• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF OCS, dream or reality

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,691
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, SilverBull said:

Depends who is on the other side of the line of scrimmage.

The 85 Bears D in this case.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, USFreak said:

I'm more just twisting a few nipples on my way out.  The Bulls were one thing but this Wilson trade and the Broncos really have me ornery.  The fact that Herschel Walker's name has been batted about with this Senate race only serves to remind me the Donks may have now officially taken the title for worst trade ever.  I'm sputtering out on this board stuff clearly.  It has been fun to be back.  I clearly think Leavitt could turn this thing around.  That clearly isn't happening.  There's another "energetic" assistant awarded head coach that really reminds of us of the guy that could actually turn USF around.  

I know this isn't the popular opinion but back 15 years ago I feel I played armchair QB, administrator and head hoops coach (freaking Greenberg and that street ball ****).  It was on our old board (usf.rivals.com) but I feel I was pretty predictively accurate on how things would unfold.  The conference landscape for sure.  Much of it did unfold how I thought although I'm not sure I predicted some of it would blow up in such spectacular fashion.  Back to my favorite meme.

YARN | It's worse. It's so much worse. | Guardians of the ...

I HOPE I'm proven wrong here.  I saw a transition.  I saw a still vibrant coach living in Tampa and thought it a really good opportunity to resurrect a team that has had three of the absolute worst years in its history...in really any team's history...in non P5 conference that is also about to get so much worse.  UCF, Houston and Cinci leaving makes this a Sun Belt level conference.  This campus really is on that burial ground if you can't turn it around in the revised AAC.

But I get it.  It is negative and counterproductive.   I typically only show up on the transitions.  If all these puppies and milkshakes finally show up for the OCS or Golesh tears up the track I won't show up to eat my words.  Why?  Because nobody on this board truly believes this guy is the answer either.  You are merely hopeful he is...clearly there were three or four camps in this search - 1) The Prime Time Camp 2) The Leavitt Camp 3) The Caldwell (or other head coach - retread or rising) and then 4) The thirsty assistant camp (Golesh, etc).

I doubt anybody on this board had #4 as their top choice.  I firmly believe everybody (whether they like Leavitt or not) though #1 and #2 could have a real impact on the W/L and drive of this program.  #3 seemed like the route to go when #1 was too pie in the sky (Colorado easily snatched him) and #2 simply wasn't realistic.

But we are at #4.  A wily assistant from Tennessee.  

Sorry to bring it back to the Broncos but he feels a lot like Nathaniel Hackett to me.

Godspeed Bulls fans.  I can't come back here with egg on my face because I can't think there is truly anybody on this board that had Golesh on their board much less at the top of it.  You are all just clutching your pearls and hoping for the best.   Me too, but I think we chalked up a 2022 blunder to add to the ones so poignantly spelled out here and here:

578045484.jpg

No program in major college football has done less with more than South Florida.
USATSI_17150516-scaled-e1650305494763.jp

South Florida football experienced a rapid rise under Jim Leavitt in the 2000s. What's gone wrong to leave the Bulls behind in realignment?

Jesus man... Go find a really tall bridge. 

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

Jesus man... Go find a really tall bridge. 

YARN | I'm going with "jerk store." "Jerk store" is the line. | Seinfeld  (1993) - S08E12 The Money | Video clips by quotes | 92b40170 | 紗

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

On 12/6/2022 at 3:48 PM, USFreak said:

Split off another thread by moderator...

"Total dream" seems pretty accurate.

Why do you even bother to post anymore?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, BayIslandBull said:

Why do you even bother to post anymore?

Apparently it's the nipple twisting .....

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,405
  • Days Won:  3

**PSA**

Ignore feature works wonders.

Eventually, you will end up having conversations with yourself. It's a win/win.

Edited by joniscoming
Forgot something
  • Upvote 1

Just now, joniscoming said:

**PSA**

Ignore feature works wonders.

Maybe I should pin that thread .....

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,040
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, USFreak said:

It was on our old board (usf.rivals.com)

And you had one older than that.  So the people that are giving USFreak behavior advice should know that you and Dave had your site way back before Rivals even existed.  Before much else existed on the web, including this site.  You and Dave were pioneers.  Sometimes the frustration and anger directly correlates to the length of time, great experiences, amount of money and emotion a fan has invested.  @USFreak will always get some extra space from me.  Like what he says or not, he's a Bull as much as he may try not to be.  Most of us have been there at one point or another.   Some of you, just a month ago...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,380
  • Days Won:  43

7 minutes ago, Brad said:

And you had one older than that.  So the people that are giving USFreak behavior advice should know that you and Dave had your site way back before Rivals even existed.  Before much else existed on the web, including this site.  You and Dave were pioneers.  Sometimes the frustration and anger directly correlates to the length of time, great experiences, amount of money and emotion a fan has invested.  @USFreak will always get some extra space from me.  Like what he says or not, he's a Bull as much as he may try not to be.  Most of us have been there at one point or another. Some of you, just a month ago...

USFreak is a USF legend. We need to start winning more freaking basketball & football games for diehards like him. He should post some pics of his USF shrine. I remember going debating with Freak back when I was a USF student that happened to find Brad’s Bulliever board and the USF Rivals board. 

2 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

USFreak is a USF legend. We need to start winning more freaking basketball & football games for diehards like him. He should post some pics of his USF shrine. I remember going debating with Freak back when I was a USF student that happened to find Brad’s Bulliever board and the USF Rivals board. 

Diehards like he used to be .... and I agree it would great to somehow get those like him back in the fold because we need every fan/donor we can get. Bottom line, though, you're either in or you're out, and right now he and the others are out.

• Upvote 1