• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF OCS, dream or reality

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

12 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

The OCS timeline has been pretty clear from all of the statements that have been made by MK, WW, etc. Currently we're on track.

CRAP! Out of reactions again! GO BULLS!

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  850
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

The OCS timeline has been pretty clear from all of the statements that have been made by MK, WW, etc. Currently we're on track.

Thanks, John. Good to hear and know. 

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,384
  • Days Won:  43

Yes thanks!

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,124
  • Days Won:  56

19 hours ago, USFreak said:

When this OCS that has no plans, no funding, and no timeframe for completion magically appears on campus let me know.  A few more years of 1-11, 2-10 seasons should do it.  Go Golesh!

Wow. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,124
  • Days Won:  56

14 hours ago, USFreak said:

If more of us rocked the boat maybe we wouldn't be living in the cellar with one dingy light bulb and a can of minced ham.

We can keep making the same mistakes or maybe we can learn from them?  Aye, comrade?

CG: I know you don't frequent this board much, but we have plenty of this guy here already. You're not making any new contribution.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,057
  • Days Won:  38

6 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Wow. 

Deionmania broke several brains.  They flew too close to the sun.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

CG: I know you don't frequent this board much, but we have plenty of this guy here already. You're not making any new contribution.

I'm more just twisting a few nipples on my way out.  The Bulls were one thing but this Wilson trade and the Broncos really have me ornery.  The fact that Herschel Walker's name has been batted about with this Senate race only serves to remind me the Donks may have now officially taken the title for worst trade ever.  I'm sputtering out on this board stuff clearly.  It has been fun to be back.  I clearly think Leavitt could turn this thing around.  That clearly isn't happening.  There's another "energetic" assistant awarded head coach that really reminds of us of the guy that could actually turn USF around.  

I know this isn't the popular opinion but back 15 years ago I feel I played armchair QB, administrator and head hoops coach (freaking Greenberg and that street ball ****).  It was on our old board (usf.rivals.com) but I feel I was pretty predictively accurate on how things would unfold.  The conference landscape for sure.  Much of it did unfold how I thought although I'm not sure I predicted some of it would blow up in such spectacular fashion.  Back to my favorite meme.

YARN | It's worse. It's so much worse. | Guardians of the ...

I HOPE I'm proven wrong here.  I saw a transition.  I saw a still vibrant coach living in Tampa and thought it a really good opportunity to resurrect a team that has had three of the absolute worst years in its history...in really any team's history...in non P5 conference that is also about to get so much worse.  UCF, Houston and Cinci leaving makes this a Sun Belt level conference.  This campus really is on that burial ground if you can't turn it around in the revised AAC.

But I get it.  It is negative and counterproductive.   I typically only show up on the transitions.  If all these puppies and milkshakes finally show up for the OCS or Golesh tears up the track I won't show up to eat my words.  Why?  Because nobody on this board truly believes this guy is the answer either.  You are merely hopeful he is...clearly there were three or four camps in this search - 1) The Prime Time Camp 2) The Leavitt Camp 3) The Caldwell (or other head coach - retread or rising) and then 4) The thirsty assistant camp (Golesh, etc).

I doubt anybody on this board had #4 as their top choice.  I firmly believe everybody (whether they like Leavitt or not) though #1 and #2 could have a real impact on the W/L and drive of this program.  #3 seemed like the route to go when #1 was too pie in the sky (Colorado easily snatched him) and #2 simply wasn't realistic.

But we are at #4.  A wily assistant from Tennessee.  

Sorry to bring it back to the Broncos but he feels a lot like Nathaniel Hackett to me.

Godspeed Bulls fans.  I can't come back here with egg on my face because I can't think there is truly anybody on this board that had Golesh on their board much less at the top of it.  You are all just clutching your pearls and hoping for the best.   Me too, but I think we chalked up a 2022 blunder to add to the ones so poignantly spelled out here and here:

578045484.jpg

No program in major college football has done less with more than South Florida.
USATSI_17150516-scaled-e1650305494763.jp

South Florida football experienced a rapid rise under Jim Leavitt in the 2000s. What's gone wrong to leave the Bulls behind in realignment?

Edited by USFreak
tense

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,452
  • Days Won:  19

I would never begrudge my kid having a shiny new toy as long as I am not paying for it.  Mazel tov!

Meowwolf Dream Big GIF by PIZZA PALS PLAYZONE

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, bulloni said:

99 yards is a long way to go.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,452
  • Days Won:  19

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

99 yards is a long way to go.

Depends who is on the other side of the line of scrimmage.

• Upvote 1