• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So how good/bad was this recruiting class considering the situation?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,037
  • Days Won:  10

Just now, Outlaw said:

I didn't believe he was staying but it seemed like CAG or someone talked him into staying. He entered the transfer portal pretty late.

yes, something changed or they would have entered the portal sooner just like Horn did.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

To Outlaw’s point, these recent departures seem odd to me considering we just hired the guy (supposedly) responsible for the best offense in the country last season. Wouldn’t offensive players want to stick around to reap the benefits? If one of Golesh’s early objectives was to retain talent (which should have been a given) it doesn’t look like he’s succeeding. Is this all due to lack of $?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,556
  • Days Won:  25

I am not trying to argue with anyone just something seems odd going on behind the scenes with Weaver and Battie who was 100% committed to staying just decide to leave. The only two things I can think of is NIL $$$$ or something more going on with Golesh behind the scenes. I am giving Golesh a shot and hoping he improves USF from the previous guy. I would think WEaver and Battie would have loved to play in his offense and have one big year then hit the NFL.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, Outlaw said:

I am not trying to argue with anyone just something seems odd going on behind the scenes with Weaver and Battie who was 100% committed to staying just decide to leave. The only two things I can think of is NIL $$$$ or something more going on with Golesh behind the scenes. I am giving Golesh a shot and hoping he improves USF from the previous guy. I would think WEaver and Battie would have loved to play in his offense and have one big year then hit the NFL.

Definitely it's NIL...we can't compete with the p5 teams. This is I'm afraid the new norm as long as there is no cap on NIL or some max amount of transfers allowed to be added to teams. 

For one I am looking at other AAC programs to see if they are losing their best players at the same rate we are to the transfer portal. They are losing players, but not like we are.  The first team I looked at is Tulsa  because they were nearly as bad as we are.  For example they have 2 wide receivers. One is Keylon Strokes who had 1224 yards and the other one is Santana with 859 yards. As far as I know neither are in the transfer portal at this time( but maybe I am not looking it up right; (dont know if their is a website site that has all the info organized?)

7 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

For one I am looking at other AAC programs to see if they are losing their best players at the same rate we are to the transfer portal. They are losing players, but not like we are.  The first team I looked at is Tulsa  because they were nearly as bad as we are.  For example they have 2 wide receivers. One is Keylon Strokes who had 1224 yards and the other one is Santana with 859 yards. As far as I know neither are in the transfer portal at this time( but maybe I am not looking it up right; (dont know if their is a website site that has all the info organized?)

Thank you for the research.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,893
  • Days Won:  67

12 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I didn't believe he was staying but it seemed like CAG or someone talked him into staying. He entered the transfer portal pretty late. I don't mind swampland for cheap. There is a lot  of good fishing, duck hunting, and gator hunting on the right piece of swamp.

At the end of the day, these are kids chasing money, and what they view as a better opportunity to display their talents.  I don’t really blame any of them, won’t really blame many of us from tuning out as well, doesn’t seem like a sustainable model. 

5 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

At the end of the day, these are kids chasing money, and what they view as a better opportunity to display their talents.  I don’t really blame any of them, won’t really blame many of us from tuning out as well, doesn’t seem like a sustainable model. 

I think the NIL is going to kill the interest of college football for all the teams that are not at the top. AD MK really missed the mark on hiring last coaching hire for realignment and set us back further than ever in the college football world.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I think the NIL is going to kill the interest of college football for all the teams that are not at the top. AD MK really missed the mark on hiring last coaching hire for realignment and set us back further than ever in the college football world.

There needs to be a max amount of money players can be paid and a max amount of transfers a team can bring in each year. Either this or have the nfl make a minor league system and return back to true college athletics. 

26 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Another example. FAU  QB NKosi 2712 yards 25 td 5 int, McCammon RB 1004 yards rushing, Wester WR 719 yards

None of them (as as far as I know based on basic research) in the transfer portal.

What's going on at USF is not happening at other AAC programs at this time