankful:  Are other AAC teams experiencing the same thing where they are losing most of their top players to the transfer portal. We just lost our top 2 receivers, and our star running back. Is the same thing happening to FAU; for example. If so everyone in the AAC will  be in the same boat, and it should not affect how we perform in the new AAC.

2 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

The question I am wondering: and I am not sure how to google it; so if anyone can answer it I will be thankful:  Are other AAC teams experiencing the same thing where they are losing most of their top players to the transfer portal. We just lost our top 2 receivers, and our star running back. Is the same thing happening to FAU; for example. If so everyone in the AAC will  be in the same boat, and it should not affect how we perform in the new AAC.

I’ve done no research on other teams, but I’d bet they have lost talented players to schools who can pay more. What makes this suck the most is that we can’t get attached to players because they will just leave. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  452
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

It’s a good question, I’ll defer to others who follow the conference more closely but it did seem like SMU was pulling in talent presumably based on their publicized payment structure. It seems like the colleges with the most wealthy donors will rise to the top and all other institutions will be the farm system. If that’s the case, watered down conference championships and/or bowl games seem to be mostly irrelevant participation trophies. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

16 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

It sure is hard to sell these days. If I don't see major improvement this year I am out as well. It is not a good luck for Golesh to lose the teams three best offensive weapons in Battie, Weaver,  and Horn.

Let’s at least be fair, Horn and Weaver were gone before he got here.  I can’t blame him for Battie either, he has turned some heads and was going to get recruited by other schools, which he has. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,520
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

Let’s at least be fair, Horn and Weaver were gone before he got here.  I can’t blame him for Battie either, he has turned some heads and was going to get recruited by other schools, which he has. 

Weaver said he was staying and didn't enter the portal at first then changed his mind. Battie committed to being a bull then entered the portal today. Something is going on behind the scenes. Horn was gone at the end of the season.

Edited by Outlaw

5 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

It’s a good question, I’ll defer to others who follow the conference more closely but it did seem like SMU was pulling in talent presumably based on their publicized payment structure. It seems like the colleges with the most wealthy donors will rise to the top and all other institutions will be the farm system. If that’s the case, watered down conference championships and/or bowl games seem to be mostly irrelevant participation trophies. 

You hit the nail on the head when you said the colleges with the most wealthy donors will rise to the top. This whole system is flawed. There should be a cap on how much money can be spent or how much each player can make. 

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Weaver said he was staying and didn't enter the portal at first then changed his mind. Battie committed to being a bull then entered the portal today. Something is going on behind the scenes. Horn was gone at the end of the season.

I think they just got NIL offers they couldn’t turn down. I can’t blame CAG for that. I’m loyal to my job, but if another job wants to offer me double it would be stupid not to go. This is going to happen to us every year. 

Edited by Rex Havoc
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Weaver didn’t bother playing the last two games so if you believed he was staying then I have some swampland for sale if you are interested. You didn’t think teams were going to actively recruit Battie as well, c’mon man. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,520
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Weaver didn’t bother playing the last two games so if you believed he was staying then I have some swampland for sale if you are interested. You didn’t think teams were going to actively recruit Battie as well, c’mon man. 

I didn't believe he was staying but it seemed like CAG or someone talked him into staying. He entered the transfer portal pretty late. I don't mind swampland for cheap. There is a lot  of good fishing, duck hunting, and gator hunting on the right piece of swamp.

Edited by Outlaw